Arsenal Summer Transfer Window

MrJibbles

Santi Cazorla believes he is at the perfect age to make the most of his move to Arsenal - and is confident he can hit the ground running.

The 27-year-old has spent his entire career in Spain, but is excited about the challenge of testing himself in the Premier League.

Cazorla was named as the 2007 Spanish Player of the Year and hopes to replicate that form for his new club.

"This was the last train [for me] because I think that getting to a big club at the age of 27 it is an ideal moment," the Spain international told Arsenal Player.

"You still have loads to learn but quite a lot to offer. It is an important moment in my career. I think it is a perfect age and hopefully I will be able to make the most of this opportunity.

"One always dreams of playing for a big club and now I am going to have the chance to do so. Everyone has told me that I am going to see a difference from the clubs where I have played before and Arsenal.

"You feel this a big club by the way they behave and treat you, for the facilities and for everything around the Club. I am very lucky to have this chance."

Cazorla does not want to set any specific targets for the new season, but believes he will continue to improve in the Premier League.

"You always want to get better. I scored nine goals in La Liga last season, so I want to exceed that," he said.

"It is always positive to do that. But we’ll see how the season goes. Hopefully I will be able to score a lot to help the team and have a good season. That is what we all want."

Gunner keep going! Wenger plans more signings now Cazorla's done

Ajax's van der Wiel and Marseille's N'Koulou are in the frame as Wenger seeks a versatile defender - but Sahin could be Anfield bound

Spain star Santi Cazorla has finally completed his big-money move to Arsenal - but Nuri Sahin looks unlikely to join him.

Not only are Liverpool also interested in a loan deal for Real Madrid midfielder Sahin, but Arsenal are unlikely to pursue him unless they end up selling Alex Song.

Barcelona and Bayern Munich are both interested in the Gunners' midfielder, but Song is under contract until 2015 and Arsenal are in no rush to sell.

If they get a fantastic offer then they may be tempted to part with the 24-year-old - but only on their terms and if they can get a good replacement.

Rennes and France midfielder Yann M'Vila has also been a long-term target.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is looking for a versatile defender who can play both right-back - where first-choice Bacary Sagna will miss the start of the season through injury - and centre-half.

Ajax's Dutch international Gregory van der Wiel is on their radar, while Marseille's Nicolas N'Koulou is another possibility.

Wenger is delighted to have snapped up Cazorla for a basic £12m, a fee which may rise depending on add-ons but means that, as things stand, they have signed the Spanish international playmaker, France striker Olivier Giroud and Germany forward Lukas Podolski for around £35m this summer.

Those deals are likely to make Robin van Persie think again about his Arsenal future.

The Dutch forward, linked with a move this summer after stating he would not extend a contract that expires at the end of the coming season, is at the Gunners' training camp in Germany and may play in Sunday's friendly in Cologne.

Manchester United, Manchester City and Juventus have all had bids for van Persie knocked back, and while United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is likely to try again, the belief is growing that RvP will at least start the season at Arsenal.

Cazorla, who has already posed in the Arsenal kit, will operate in the playmaker role and represents a major transfer coup for Wenger.

The 27-year-old has admitted that Arsenal's old boy network of Robert Pires and Cesc Fabregas persuaded him to make the move from Malaga.

* ARSENAL youngster Benik Afobe has started his season on loan at Championship side Bolton with a bang - scoring a hat-trick as they beat Tranmere 3-1 in a friendly.

Arsenal line up bid for 'Korean Gerrard' after sealing Cazorla deal

Arsenal are plotting a shock move for Celtic midfielder Ki Sung-yeung after rubber-stamping their £16.5million move for Santi Cazorla.

Gunners spies were alerted to the South Korea international’s talents while on scouting assignments in Scotland last season.

The club’s scouting network have kept a closer eye on the 23-year-old — who has been dubbed the South Korean Steven Gerrard in his homeland — during the Olympic Games and have been suitably impressed.

Crucially, influential chief scout Steve Rowley rates Ki — who would be available for around £9million —very highly and will recommend the energetic midfielder to manager Arsene Wenger.

Ki, who scored South Korea’s decisive spot kick in their penalty shootout win over Great Britain in the Olympic quarter-finals on Saturday, is also wanted by Queens Park Rangers manager Mark Hughes.

LOL NOT AGAIN

Andres Iniesta believes Alex Song would be a good addition to the Barcelona squad but is not sure whether the Arsenal midfielder will make the move to Camp Nou.

Recent reports have suggested that Barca are interested in the Cameroon international and could make a big-money offer to the Gunners in an effort to secure his signature.

Iniesta has been an admirer of the player for some time and is pleased to see him linked with a summer switch to the Catalan club.

The Spaniard says Song, who has reportedly attracted the attention of a number of other clubs, is good enough to play for Barcelona.

"He's a prodigy," said Iniesta. "I don't know how many years he's been playing but he isn't a discovery from yesterday.

"He's a good player and I've seen in a couple of publications that he could be joining our team.

"I don't know if that would be the case but if he comes here we'll welcome him the best we can.

"If he comes here it's because he has the ability to play here, no doubt."

Arsenal have been scouting Celtic midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng.

The South Korean international has been watched by Arsenal for the past two seasons and has received rave reviews from senior scouts, as well as Head Scout, Steve Rowley, who have watched the 23-year-old closely during the Olympic games.

Ki, who scored the winning penalty in the Quarter-Final shootout against Great Britain, is also wanted by QPR and Fulham.

The 2011 South Korea player of the year has been a big success at Celtic, impressing suitors with his range of passing and calmness in central midfield areas.

The 6ft 2in midfielder also has an eye for goal, scoring 9 goals during his two seasons in the SPL and 5 international goals in 45 appearances.

Arsenal scouts will be running the rule over Ki once more as South Korea take on Brazil in the semi-final of the Olympics at Old Trafford this evening.

http://wearethenorthbank.com/arsenal-set-sights-on-ki-signing/

Lol at the Koreans hating on Arsenal cos Park got no games

ill be pissed if song goes, everytime a player peaks for one season at arsenal der gone, with no replacement

but at the same time, if song goes i want some good business being done, hes got 3 years left on his contract

i wanna see our money worth, to many top clubs are getting a decent price form us