When Opportunity Knocks

Lens

football agent Barry Silkman will presumably fight broken sleeps for the rest of his life. As reported by great friends of the site, Dirty Tackle, he once failed to convince Newcastle to buy Zinedine Zidane.

Talking to sport.co.uk, Silkman said this:

“I have missed out on players. I suppose the biggest player I missed out on was Zinedine Zidane.”

“I offered him to Newcastle at the beginning of the 1996 season for £1.2million. And they watched him and said that he wasn’t good enough to play in the First Division which is the Championship now.”

“Three months later he went to Juventus for £1.2million and two years later he went for £48million. So I think the people at Newcastle got it slightly wrong.”

Slightly wrong indeed. Still, on the plus side, Newcastle weren’t the only ones. Back in 1995, Blackburn Rovers owner, Jack Walker, apparently said this:

“Why do you want to sign Zidane when we have Tim Sherwood?”

Also the algeria national team passed on zidane, apparently the coach at the time said his feet were too big and he would never become a good baller.

I walked out my friends house to find a car sitting there with the key hanging out of the door.

Instinctively went to unlock the car then saw it was full of baby stuff and had a change of heart, locked it, took a note of the reg, then walked to the police station which was only a couple blocks away and handed it in.

I swear I left a contact number and no one got in touch smh

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Iniesta

Madrid never cared about him and housed man in a flat on a red light district aged 12

So instead he joined Barca

Same way they treated Etoo apprentley

fresh yute never been abroad off the plane from cameroon with not one representative to great him at the airport when he landed

d*ckhead antics from madrid

Iniesta

Madrid never cared about him and housed man in a flat on a red light district aged 12

So instead he joined Barca

Same way they treated Etoo apprentley

fresh yute never been abroad off the plane from cameroon with not one representative to great him at the airport when he landed

d*ckhead antics from madrid

True True