FA Cup R6 & Champions League R16 L2

Guest FA23

I'd give my left testical to be on that pitch right now in the famous Arsenal kit, putting in 150% for the cause...Shame these forgien bastards don't have the same work ethic, just want to make a quick buck then jet off into the sunshine.Nasri is an exclusion to that though.
Even though I aint an Arsenal fan, I agree.My boy spent £1700 going Nou Camp and OT. Just to see some abject performances from players who earn that amount in a minuteIt's sad.

12.00 AM sunday morning, Liverpool vs Manchester United, could be the highlight of the weekend in some respects.
WIll be a sick game... Should be live on LFCTV or MUTV.Win today should see the u18's move to 2nd still with 2 games in hand, scored most goals in league, conceded the least. Playing great football. http://www.premierleague.com/page/YouthCTableAlso should be a massive crowd at Anfield today, 10,000+ for a u18 game :D
Isn't it a cup game?

iverpool youngster Andre Wisdom is ready for their FA Youth Cup clash with Manchester United today at Anfield. Wisdom remains eager to secure his first piece of silverware with the Reds and is confident the U18s can be successful this season - but only if they can overcome a dangerous Manchester United side in what promises to be a mouthwatering last eight showdown on Sunday afternoon. Wisdom told Liverpoolfc.tv: "On paper the U18s have a great side anyway but hopefully the likes of myself, Suso and John Flanagan can add something extra to the team so we continue to do well in the competition. "This team certainly has enough quality to go all the way. But we know Manchester United will be a very difficult game. They have some great players and we have to make sure we are ready for the challenge. "It would be a great achievement if we can get to the final and win it. Two years ago I played in the final against Arsenal and we lost. It would be nice to win it this time around. I'd love to add it to my CV."
Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish doesn't want his academy kids to become obsessed with victory over FA Youth Cup opponents Manchester United today. He is adamant that bragging rights at this stage of their fledgling careers will mean little if they don't continue to progress towards the first-team squad. Dalglish told Liverpoolfc.tv: "It's a fantastic day for the kids to be playing at Anfield once again, particularly against Manchester United, whose youth system has been fantastically successful for them over the years. "Their principle has been the same as ours: it doesn't matter if you don't win the FA Youth Cup, it's about getting players through. "I remember years ago they lost to Leeds United in the Youth Cup final. Leeds got one player through who lasted a couple of years; United got Beckham, Giggs, the Nevilles, Scholes. We'd sacrifice the Youth Cup to get that number and quality of players. "That's not to say we want them to lose! "It's great that we're in it and it's special for the lads because it's the Cup. It's not just the first team who have competition with Manchester United - it's all levels. And they are just the same as us: they'll look forward to games against Liverpool."

