The Official Liverpool FC Thread

The Infamous

He's won league titles with two different clubs. Henderson was never going to make an immediate impact. Downing and Carroll have undoubtedly been shite, but the latter looks to be improving.

Despite popular opinion there was alot of game this season they utterly dominated and drew.

Its a results business but when you back someone with that much money, he delivers a cup and another final you should back him. As soon as fourth became unrealistic they seemed to give up and their slide down the table was inevitable.

It might go tits up but if they sack him they're gonna have to find someone who can work with Henderson/Downing/Carroll, because no way can they afford to sell them all off at half what they paid.

• Upvote 1

The thing is Carroll came to us injured scored a few got another injury. He didn't have a proper pre-season and looked to have put on weight. It took him a while to get into the pace of things and the team as a whole had been not winning matches. Some people started turning on him and even Kenny was doing it he scored in the league cup against Cardiff and go dropped the next game wtf?? He slimmed down and got his "swagger" back slowly the turning point for him was

he was probably thinking 'fuck these scouse cunts thee toon are doing well they will have me back' he went St park and got abused. He has since looked a MUCH better player

next season will be good for him but I would sign a more senior number 9 ahead of him and he still gets enough games with us. his pricetag doesn't matter he's a talented young player

same with jordan who started like a deer in headlights and lacked bite in central midfield. he was pushed out wide to combat it but he was even more ineffective over there with his lack of acceleration and guile. he suffered from lack of confidence with other players barking at him but he has found his feet when put back in midfield. his first touch is one of the best at the club and his trademark first time through balls. He will definitely improve with us and its exactly like Lucas at the start of his career with us most people thought he was a piece of shit but he developed into one of our leaders.

Im a very harsh critic of Stewart but he has been unlucky he would have numerous assists if carol,suarez,kuyt etc put their chances away. he started brightly and his form dipped dramatically also I think him and enrique confuse each other as they don't have a brain cell between each other

We have to keep Hendo,Downing,Caroll only one I would accept a mistake with is Charlie adam and I would sign someone else better in the position

Good bye to Maxi a great servant who came on a bosman. Should have played a lot more this season

We can't sack Kenny he's a great manager and makes us play fluid pass and move football. We need to improve on our scouting system though..we can't afford to look at english players this summer!!!

Interestingly in his webchat today, Rory Smith said Comolli was insisting on British players last summer and was insisting on them again this summer. It is likely a factor in FSG's dismissing him - i.e. look at Newcastle who have found cheap good talent abroad, why are we overpaying for less talented british players?

hope this is true

fuck english players bar henderson,shelvey and raheem

The loss of Lucas and no suitable replacement hurt us a lot. Still, we dominated a large majority of games but seemed to lack the fight we once had, as soon as we went behind in games it was hard to see us coming back.

Main problem though was shooting accuracy. Last lot of stats I can find are from 2 weeks ago and we have the second highest amount of shots, 1 behind chelsea yet our accuracy percentage is only better than Stoke and OPR smh. The amount of time we hit the woodwork was a joke, and we missed a sh*t load of pens.

Main priority during the summer is a striker who can actually score, and a right winger.

Adam can piss off, Henderson and Carroll will come good.

I cant understand people still expecting Henderson to come good. Him and Spearing have been embarrassing.

Id love to see Joe Cole operating behind Suarez and Carroll next season, anyone know whats happening with him?

Henderson embarassing but you want joe cole back

:lol:

Season has been shambolic in so many ways, I just hope lessons have been learned.

I think Kenny's main mistake was changing too much too quickly, the team that showed lots of potential when he first took over was broken up and replaced with players lacking the ability and mentality to play for the club.

A certain someone used to bang on about mentality so much and up until this season it never hit home to me how important it is, some players just aren't built to play for clubs with high expectations. On top of that Kenny has kept faith in some of these players when they aren't even putting in the required level of effort never mind performance.

If Kenny stays I want to see this ruthless streak so many of the elders have been telling me about makes an appearance.

• Upvote 2

Season has been shambolic in so many ways, I just hope lessons have been learned.

I think Kenny's main mistake was changing too much too quickly, the team that showed lots of potential when he first took over was broken up and replaced with players lacking the ability and mentality to play for the club.

A certain someone used to bang on about mentality so much and up until this season it never hit home to me how important it is, some players just aren't built to play for clubs with high expectations. On top of that Kenny has kept faith in some of these players when they aren't even putting in the required level of effort never mind performance.

If Kenny stays I want to see this ruthless streak so many of the elders have been telling me about makes an appearance.

c/s

The attack of Meireles, Suarez, Kuyt and maxi worked well for us and i'm still baffled why we abandoned that game plan so rapidly. Instead of using that as a base and making signings that built upon that we sold one of them and basically shunned two of the others for inferior signings. We should have signed players that complimented that playstyle and rotated the new wingers with Maxi and Kuyt, Meireles is a strange one, i still feel he would have stayed had we kept to the agreement (even with the change in ownership) but even with him leaving, we should have already had that covered with Aquilani being retained as an attacking option. Instead we let both go bringing in no real like for like replacement for either, brought in Downing forcing Maxi out of the side and put way too much faith in him on that left hand side and used Henderson on the right way too much when he should have been used primarily in the centre from the start.

Personally, i want Downing sold. From what i've seen the guys f*ck*ng cowardly, shuns any challenge and plays like a timid child in a room full of shouting adults. Sick to death of seeing him one on one with a fullback, only to bottle it and turn around to pass it to someone else then just stand and watch. Not many seem to pinpoint it but his game intellegence seems pathetic to me, he makes the shittest laziest runs and rarely ever occupies the dangerous positions Kuyt and Maxi do. Can't believe with the pace he has he runs at his man so little. Granted some of his crosses this season have been brililant and he can't blamed for others missing chances presented to them on a silver platter but that seems to be all he does, a few great crosses every so often then he coasts. I'd love to see him come but he just looked shook for too much of the season.

The excuses made for players like Downing getting endless starts while much better players warm the bench have been pathetic and i find it nuts so many think instead of convincing Maxi and Kuyt to stay while simultaneously improving our results we were right to 'bed in' Downing ready for next season and just resign ourselves to the fact Maxi and Kuyt will leave, ignoring the fact they want to leave because of that same lack of starts.

Carroll has been much improved (especially since the newcastle game), still has alot to improve on but atleast he repaying Kennys faith and working his arse off for the team.

Some of Kennys decisions this season worry me for next season, granted every manager is stubborn, but some of the stuff Kenny sticks to relentlessly just baffles me. Maxi and Kuyts omission, Downings repeated sh*t performances being tolerated, the insistence on using Henderson on the right, Carragher starting over Coates many times, The overuse of Enrique when he clearly needed a rest, The persistent use of Gerrard at CM and bringing Shelvey back from Blackpool only to sit him on the bench for however many games before finally using him and seeing him thrive.

This kind of sh*t needs to change, we suffered from it countless times and its like we wait till we suffer bad results from it too much before finally changing things.

Summer was incredibly costly, not even just the signings but ignoring the massive gaps in the side aswell, couldn't believe we never brought in a back up DM and another striker and it inevitably cost us numerous times throughout the season.

I like Kenny but he needs to either go back to the plan that worked so well when he first took over from Hodgson or make adjustments to what seems to be his current plan and stop accomodating these below par players and performances.

I'm liking our reported transfer targets as they seem like what we should have gone for in the first place but knowing us we'll just be linked then not actually make a decent enough effort to secure them.

• Upvote 2