Caribbean restaraunts shooting themsleves in the foot ?

Guest petercrotch

Guest petercrotch

Personally i very rarely eat fast food but when i do i make sure i buy from either a caribbean takeaway or an african takeaway just to do my bit to help out and although i love helping my people i have no problem with giving some harsh but fair criticism .

Why are caribbean takeaways so unprofesional ?

If the staff are not being rude to the customers , they have ran out of food within like a couple of hours of opening . If that's not the case they don't have a driver for deliveries even though it clearly states that they deliver

I can't be the only one who has noticed this ?

Not only do i see this as a shame but i also see it as loss of money because i have spoken to many people who say they love our food but they don't like the customer service skills staff display so they prefer not too give them money

Here are a few reviews i have found for a number of takeaways

"The food was good but the delivery was over 2 hours, if you don't mind waiting then order otherwise your better off with pot noodle, once i waited almost 4 hours and the staff kept telling me the driver was on his way, over 4 hours and the takeaway is only 15 minutes walk from my house".

"Took forever to come and they had run out of my main order item Jerk Chicken which they only informed me of after >30 mins rather than as soon as they'd accepted the order.

Bit of a disaster really "

"Customer service is lacking. This is my second order with them and the second bad experience. I placed my order nearly 2 hours ago (to be fair a 1 hour waiting time was indicated) and was called 30 minutes ago to be informed that 2 of my items were missing. I called again to be told the driver was only just leaving. No apology. Nothing. I am in shock at the lack of care and overall customer service. Never again"

"We received our food 2 hours after ordering. The food was room temperature. The jerk chicken and the curry chicken came with three chunks of chicken and bone, and a bucket of rice. When I called (after an hour) I was told I would have my food in ten minutes. I called 30 minutes later and was assured it would arrive in a minute or two. Thirty minutes later it arrived - cold, misproportioned, spilled, with bone fragments and this awful drink called Guinness Punch (seriously, don't bother).

Please, don't order from here. Don't ruin Caribbean food for yourself"

"I placed my order this evening at 21:55 and received a call quickly after placing the order to be told that there was no Jerk Chicken so I agreed to substitute it with Fried Chicken and then waited. At 23:05, I phoned the restaurant and they advised that the delivery driver had left and it should be with me in the next 10-15 minutes but it finally arrived at approx 12:10 in the morning. This was clearly a lie! "

"Unfortunately my experience with this restaurant was very poor. They did not have the required items and rang me to let me know, unfortunately the staff seemed to have very little grasp of what they actually had available and talked to me in 'street' language 'Fanks Brotha'."

"This place is a joke I went in once but didn't bring myself around to order anything looks too dirty and ghetto great name tho"

"This is basically a pretty filthy Caribbean take out (you can sit in on one of the three manky tables if you so wish), serving all the usual suspects - Jerk chicken, plantains, corn, coleslaw, beans. It's seriously cheap, but not all that great"

• Upvote 5

YES most of them.

Years ago at one of my locals in Totty (Peppers & Spice), this fresh from yard ting was so rude to me so I made a big order, let her serve it up, put it in the bag then when it was time to pay I told her I didn't want it anymore.

Mr Jerk in West End & Brown Eagles on White Hart Lane have always given me good services & food though.

I Was going to make a topic about this a few days back.

This is soo true. The customer service in carrbean restaurants, takaways are disgusting.

They act like

dragging feet.

kiss teeth when you opt for something else.

A Thank you? '... dont make me laugh...

The Rolling eyes

Usual stuff.

The one in the new westfield shopping centre. I dont think its black owned but the service have got from the blacks that serve there is the same old story.

Then again the majority of the people that usually patronize these restaurants have this similar rude attitude and lack manners or courtesy. So at times I just feel like these guys just mirror the bullshit they get every other day.

• Upvote 3

Going into most just makes you feel uncomfortable as the staff are usually so stand offish. I've gone in their to support their business and the front of house staff can't be bothered to even try and greet you properly.

I can see the point that it's the staff having to deal with rude people everyday. Some Caribbean people have no manners when talking to food staff, i can see why an attitude would develop.

• Upvote 1

LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING, AND THIS NEEDS TO BE IN FUCKING CAPS...

THIS STUPID CARIBBEAN/AFRICAN SHOPS IVE BEEN TO ARE ALWAYS (MAYBE GENERALLY) RUDE

ESPECIALLY LAGOS ISLAND ON LEA BRIDGE ROAD. RECENTLY I BOUGHT JLLOF RICE WITH BEEF STEW EGUSI , STUPID BITCH ON THE FONE CAN NEVER TAKE ORDERS CORRECTLY, YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO SAY YOUR NUMBER TO HER AT LEAST 4 TIMES ... SAME WITH YOUR ROAD ADDRESS..