ONE week on, and Manchester United are heading back to town. Following the euphoria of last Sunday’s epic win against Alex Ferguson’s Premier League leaders, Anfield is again preparing to welcome their rivals from down the M62, for a high noon showdown in the FA Youth Cup quarter-final.It is rare for a match like this to attract such attention, but with Kenny Dalglish firmly ensconced at the head of the Anfield table, and the senior side responding with an upsurge in form, the feel-good factor has returned to Liverpool in recent weeks.And, after a memorable 9-0 win over Southend United at Anfield in the last round, there is quite a buzz surrounding the latest crop of youngsters to roll off the Kirkby conveyor belt. The academy’s production line has undoubtedly stuttered over the last decade, having been spoiled by the emergence of the likes of Steve McManaman, Robbie Fowler, Michael Owen, Jamie Carragher and Steven Gerrard in the ten years which preceded it, meaning Reds supporters have been left yearning for a prodigy about whom they can get genuinely excited. So what of the current crop?Raheem Sterling scored five times in that Southend game, and the pint-sized winger is arguably the jewel in Rodolfo Borrell’s crown. Having turned 16 as recently as December, Sterling is already justifying the hype which surrounded his move to Merseyside from Queens Park Rangers last year.Quick, tricky and able to retain his balance and composure even when moving at pace, Sterling appeared pre-season for the first-team, and accompanied the senior squad to Prague recently for the Europa League clash with Sparta. His progression has been rapid, and there are hopes within the academy that the Londoner could be set for a bright first-team future – even if his coaches are keen to keep the youngster’s feet firmly on the ground.“I think we have some really exciting players coming through,” says Borrell.“And I am very proud that some of them were involved in the build up to the match against Sparta Prague.“I can understand why everyone is talking about (Sterling). I cannot hide that he is a very talented player. But we must look after him. Everyone wants to see this player being successful and to play a long time in our first-team.“If he is to achieve this then we must help him to improve so he realises his potential. He still has a way to go.”Others who should feature on Sunday include Conor Coady, the current England Under-19 captain and another who has found himself increasingly involved in first team matters of late, the supremely-talented Spanish midfielder Jesus ‘Suso’ Fernandez, tricky Portuguese winger Toni Silva, and highly-promising full-backs John Flanagan and Jack Robinson.It is a talented side, and one which has embarked upon an eye-catching run of form in recent weeks. The young Reds are unbeaten in 11 games, and have scored an incredible 38 goals in that period. It is some record.United, too, have a fair share of talent. Their recent FA Cup game with Crawley Town saw both Ryan Tunnicliffe and Paul Pogba, the likely central midfield pairing for Sunday, named among the substitutes, whilst the precocious Ravel Morrison – despite one or two off-field concerns – is very highly thought of, both Gary Neville and Wes Brown have sung his praises in recent weeks, and he made a brief first team debut in the Carling Cup win over Wolves back in November.Coach Paul McGuinness has struggled to field his best side at times, with many of his most gifted players having spent the season with the reserves, but the fact that United have scored 54 times in 23 games suggests they have plenty to worry teams, and Liverpool will be do well to be wary of their threat.The sides met back in the Final of 2007, with Liverpool triumphing on penalties, after an attritional two-legged affair had ended 2-2 on aggregate. In the Liverpool side – coached by Anfield legend Steve Heighway – were Jay Spearing and Stephen Darby, who have since gained first-team experience, while the likes of Jimmy Ryan, Charlie Barnett, Robbie Threlfall (who scored the winning goal in the second leg at Old Trafford) and Ray Putterill have found success dropping down the Football League ladder.The beaten United side contained Danny Welbeck – who has established himself in the Premier League on loan at Sunderland this season – as well as Matt James, Corry Evans, James Chester and Danny Drinkwater, all of whom have caught the eye in the Championship recently, but it is fair to say that few genuine stars have emerged from that final, a fact which shows the difficulty academies have in producing players who can step up to first team football when they reach 17 or 18.And though there are exceptions – Micah Richards and Danny Sturridge were in the Manchester City side beaten by the Reds in 2005/06, Jack Wilshere played for Arsenal, again against Liverpool, in the 2008/09 final, whilst Josh McEachran starred for Chelsea last season – the general theme, at the bigger clubs at least, has been for supremely talented young players to almost bypass youth team football, in favour of a fast track progression to the cut and thrust of the Premier League (or a loan spell at a lesser club).This would probably go some way to explaining why, in general terms, the bigger clubs have found the FA Youth Cup such a hard nut to crack. The victories of Chelsea, Arsenal Manchester City and Liverpool in the last four seasons suggests that is being remedied somewhat, as clubs, fearful of the ever-increasing ‘home-grown’ and ‘financial fair play’ rules, place increased store in developing – or indeed poaching – their own prodigies.Clubs which place more emphasis on developing players to sell on for profit – think of Ipswich Town, Middlesbrough or Southampton – have tended to enjoy productive Youth Cup runs in recent years, but the trend appears to be bucking. The winner of Sunday’s tie, for example, will face Chelsea in the semi-finals, with Aston Villa favourites to beat Sheffield United in the other last four clash.Anfield was a great place to be last Sunday, with the sun shining, the Kop in full voice and the result going Liverpool’s way.A healthy crowd is expected tomorrow, and if the youngsters can follow in the footsteps of their senior counterparts, expect the feel-good factor around the club to be cranked up a notch further.

Here, we look at six of the best talents and Kirkby and Melwood, and the six players who could be the next to make the breakthrough at Anfield. Currently working with John McMahon and Rodolfo Borrell and the rest of the youth and reserve staff, you can read below about my top 6 tips for our next first teams stars.
Jason BantonJason Banton joined Liverpool from Blackburn Rovers in January, and will be eager to impress with a deal until the end of the season. Banton, a fast and skilful winger cum striker, started his career at the Emirates Stadium, where he played in the same youth team as current England international Jack Wilshere. He left Arsenal at age 16, when he joined Blackburn, and he put in several eye-catching performances in the Ewood Park club’s run to the semi-finals of the FA Youth Cup in 2010. Currently with the U18s, and training with John McMahon’s Reserves team, he made his Liverpool debut in the rout of Southend in the Youth Cup recently. A great crosser of the ball, with excellent technique and a vast range of tricks, Jason will be looking to make great strides and to secure a contract for next season, and rumours are circulating that Paul Sturrock is also looking at the possibility of taking Jason on loan to Southend to aid his development.
Raheem Sterling16 year old schoolboy Raheem Sterling joined Liverpool from QPR in February last year, for a fee which could eventually rise to more than £5 millions. The Jamaican born winger has long been regarded as one of the hottest properties in England, and former LFC manager Rafa Benitez moved quickly to sign up the talented youngster.Sterling was thrust into the spotlight last month when scoring 5 goals against Southend in the 9-0 youth cup thrashing, displaying an eagerness to attack his opponents, great pace and dribbling skills, and some great finishing. On the back of this performance and his exploits for the Under 18’s, Sterling was selected to travel with the squad for the Europa League tie with Sparta Prague, but didn’t make the appearance the media was craving, which would have made him Liverpool’s youngest ever first team player.He made his first team debut at 15 in the pre season friendly with Borussia Monchengladbach as a substitute, and it is surely only a matter of time before he makes his full Premier League debut. Rodolfo Borrell doesn’t think it will be long before he is taking on the best of the best, and Sterling has all the talent to be one of the great Liverpool FC players. The England Youth international has also been sounded out as a future first team star by Kenny Dalglish. Watch this space.
Conor Coady

