Skepta

n/a

On now, looks like a roadblock

Sick

watched it earlier.. Skeptas stage presence and everything about him is sick, so confident and knows how to really work the crowd

The best live performer in grime along with Ghetts.

Im gutted I didn't go tbh, This>>>>>Dizzees show the other day

Wretch is not the greatest live performer

/

had to download apple music to watch it, 3 months free subscription .....

shorty is one of the worst MC's of all time. 

• Upvote 2

I hear that I don’t pay much attention to the youths ting but anytime I do see something it is like he is paying homage to 2002, from the videos, the beats and now this. I understand this is his gimmick he is running with but it comes across mad corny to me. Personally for me AJ Tracy has surpassed him on maybe every level apart from live performance.

@Lionel me and you should start a podcast/youtube channel talking about grime with top ten list etc

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, The Somalian said:

I hear that I don’t pay much attention to the youths ting but anytime I do see something it is like he is paying homage to 2002, from the videos, the beats and now this. I understand this is his gimmick he is running with but it comes across mad corny to me. Personally for me AJ Tracy has surpassed him on maybe every level apart from live performance.

@Lionel me and you should start a podcast/youtube channel talking about grime with top ten list etc

Need to drop out the blue text. Can't read shit with the black background.

• Upvote 2

On 12/7/2016 at 3:46 PM, The Somalian said:

i definitely was thinking bout this at one point, but i think there's quite a lot of podcasts out there now between the GRM Daily, Rinse and every so often Halfcast pods these days

of course if i was to do one, i couldnt think of anyone better to do it with :lol:

@greens sorry that happens when I am at work I usually write my response in an outlook window & use cut and paste. But I will bear that in mind

@lionel I hear what you are saying about the over saturation of podcast. This one would have been good though had an idea of doing a top ten list of Grime MC’s who have fallen off like Scorcher, Griminal  etc and talk about why they fell off, even throw Dizzee in the mix got the idea from one wrestling podcast I listen to at times and how they construct their list.

On 12/7/2016 at 1:55 PM, yhfam said:

cringe

i can't stand these 'lets wear reebok workouts and lets take everything to back in the day' niggas

YEAH WE GET IT  

wtf is this - smh these hipsters make me sick 

next these kids will bring back 3310's 

urban outfitters  wearin ass niggas 

all this shit makes me feel like grampa simpson 

• Upvote 5

The Skepta sports direct gimmick is ridiculous  dressing like a bum is not cool but I guess compared with all the other gimmicks this is the one that got him over massively so he is running with it. Rather see him come out in balmain looking like a million bucks than this tramp shit he is pushing.

The podcast lets get grindinheat involved to

My views are conflicted.

On one hand I have an issue with how its like he's promoting the idea of looking bad. People don't look good in tracksuits, or at least in most cases. Don't promote the idea of "don't put effort into the way you look".

But on the other hand, this is how a lot of people do dress already, he's not come up with a movement, he's just taken this look that is comfortable to a huge amount of people, and he's making people feel happy with the way they look already, with what people are used to, comfortable with, don't need to make effort with. So I can appreciate it on that level.

Lots of people don't like being flashy, so his old vibe didn't really relate, the one that's been pushed since the days of Puff Daddy and all his flashy shit, selling the sort of "you should have ambitions to be as cool as me, you've made it when you wear the most expensive brands" tone, but the "That's Not Me" vibe resonates so much more with people, because its basically saying "that old opinion doesn't matter, you're already cool, just be you".

• Downvote 1