THEN ONTOP OF A £10+ ORDER, YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR THE DELIVERY????? (BUT WHY IS THE DELIVERY NOT INCLUDED IN SUCH A LARGE ORDER) ??

SO IN TOTAL IM PAYING ABOUT £17 JUST FOR 2 TUBS OF FOOD...

HE COMES AND HE SAYS THAT WILL BE £32 PLEASE, I WAS LIKE WTFFFF!?!?!??

HAD AN ARGUMENT THERE AND THEN WID THE STUPID WITCHCRAFT WOMAN.. THEN SHE TELLS ME JUST PAY FOR WOT I ORDERED AND HE TOOK THE REMAINDER BACK...

CARIBBEANS SHOPS ALSO ARE SOMETIMES RUDE, AND IVE DONE AN ONLINE ORDER WHERE THEY CALLED ME AND SAID WE DO NOT HAVE ANY MACARONI CHEESE LEFT... I WAS SO FUCKING ANGRY

CARIBBEAN SHOPS ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO ARE LACKING MONOPOLY IN THIS FUCKING COUNTRY... CANT THEY NOT SEE THIS... ITS LIKE 1 CARIBBEAN SHOP EVERY FUCKING 3-6 MILES AWAY...

INDIANS ARE ALL OVER THE FUCKING PLACE LIKE PESTS...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Yes it really really pisses me off. That why i'm not suprised now in places like carribean scene you see polaks dishing out the curry goat and in the restaurants like cottons and that one in crouch end (cant remember the name). WTF is wrong with them, 8 out 10 times when i walk in a carribean take away place, i say do you have this.....arrrrh no, ok do you have this.. lemme check.........arrrrrr no, so what do you have. :/ "see it der" .. Some dry stale of fried chicken thats been sittin all day. I just walk out :mad:

• Upvote 6

only 1 experience having carribean takeaway

food came bare late and like above they kept lying to us saying its nearly there... and it was like 5 mins down the road, meat had too much bone and i hate that so i'd rather eat my mums/nannas cooking, never again

went to one in miami now... boy the food was peng the patties were peng, food was done in no time (went in the shop) and the lady was nice and friendly shocked to see brits in her shop

• Upvote 1

CARIBBEAN SHOPS ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO ARE LACKING MONOPOLY IN THIS FUCKING COUNTRY... CANT THEY NOT SEE THIS... ITS LIKE 1 CARIBBEAN SHOP EVERY FUCKING 3-6 MILES AWAY...

INDIANS ARE ALL OVER THE FUCKING PLACE LIKE PESTS...

Rather be the consumers (money spenders) rather than service providers. (bad mentality) so some of them serving you in order to make themselves feel better attitude usually develops over the counter like you the customer are hassling them.

Vicious cycle develops.

And the takeaways that do come up, seem to only ever lean towards catering to a small minority target group of customers where an area has more black folk etc.

Asians target everyone and everthing! you could go into the whitest of suburbs and find a juboraj restaurant, smartly dressed waiters and just reaping in the funds. Or even the most heavily populated asian area and still have a good service and food available.

It's like carribean resaturants are afraid to targets such areas. (like they are in fear of selling out).

Guest PROFIT MARGINS

Granny's in stroud green is the shittest I've ever been too hands down...don't like how pepper and spice have such big quantities in their pots makes it look like it hasn't been made with and love there's one in totty that's nice can't remember what its called but it's on a corner

My local cees on horsey road is the best over all imo...guy always shakes my hand when I walk in and runs through everything on the menu and the fried chicken is the best I've ever had, the woman who works there can come across a bit rude ot like she dont give a fuck but I think it's just her manner cos she's always polite too me

• Upvote 1

Aff shops/food is only for aff pl. The dishes are not for other cultures tbh. I haven't been to a carib restuarant in years. Not way I'm I eating an angry persons food that thinks there doing ME a favour. U c*nt, stay broke or get humble.

its debatable, i think it is all about how you convey the food to the westerners tastes

its never an aff ting... butchering carribean cuisine

stick to soups and doughs lad

lol small minded halfbreed

Is it me of do affs food shop stink? Maybe because i'm not familiar with the dishes so don't know what i'm smelling.

also trying too hard

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

last time I went in one , nobody was at the counter , after standing there for about 20 secs I said hello n this woman pretty much just drags herself out to the till n just stares at me in the face ,

at this point I was already vex ordered my shit , paid. she gave me my change , then went to sit down again , no thank you nothing

my uncle owns a shop n tbh I've seen him nearly fire somebody for not.being polite enough to people

I don't understand at all