Blackberry

slickesrickes

cant wait for next month when i get paid goin to get a iphone moving from the bold so thats for sale bb is good but now since the iphone got a app called whatsapp (like BBM)but the only thing im not lookin forward to is the touchscreen qwerty . . .
TBH, unless apple make a native bbm-esque app for the iPhone....apps like whatsapp are useless, because there are already developers making their own versions (look up Ping! in the app store)...which defeats the purpose, of a easy to use, always-on free instant messaging.The reason BBM works so well for Blackberry users, is because its an official RIM app that comes preloaded, so everyone who has a BB already has their unique PIN no. and to ad a contact, all you need to do is just obtain their pin.But think about it, if developers for the iPhone start making their own versions of BBM...all thats going to happen is there will be a flood of different apps out there competing, like the countless twitter apps etc. So when it comes to adding contacts, you're going to have to make sure the person is using the same app you're using, as im sure these apps wont share a unified way of adding contacts.

Right let's see who knows what is my problem.Phone: 8900Was on the phone last night to the misses, and every 7 minutes our phones cut off. I had a full bar of reception then when it cuts off it shoots down to 1-3 bars. Strange that it would cut off 3 times each on 7 minutes then a 4th time on 2 minutes.Been trying to Google and search for anyone who has this problem and come to no avail, similar incidents have happened and they claim it could be a piece of application that might have a virus :S Well I deleted the last one I downloaded and will see what happens but this is quite strange, looks like I might have to call up and see.

sounds like youve been tappedtry your sim in a next phone and see if it happens

Right let's see who knows what is my problem.Phone: 8900Was on the phone last night to the misses, and every 7 minutes our phones cut off. I had a full bar of reception then when it cuts off it shoots down to 1-3 bars. Strange that it would cut off 3 times each on 7 minutes then a 4th time on 2 minutes.Been trying to Google and search for anyone who has this problem and come to no avail, similar incidents have happened and they claim it could be a piece of application that might have a virus :S Well I deleted the last one I downloaded and will see what happens but this is quite strange, looks like I might have to call up and see.
strange :confused: Have you tried a hard reset (battery pull) ? thats normally a quick fix to most abnormalities... if you havent already its a good idea to download Quick Pull.

whats the must have apps ??
I have...iPrecision Today ThemeEd Hardy - Love Kills ThemeMini-operaBBM5Google Maps AppWindows live messengerTweetcasterSnap2TwitterFacebook AppVlingo (this doesn't work)Quicksearch with googleXenozuPoyntShazamMake sure you sync your BBM, Facebook & Msn contacts back to your bb contacts. Makes life much easier.
Hook up some links if possible bruv..

strange :confused: Have you tried a hard reset (battery pull) ? thats normally a quick fix to most abnormalities... if you havent already its a good idea to download Quick Pull.
Cheers, I'll look into that later on.Did pull out the battery last night and same thing happened.Phoned Carphone Warehouse where I got my phone from, and they said to me I will have to go to the shop and they will send it off for a repair which could take up to 28 days! Looks like I will have to go back to my 8310.

cant wait for next month when i get paid goin to get a iphone moving from the bold so thats for sale bb is good but now since the iphone got a app called whatsapp (like BBM)but the only thing im not lookin forward to is the touchscreen qwerty . . .
TBH, unless apple make a native bbm-esque app for the iPhone....apps like whatsapp are useless, because there are already developers making their own versions (look up Ping! in the app store)...which defeats the purpose, of a easy to use, always-on free instant messaging.The reason BBM works so well for Blackberry users, is because its an official RIM app that comes preloaded, so everyone who has a BB already has their unique PIN no. and to ad a contact, all you need to do is just obtain their pin.But think about it, if developers for the iPhone start making their own versions of BBM...all thats going to happen is there will be a flood of different apps out there competing, like the countless twitter apps etc. So when it comes to adding contacts, you're going to have to make sure the person is using the same app you're using, as im sure these apps wont share a unified way of adding contacts.
well right now its whatsapp and now ping jus came out of nowhere jus sick of the bold some times but love the qwerty sooo much on it . . .only time can tell once i convert

• 2 weeks later...
whats the must have apps ??
I have...iPrecision Today ThemeEd Hardy - Love Kills ThemeMini-operaBBM5Google Maps AppWindows live messengerTweetcasterSnap2TwitterFacebook AppVlingo (this doesn't work)Quicksearch with googleXenozuPoyntShazamMake sure you sync your BBM, Facebook & Msn contacts back to your bb contacts. Makes life much easier.
Hook up some links if possible bruv..

I wanna see what the Storm 2 is saying.My mate who has the original storm is saying that the new one is amazing. (Even going to apparently buy out the remainder of his contract to get it).From my rather limited research I see that the phone is thinner and better looking, also the screen is far more responsive especially for typing and stuff like that.But dunno what else it really brings to the table bar that.