Week 21 - Premier League 11/12

User

its funny scholes will pull off a potentially season ending tackle and the commentators will chuckle about how scholesy the adorable little scamp "never did learn how to tackle did he?" despite 2 decades in the game. ref will walk over, ruffle his hair and tell him not to do it again.

• Upvote 1

Arsenal need to go

Theo Arshavin Song Oxlade

Henry RVP

kill yourself please. Arshavin box to box?!!

I worry about this guy every time he talks football now. More and more fraff. Don't even think your tr0lling as well

I think Oxlade and theo on the pitch at the same time can help theo raise his game, he can look at Ox and think sh*t this youth is doing this in the match I need to step up. Arshavin are you being serious a guy who loses the ball then just walks does not attempt to get it back? Piss off he needs to go on the transfer list along with

Squillaci

Djourou

Chamack

Rosicky

I hope we do a Liverpool and dont qualify for nothing so it forces the boards hand because we are just covering up the cracks

Bring back David Dean Stan can f*ck off and let Usmanov come in who has promised money for time. Who got Arsenal all them great signing Mr Dean did he needs to come back. Hill Wood thinks this is the 70's needs to f*ck off

Did man really say arshavin in a 2 man central midfield

Ffs

Scholes started off as a No. 10, I remember when Cantona was injured for 2 months at the start of the season Scholes partnered Andy Cole during that period and scored a sh*t load, Fergie always used to compare him to Kenny Dalglish when he first buss.

Scholes got moved back into a 2 man midfield as a deeper lying playmaker, couldn't tackle for sh*t but that's why he was stuck alongside Roy Keane who could do his dirty work.

You man are taking Arshavin for any Reo-Coker, the boy has vision and with his confidence up and playing through the middle can pass the life out of a ball, just think about him pre-Arsenal.

gerrard is the perfect example of a player who in theory should be great in CM but in reality leaves your team exposed through the middle

/

Argentina were horribly exposed by Germany in the world cup by buying into your school of thought as well

also Scholes has positional sense

gerrard is the perfect example of a player who in theory should be great in CM but in reality leaves your team exposed through the middle

/

Argentina were horribly exposed by Germany in the world cup by buying into your school of thought as well

Gerrard is the reverse, he was originally viewed as a CM, I'm talking about more intelligent/creative players who are pushed back.

Argentina had a horrible defence tbf, it never got exposed before because they had such great attackers but when a horrible defence comes up against organisation it's a wrap.

Centre Midfield ain't saving that battle.

/

Gerrard is the reverse, he was originally viewed as a CM, I'm talking about more intelligent/creative players who are pushed back.

Argentina had a horrible defence tbf, it never got exposed before because they had such great attackers but when a horrible defence comes up against organisation it's a wrap.

Centre Midfield ain't saving that battle.

doesn't matter how good or bad a defence is from time there is no protection infront the game's already over

/

pushing back a player with no knowledge of the CM position would have commical consequences

but Argentina had Masch, with poor defence there is nothing he could do alone anyway.

1 defensive mid is enough if the tactics and personnel are right.

/

I think there are more comical performances from supposed natural CM's every week.

Also putting natural central players wide has given us a lot of wtf moments.

Guy's like Schweinstieger can play all the way down the middle, from DM to AM, Riquelme can play deeper playmaker with a DM aswell.

but Argentina had Masch, with poor defence there is nothing he could do alone anyway.

1 defensive mid is enough if the tactics and personnel are right.

/

I think there are more comical performances from supposed natural CM's every week.

Also putting natural central players wide has given us a lot of wtf moments.

Guy's like Schweinstieger can play all the way down the middle, from DM to AM, Riquelme can play deeper playmaker with a DM aswell.

hmm seems like you just confirmed what I was saying. One DMC can be enough with the right personel, but the point I'm trying to make is that someone like arshavin for example in a CM partnership is not the right personel. Unless the opposition manager is inept there is no way he'd let you get away with such a thing. There are just too many ways to exploit this way of thnking.

/

There are commical performances from many players every week but taht proves nothing, what we are talking about here is comical performances from players due to being out of position and not understanding what they are meant to be doing both in and out of possesion. I don't want to go off on a tangent here.