Liverpool U18 and England U17 skipper Conor is a versatile Centre Midfielder or Centre back, making great strides at Kirkby. Conor has represented England at several levels, culminating in captaining England to their first European Championship in 2010.He made his debut for the reserves in 2010, and is very reminiscent of a young Steven Gerrard. Hard in the tackle, with a great engine and a superb passer of the ball, Conor will be looking to make the breakthrough to the First Team set up over the forthcoming 12-18 months. A Natural leader, Coady has also tasted success with Liverpool, helping the reserves to a senior cup double in 2010.
Suso

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUYSn9pprRo&feature=player_embedded

Jesús Fernández Sáez, or more commonly known as Suso, arrived from Cadiz in the summer of 2010. Like Sterling he has also made his first team bow, also against Borussia Monchengladbach in 2010 pre-season. A key member of John McMahon’s reserves, Suso is making a big name for himself at Melwood, turning in constantly impressive performances, with some great goals to boot. Playing just behind the strikers, many people have made the comparisons with Jari Litmanen, as a player to unlock even the tightest back-line. A host of tricks and the ability to play that killer pass mark Suso as one of the brightest talents at Liverpool.After signing a professional contract on his 17th birthday in November 2010, he is now tied to the club until 2013. Suso himself revealed his ambition when asked about signing his first deal.“I feel very happy. I want to be here a lot of years. I want to go on and play for Liverpool’s first team, playing in every game,” he said.“But if I want to have that I have to work harder and do my very best every day, in every training session.”
Jack RobinsonAt 16 years and 250 days, Jack Robinson broke a 36 year record in 2010 by becoming Liverpool’s youngest ever player on the final day of last season against Hull City at the KC StadiumThe Warrington native, a cultured and promising left-back was rewarded by Rafa Benitez for some great performances in Rodolfo Borrell’s U18’s. Robinson is solid in defence, and loves to get forward and assist the attack. Robinson also made to trip to Prague in February 2010 with Raheem Sterling and Conor Coady, but was not selected to play. Robinson is still yet to appear for the reserves, which makes his progress even more of a success story, and a great tribute to all the coaches at the academy.An England U17 team mate of Conor Coady, Jack will be looking to cement his reserve place this season, to set himself up to challenge for the First Team Setup.
Toni SilvaToni Silva, the 17 year old Portuguese winger of Guinean descent, joined Liverpool from Benfica in 2009 for a fee of £300,000. Also courted by Chelsea and several top European Clubs, Liverpool beat off the competition to secure Silva’s services. He actually played against Liverpool’s youth team whilst on trial for Fulham in 2009. Silva was outstanding that night, and Liverpool immediately took Silva to Kirkby from the Estadio Da Luz.A winger by trade, who can play on either flank, Silva is a very skilful player who loves taking on opposition full backs and utilising his dribbling skills. He is reminiscent of his countryman Cristiano Ronaldo in the way he attacks defenders, and Liverpool fans will be hoping he can prove to be as big a talent as the Real Madrid star. Currently with the U18’s. Silva has starred in the Youth League and Cup Competitions, scoring many goals and providing assists, alongside several eye catching performances.

12.00 AM sunday morning, Liverpool vs Manchester United, could be the highlight of the weekend in some respects.
WIll be a sick game... Should be live on LFCTV or MUTV.Win today should see the u18's move to 2nd still with 2 games in hand, scored most goals in league, conceded the least. Playing great football. http://www.premierleague.com/page/YouthCTableAlso should be a massive crowd at Anfield today, 10,000+ for a u18 game :D
Isn't it a cup game?
lol u can just tell who actually knows what their own about, about their respective youth teams and who just presses copy and pastenext time check who ur copying n pasting from brah lol