Paul Pogba

Guest R9

Paul Pogba is to become a Manchester United player after Fifa gave the go-ahead for his transfer from Le Havre.The French club's president Jean-Pierre Louvel had previously accused the Premier League champions of unlawfully approaching the teenager, to which a Fifa judge has ruled against.The accusations came in the wake of the transfer embargo handed to Chelsea by world football's governing body for their illegal dealings in their signing of Gael Kakuta.United will receive no such punishment, however, as Fifa have ruled that the teenager could not have received an offer to break his contract with Le Havre as he was too young to be tied down to a club.A statement released by the club last night said: "Manchester United is pleased to confirm that the Football Association has been authorised by Fifa to register Paul Pogba as a Manchester United player with immediate effect."Le Havre had claimed financial incentives were offered to Pogba and his family, which United strongly denied, with boss Sir Alex Ferguson adamant that such methods were against club policy.Pogba has since been deemed an amateur while at the French outfit as his age prevented a legitimate professional contract, with nominal expenses his only payment during his stay.The judge provided international transfer clearance for the player to join the English club immediately, dismissing all Le Havre's submissions
Slow day in the sports room tbh.

• 5 years later...
Pogba played a major role in helping Juve clinch their third successive Scudetto last season, scoring seven goals and setting up seven more in 36 Serie A appearances for the Bianconeri.

“I'm impatient,” Pogba said in the latest FourFourTwo magazine about leaving United. 'It was the feeling I had. The coach (Sir Alex Ferguson) had faith in me but didn't put me on.

“He said that I was too young. He said "your time will come" but it never did. It didn't come. But it does not mean I will speak ill of Manchester United. I love the club.

How would real line up if they get him?

Bump