Official Drinking Thread

Thizz

Beg someone explain the difference between:

Normal Guiness

Irish Guiness

Nigerian Stout Guiness

Irish Guinness is the same as 'normal', theoretically not different to what you get here. The taste difference between an English pint and one in Ireland can be put down to the greater indigenous expertise in shipping, storage and serving the stuff. Stout that's badly-kept or poured can be depressingly unpleasant

Foreign Extra Stout is the brand shipped out from Ireland half-brewed and fermented locally in whatever market it's headed to, but iirc nowadays all the UK's Guinness is done fully in the Dublin brewery.

Nigerian Guinness is a Foreign Extra strand which is fermented out there, with sorghum instead of barley. It's a bit heavier in taste (as well as higher ABV%), more roasty with some malty sweetness

• Upvote 4

safe^ can I substitute sambuca for vodka? my mate will be getting it free at the bar all night

also, @ anyone, if I got a bottle of rum/vodka, say 750ml or however big they come - how much mixer should account for it if I'm pouring doubles?

A double is 50ml so from a 750ml vodka bottle you will get 15 drinks. A 2 litre bottle of coke or whatever should be enough.

• Upvote 1

:lol: one guy tried saying how his appleton was imported n on some ttkk tip how you cant get it over here n sh*t had to take him one shop n point out not only is it available everywhere but its cheap too

c/s desperado but never seen any flavoured colourful ones

not gonna lie i bought a super tennants last night for a pound well i got someone to get it for me felt the tramp seeping into my body but i slept nice

lmao u shld llow it

Guest WAVESURFER

What's the least sweet mixer? I'm thinking orange juice but when I think of having it my belly feels weird still.

:blink: Orange juice the least sweet?

Try these:

Bitter Lemon.

Tonic.

Soda water.

The only one I really like out of them is Bitter Lemon. Maybe a bit of an acquired taste, but they probably all are tbh.