Champions League Final 2011 Build up thread

anelka

Guest Portuguese

Park ahead of Nani should be about right because the way Alves owns a right hand side (I haven't seen someone own a side of a pitch since Roberto Carlos) Evra is going to need all the help he can and Evra has become very suspect.No Scholes from the start would be crazy(of course Barca are going to have much more possesion of the ball but there will be times when Manchester United to have the ball so Scholes needs to start)Like someone said these are the times when Hargreaves(injury free and World CLass one) would of been ideal because tactically he is that guy.Ferdinand/Vidic need to actually take turns when it comes to stepping into midfield then the other becomes the Libero because there is no point of any of midfielders tracking a fasle number nine because it would leave the other two against Iniesta/Xavi/Busquets(you don't want that)

Guest Portuguese

None of them can play regular passes which put the opposition on the back footAnderson needs to be a sub(getting blamed for another final isn't the one)So both set of fans to only get 25,000 tickets each(that's wrong)it means Barcelona will have more fans It's just a short plane trip from Nyon for them

An early thought for me would be to go with this formation. Hard to keep Nani out a side though.---------------------------VDS--------------------------Rafael ----- Ferdinand -- Vidic ----- Evra --------------- Fletcher ---------- Anderson ------------ Valencia -------- Rooney ----------- Fabio ---------------------- Hernandez ---------------------Subs: Kuszczak Smalling Giggs Park Scholes Nani Berbatov

• Downvote 7

The main thing is does Fergie go for it with Giggs---Carrick -----Rooney------ ----Hernandez--or Fletcher----Carrick-------Rooney----------Hernandez---Or try and contain with Fletcher---Carrick----Giggs/ Park/ Anderson -------Rooney-----then introduce Hernandez with 60-65mins gone...Tru say its a one off game, u dnt really wana be chasing the game against BarcaI think Valencia and Park will start, they are good going forward, have energy and can track, I expect Park to do a job on Alves on the left.. Alves is so key to how Barca playAlso what he does with Giggs will be interetsing does he start him or not? then if he starts him where??

i have a strong feeling it will be less to do with the exact formation we play with but more about our attitude and beliefif we go into the game seeing barca as superior and respecting them too much then we're beaten already, we have to psych ourselves and play without fear

• Upvote 1

An early thought for me would be to go with this formation. Hard to keep Nani out a side though.---------------------------VDS--------------------------Rafael ----- Ferdinand -- Vidic ----- Evra --------------- Fletcher ---------- Anderson ------------ Valencia -------- Rooney ----------- Fabio ---------------------- Hernandez ---------------------Subs: Kuszczak Smalling Giggs Park Scholes Nani Berbatov
i was thinking something similar but negd because no carrick in squadI would go GK: VDSRB: RafaelCB: FerdinandCB: VidicLB: EvraRM: ValenciaCDM: CarrickMC: AndersonMC: FletcherLM: FabioAM: NaniST: Rooney
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

---------------------------VDS--------------------------Rafael ----- Ferdinand -- Vidic ----- Evra --------------- Fletcher ---------- Carrick ------------ Valencia -------- Anderson ----------- Nani ---------------------- Rooney ---------------------has to be with chica coming off the bench if need bewe need runners but we alson need to attack there right thats why nani should start ahead of park

Guest M12 Part 2
i was thinking something similar but negd because no carrick in squadI would go GK: VDSRB: RafaelCB: FerdinandCB: VidicLB: EvraRM: ValenciaCDM: CarrickMC: AndersonMC: FletcherLM: FabioAM: NaniST: Rooney
never really thought about nani in the hole. would be interesting to see
  • Downvote 1

Guest M12 Part 2
  • Downvote 1

Guest haze-e
i have a strong feeling it will be less to do with the exact formation we play with but more about our attitude and beliefif we go into the game seeing barca as superior and respecting them too much then we're beaten already, we have to psych ourselves and play without fear
This is why i think we can win.We have a team full of believers. Rio, Vidic, Fletch, Wazza etc. It obv will be tough but it wouldnt be the upset of the century if we win.

Guest Portuguese

If you lot beat Barca it would the biggest upset since Red Star beat Marseille and also when Steaua beat Barca on penaltiesImagine if Pep's team freezes like the Dream Team did in 94 The hype/gas levels would reach a new levelBarca to win and to become the most hated team outside England and the british media to finally see Messi's dark side.

• Downvote 2

Can't stand Carrick and think he's sh*t. Think Hernandez is far too dangerous to be leaving on the bench aswell. Didn't Nani play in the centre behind a Striker sometimes for Sporting?
  • Downvote 1

Can't stand Carrick and think he's sh*t. Think Hernandez is far too dangerous to be leaving on the bench aswell. Didn't Nani play in the centre behind a Striker sometimes for Sporting?
hes done it 2 or 3 times this season after certain man have been subbed

Guest M12 Part 2
Nani is not disciplined enough to play behind a striker, he'll end up drifting all over the place
: /. The whole point of being in the hole is you have the freedom to do whatever you want mate. Youre effectively a spare man.

Guest FA23
true might be your only chance fielding 12 players.:D
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Guest M12 Part 2
true might be your only chance fielding 12 players.:D
:D didn't even clock that.

:D

Something Fundamentally wrong here.But I'd agree this team would stand a good chance of winning the game.Edit- guess I missed the boat on this one then.