THE SMARTPHONE THREAD

Lenny

Yh. I was tryna transfer stuff to the Galaxy Tab on a Mac and it was terrible. Why has Android got this new android transfer thing instead of it just opening up as USB mass storage like the old ones did?

Also if you wanna move certain videos and it fails, just rename the extension to a non-video format and then change it back once you've moved it over.

Yh. I was tryna transfer stuff to the Galaxy Tab on a Mac and it was terrible. Why has Android got this new android transfer thing instead of it just opening up as USB mass storage like the old ones did? Also if you wanna move certain videos and it fails, just rename the extension to a non-video format and then change it back once you've moved it over.

Yeh they use MTP now. I was wondering why all you guys having problems when its easy for me, but OSX doesnt fully support MTP, thats why you get all those problems.

http://support.google.com/android/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1120329

Check that out, you need to install some extra stuff, dont know if it will solve your problem though

having flash and rooting have nothing to do with each other

-if you root you won't lose flash - tho you'll lose your apps (inlcuding flash) if you flash a custom rom, but you can back them up beforehand

-you can install flash without rooting - the apk is floating around the internet