VIP2 MOVIE CLUB pt.2

Admin.

Went to the Sundance film festival real quick yesterday..didn't get to see a film,the only one I wanted to watch 'LUV' was sold out so I attended the panel discussion about independent films,UK vs Us..very insightful stuff. Josh Radnor(had no clue he was a filmmaker) and Gurinder Chadha were amongst the panel.

Avengers tonight!!

Leo turning into 1 of the greats, never liked him in Titanic days. But since Catch me if you Can man is serious actor

YES! I really didn't like Titanic and I've made that clear in this thread, fully agree he has come a long way since them days, Catch Me If You Can which was a great film, really well made, creative and that title sequence is awesome! Around that time and with Gangs Of New York were them big roles for him, then straight after was The Aviator and The Departed. Even after that its a big catalogue of films Blood Diamond, Revolutionary Road, Shutter Island, Inception, J. Edgar, throw in two upcoming films The Great Gatsby, Django Unchained, you can let slide Body Of Lies sandwiched in-between a few of them. He has become a real diverse, interesting actor being given some really big roles and making great movies.

One of his earlier ones Romeo + Juliet

Just got back from a screening of Safety Not Guaranteed at Sundance Film Festival, and I must say I loved it. I found it utterly charming, funny and really well wrote. All the characters developed throughout the film and continuously grew with what is happening, the plot does what it says on the tin, it's not complex or throwing you off in some unsuspecting way, its just a fun indie film.

Three magazine employees head out on an assignment to interview a guy who placed a classified ad seeking a companion for time travel.

Won't spoil it anymore but Aubrey Plaza :wub: my god she is excellent and took the bull by its horns and run with this lead role.

I got to speak with the writer outside the screening for around 5 minutes, asking him about the business, how to get into it and the film itself, it got rejected plenty of times and luckily someone decided to pick it up and run with it. Was shot within 24 days, 32 locations and the budget was under a million dollars, also the ending they used here was a different one to what was originally thought of, he explained the other and I'll leave it there. This will sit in my top 5 this year for quite a while.

Kind of wish I checked out more now.

Found a couple reviews if anyone wants to know more

http://www.heyuguys....ranteed-review/

http://www.cine-vue....safety-not.html

Seriously when this does get a UK release this year go and watch it. If you don't enjoy this I will guarantee you a drink.

Only went for 1 screening kind of wish I saw 2 Days In New York but thats got a release date set for mid May.

They selected 14 of the best 100+ entries screened at Sundance back in January and showcase them here, the price is around £11.50 but then they add in the booking charge. Started on Friday and finished tonight little bit short. I've listened to a few interviews from people involved saying they want to come back next year, it just depends on how well it does. They used Cineworld at the o2 good venue just a pain to get to. If they do get the good ahead from AEG and themselves then I'll be going again, loads of festivals going on all year round, wondering what the London Film Festival will bring later this year.

Take Shelter,

Terrific and Gripping film!

Michael Shannon's performance is excellent,this guy should be in more films. I admire his work in Boardwalk Empire and his two scenes(lol) in Revolutionary Road,in which he managed to steal the show from Leo,Winslet and Kathy Bates. He's going to kick ass in Man of Steel.

Next on my list to watch: Tyrannosaur.

I refuse to watch any more trailers regarding Prometheus, that includes the latest. Having read a huge piece in Empire and seeing images I feel its time to stop, I can't allow another trailer to spoil it and show off too much than they should.

Also Universal is 100 years old, some truly great films where do we start with them....