Skepta

n/a

I wouldn't say this is an especially exciting time for UK/London music

this time last year was more exciting wasn't it? German Whip + That's Not Me times

just because we have Drake and Kanye shouting out Skepta doesn't mean the scene is more alive

uklondon music>>

f*ck off.

About London music. Name one scene that has buss without the support of the rest of the UK.

Skepta and JME were nothing until white boys from Kent and Essex started copping CDs and BBK tees. This is the same insular mindset that f*cked up New York's hip-hop scene.

When London locked down on grime around the POW era, how do you think the scene survived? You think labels were pressing up just to drop off at Blackmarket, Uptown, Rhythm Division and Big Apple?

Skepta properly buss when he started linking Manny and Brum guys and shouting out other cities.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Song is trash

What happen to uk producers ??

Hope the album isnt full of these fruityloops 4 beats

the production on wileys new track pisses on shutdown

best thing about Shutdown is Skepta's performance on it

at a time when the whole world is watching, he delivered a track with hard bars that summarize everything he's about, as an American or Canadian going to check for him at this very moment, they will be able to buy into his brand off the back of those bars alone like say the first time YOU heard grime

no one listened to that beat and said ah shit that's a hit!  same with That's Not Me (if you ask me)

Skepta did the right thing here and is following an aesthetic that is not the same as Blacklisted, or that tape he did with Whoo Kid but is still delivering

bravo

uklondon music>>

f*ck off.

About London music. Name one scene that has buss without the support of the rest of the UK.

Skepta and JME were nothing until white boys from Kent and Essex started copping CDs and BBK tees. This is the same insular mindset that f*cked up New York's hip-hop scene.

When London locked down on grime around the POW era, how do you think the scene survived? You think labels were pressing up just to drop off at Blackmarket, Uptown, Rhythm Division and Big Apple?

Skepta properly buss when he started linking Manny and Brum guys and shouting out other cities.

One could also say that when the scene starting pandering to the wider audience was around the same time the scene fell off.

best thing about Shutdown is Skepta's performance on it

at a time when the whole world is watching, he delivered a track with hard bars that summarize everything he's about, as an American or Canadian going to check for him at this very moment, they will be able to buy into his brand off the back of those bars alone like say the first time YOU heard grime

no one listened to that beat and said ah sh*t that's a hit!  same with That's Not Me (if you ask me)

Skepta did the right thing here and is following an aesthetic that is not the same as Blacklisted, or that tape he did with Whoo Kid but is still delivering

bravo

blacklisted was acutally a sick tape