Arsenal Jan Transfer Window

gemma

Arsène Wenger says Arsenal's financial situation puts them in a strong position to buy should he wish to add to his squad in January.

The transfer window opens at the end of this month, shortly before Gervinho and Marouane Chamakh head off on international duty at the Africa Cup of Nations.

Speaking at a supporters Q&A at Emirates Stadium last week, Wenger admitted that the fitness levels of his squad would influence his movements in the transfer market. But if he does decide to recruit, he has the funds to do so.

"We lose players like Chamakh and Gervinho to the Africa Cup of Nations, so hopefully touch wood we do not get any injuries to our strikers," he said. "But if an opportunity turns up in that department then we will buy.

"The situation, I must say, is a bit special. Economically the whole environment has changed and people suffer more. The clubs will suffer more financially and it's much more difficult.

"Maybe we will have some opportunities because we are in a good financial situation."

• Downvote 1

Make it happen then.. no if X gets injured Y can play there because X will get injured. Guys been burnt by this so many times..

Yeah but that gives us a chance to play the likes of Afobe

Always an upsides to injuries which is what Wenger likes

He's too clever to not attend to issues like injuries, he's ignored the problem for years for a reason, that reason is to give him an allaby to promote youth

Park must be shit in training. As we all know about Chamakh and Arshavin.

Thing with Thierry coming back it kinda hinders Oxlade, Yossi, and Ryo.

Doubt it would hinder them at all. Ox and Ryo are arguably not ready for premiership footy (Oxo got a stronger case then Ryo at the moment).

Them man are still young, got plenty of time to grow and develop, and could learn a thing or two from Thierry.

Don't think it will hinder Yossi either.

Sign him up.

RVP >>>>>>>>>>HENRY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PARK>>>>CHAMAKH.

Let's not kid ourselves, how would his performances be any more tarnishing then some of Chamakhs recent performances... and remember it will only be until March.

Sol Campbell and Lehmann were both re-signed in Jan by Wenger.

We need some depth upfront, I can see it now... 1-0 down, 70mins gone at the San Siro...who do you bring on...

Chamakh...pass

Park...pass

SNM

• Upvote 1

TBH 8m was a good deal.

However 7m, 6 months later in a month when he's free to talk to other clubs, is still a very good deal for Bolton.

The par is jus that in the months that have passsed since the 8m bid, Bolton and him have been shit.

Personally I think Chelsea paying too much, but obviously they dont want Tottenham to get the player that much.

RVP >>>>>>>>>>HENRY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PARK>>>>CHAMAKH.

Let's not kid ourselves, how would his performances be any more tarnishing then some of Chamakhs recent performances... and remember it will only be until March.

Sol Campbell and Lehmann were both re-signed in Jan by Wenger.

We need some depth upfront, I can see it now... 1-0 down, 70mins gone at the San Siro...who do you bring on...

Chamakh...pass

Park...pass

SNM

I didn't say Henry isn't a better option, Henry would be tarnishing his legacy at Arsenal. I mean look at Schmeichel when he came back to the prem, THAT WAS NOT THE SAME GUY WHO PLAYED FOR UNITED.

Henry would be better than Cham and Park obviously, but I don't wanna see some bit part guy, who's half a yard off the pace of the league and isn't capable of producing the magic he was once a master of.

Would rather my memories of Henry stay like this

henryspurs.JPG

• Upvote 2