crime amongst youths in london

Axiom

You work for ES?

No. not even sure what your talking about tbh.

its a mentoring company tbh.

ohh. I'm looking to get into mentoring or youth offending when i gain a little bit more experience in the job and working with youth.

Volunteer at a YOT mate or at a local Crime and Disorder Partnership it'll go miles when you apply.

Some kids are just little shits tbh

I'd agree with this. Only some though, a very small minority, I've only ever come across two. Some of our kids come from brilliant homes, nice areas, not state dependent, good educational achievers but just want to be bad. However, although we do know a lot we don't really know what goes on behind closed doors...

You work for ES?

ohh. I'm looking to get into mentoring or youth offending when i gain a little bit more experience in the job and working with youth.

Volunteer at a YOT mate or at a local Crime and Disorder Partnership it'll go miles when you apply.

yeah i know, i'm effectivly working full time as a youth worker now, and as soon as i finish Uni im looking to volunteer in a whole load of different services so i can find the one i want to go further in.

You work for ES?

yeah i know, i'm effectivly working full time as a youth worker now, and as soon as i finish Uni im looking to volunteer in a whole load of different services so i can find the one i want to go further in.

Can't you fit it in at uni? You don't have to do a lot if you volunteer for the YOT anyway you just do what you can fit in sometimes you only need to do an hour a week but you can still say you did it for whatever time period. The training they give you will count towards brownie points too.

Most dont know any better, espicially if your surrounded by that stuff everyday from a young age your gonna become apart of it. Kids follow trends so they act how their olders do crime will never get any better it will only get worse imo.

Plus you get d*ckheads who wanna act like that because they think it makes them cool

• Upvote 2

Relating this to Marx is pretty straight forward I'd imagine. Did something similar in criminology quite a while back. In a Marxist framework, the lower classes are at a natural state of unrest, thus resulting in all kinds of bother.

There is an alternative view though, which I took to the most, and that is that, crime is constructed by the upper classes. Basically, everyone takes part in crime (it's a normal state of human affairs and there is no one specific 'reason' for it) - but the law is designed to target crimes of the powerless. If you think about how the UK invaded Iraq - there are so many legal loopholes for the government to exploit, making that sort of thing acceptable to the extent that they are still there. But say one gang in London decided that another gang wasn't safe, and decided to go there and take them all out - the authorities would be all over it. Because they have the power to do that.

theres some truth in this imo

compare - benefit fraud and mps expenses

one is an 'administrative error', the other is a crime...

You work for ES?

Can't you fit it in at uni? You don't have to do a lot if you volunteer for the YOT anyway you just do what you can fit in sometimes you only need to do an hour a week but you can still say you did it for whatever time period. The training they give you will count towards brownie points too.

got a 13,000 word dissertation to write and other projects to finish, as well as my usual work commitments so i'm thinking its better not to over do it right now,

i'll be done with Uni by June and looking to fully get onto this thing then.

Most dont know any better, espicially if your surrounded by that stuff everyday from a young age your gonna become apart of it. Kids follow trends so they act how their olders do crime will never get any better it will only get worse imo.

Plus you get d*ckheads who wanna act like that because they think it makes them cool

pos'dizzled

got a 13,000 word dissertation to write and other projects to finish, as well as my usual work commitments so i'm thinking its better not to over do it right now,

i'll be done with Uni by June and looking to fully get onto this thing then.

So did I mate... you need to be more ODT. Trust me, if you want to work in a YOT you need to get used to pressures. But once it gets to June you'll be ok. I handed in my last assignment then 7 days later started my job on 1st June. Imagine that lol.

I'd agree with this. Only some though, a very small minority, I've only ever come across two. Some of our kids come from brilliant homes, nice areas, not state dependent, good educational achievers but just want to be bad. However, although we do know a lot we don't really know what goes on behind closed doors...

this is it, someone may be from an affluent area but that doesn't mean that their parents are any good at raising them, i don't beleive that anyone is JUST a little sh*t.

doing a presentation on this next week and i wanna get some ideas flowing on how to relate this subject to marx and durkheim

what do you think are the main reasons for youth in london getting involved in criminal activities (knife crime, gun crime, gangs)?

survival?

money?

peer pressure?

fashion?

protection?

all of the above?

scream at me

safe people

I personally think it has to do with circumstances, you always know right from wrong but there are so much grey area's for instance stealing, robbing is wrong but what else can a youth do if his dinner is school meal and dinner at his nans because his mum has spent her benifit money on crack and from a young age the child has to fend for himself (I know we have social services but you will surprised how many fall through the net and end up institulinzed criminal) so that is one way of looking at it as survival. Guys from the inner city schools probely know the youths im talking about the ones who were always fighting in year 7 and 8 in year 9 you see them less and less as they are bunking off and getting involved in the start of crimnal activities. Then in school year 10 and 11 they never hardly come school and they have money now. they end up in and out of jail all of the CID in the nick knows them and stops them and chats to them as a normal thing you have them road youths. These are the type of guys that bareface rob a man from the bits.

Then you have other guys who get involved in crimanal activities as a hustle because they have ambition to make millions these guys always went school, but is a grafter for making money which lead them down the path of ilegal activties as they want money instance and not in the future. These kind of guys probely might go jail once or twice in their life but more time they move on point

I think allot of it has to do with money, allot of these guys are willing to work but not for the pay cheque they will be offered. So if an older sets you up with a line where you are making £1000 a week to yourself easy its a no brainer. Then you have to remember you are making money but you are still in the bits and people see you are moving bosey these guys are likely to rob you for your chains whip everything. So then obviously weapons have to be involved because you want to protect yourself and whats making you money.

Then you have to remember we are all growing up in cramped London so what allot of people call gangs are actually like family's (I rarely hear someone with sense and respected saying they are gangsters) Allot of the man dem go to each others houses on the estate together go raving together so it's a natural progression for it to feel like a family not a gang. Then say you are all in the same social situation finding it hard to make money its another progression for this ''gang'' to then turn to Peti crime to make money. Remember my bredrin asked his boys to come La cosa nostra down Oceans with us one time and they never came coz they could not make enough money from robbing people that day. Like these next Newham youngers who stayed at one of the yards I stayed at every morning they just robbed people coming out of post offices. as they looked at it got them there take away foods and helped them buy more weed them situations I could attach to peer pressure in a way but then again if them same man were brought up together in say Chester they would not be doing them things so they are a victim of their enviorment you could say poor educatioin no prospects so they go this way. T they will carry on robbing or do another get rich quick hustle which is usually a crime

I would also say there are people who do it for fashion they are the d*ckheads who want everyone to know they own a gun and sell drugs usually these guys have something wrong with them mentaley the kinda guys who were in the slow class in school. You usually find these guys hype up nuff they do go jail but get shown levels allot of them end up being Crack cats and heroin cats

So to evaluate what is going around in my head I reckon the main cause and effect for being young and in a gang has to do with social issues your immediate enviorment (inside the home)

:mellow:

:huh:

:angry:

FNHUJ>NBFND

FSDVGS

YOU DONT

f*ck*ng

WORK

FOR

YOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSAFHhsghsdgsae

pmsl, man unleashed the moe szyslak mode