Week 4 - Prem 11/12 / Champions League Week 1

User

City havnt sold out their very first champions league game? SMH

Got a link?

blue moon, they seem to be arguing that it doesn't matter because man united only had an attendance of 35k in 1993 :rofl:

city fans <<<<<<<<

• Upvote 3

Only reason Man Utd and Arsenal sell out every Champions League game is because of the legions of 1 game a seasoners who can afford to take a Wednesday afternoon off work once a year to fill the seats of the regular non-attenders.

Only Newcastle outside of the big 3 clubs (Man Utd, Arse and Liverpool) would sell 47k with relative ease in Citeh's position, IMO. And that's only 'cos they're a one club city.

Chelsea had 9 thousand empty seats yesterday.

• Upvote 1

Only reason Man Utd and Arsenal sell out every Champions League game is because of the legions of 1 game a seasoners who can afford to take a Wednesday afternoon off work once a year to fill the seats of the regular non-attenders.

Ive never known Arsenal in my lifetime of going games to struggle to sell out the majority of their stadium.

Your theory might work in your mind, but next week's game against Shrewsbury in the Carling Cup might make it look very stupid in pratice.

Only Newcastle outside of the big 3 clubs (Man Utd, Arse and Liverpool) would sell 47k with relative ease in Citeh's position, IMO. And that's only 'cos they're a one club city.

Chelsea had 9 thousand empty seats yesterday.

To get your hands on a season ticket this year at Stamford Bridge you needed to have racked up ZERO loyalty points.

Pathetic club.

Ive never known Arsenal in my lifetime of going games to struggle to sell out the majority of their stadium.

Your theory might work in your mind, but next week's game against Shrewsbury in the Carling Cup might make it look very stupid in pratice.

I wanna go Shrewsbury and check out our new amazing b-team

fab

jenkinson---santos---johan/miguel---gibbs

benny---frimpong---arshavin (we have no midfielders left)

aoc---park---ryo

What on earth are you talking about? How will an almost full Carling Cup game at a fifth of a normal price game affect what I've just said?

I'm talking about your average season ticket holder or regular match-day goer. Someone who's just forked out hundreds (thousands in Arsenal's case) of pounds for a season ticket is going to find it difficult to justify laying out another load of money for a midweek Champions League game. So something gives.

£120 to watch 3 group games. Ontop of a £600+ season ticket, with trips to Naples, Munich and Southern Spain coming up. 3 trips to Wembley in the last 5 months+.

Very few can afford to do that.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

do you work for talksport ?

why would anyone wanna get involved or even listen to a debate as absurd as that

• Upvote 17

I wanna go Shrewsbury and check out our new amazing b-team

fab

jenkinson---santos---johan/miguel---gibbs

benny---frimpong---arshavin (we have no midfielders left)

aoc---park---ryo

Maybe I'm being slow today but who is Benny?

• Downvote 1

What on earth are you talking about? How will an almost full Carling Cup game at a fifth of a normal price game affect what I've just said?

I'm talking about your average season ticket holder or regular match-day goer. Someone who's just forked out hundreds (thousands in Arsenal's case) of pounds for a season ticket is going to find it difficult to justify laying out another load of money for a midweek Champions League game. So something gives.

£120 to watch 3 group games. Ontop of a £600+ season ticket, with trips to Naples, Munich and Southern Spain coming up. 3 trips to Wembley in the last 5 months+.

Very few can afford to do that.

The argument is filling out a stadium...

Man City fans have been offered a reduced rate for a CHAMPIONS LEAGUE game and are struggling to fill their stadium which is smaller than ours, meanwhile Arsenal will for a CARLING CUP game against Shrewsbury...

Your argument was that one game a seasoners fill out the stadium, so you telling me those one game a seasoners are picking Shrewsbury...