Why is there not any Asian, Somalian, Middle Eastern Footballers

CrillzCity

Islam Feruz - Celtic

he's at Chelsea now

& Benayon is from Israel isn't he?? saw somoene mention Jews

Benayoun is an israeli jew of moroccan origin, Ben Haim of west ham is an israeli jew of algerian origin.

/

Personally i think asians (and i include middle eastern people in that but not north african or oriental) are not built for sport, they havent really excelled in any sport apart from cricket which to be honest doesnt require the most athleticism.

Can u name a sport or discipline in the world which an asian has been champion of?

I can think of just a few exceptions, nasseem hamed who is yemeni origin and amir khan of pakistani origin, both in boxing.

I cant think of any other asians in top tier sports/leagues.

The Japanese are very good at sports though, and they have a lot of promising football players at the moment.

Islam Feruz - Celtic

he's at Chelsea now

& Benayon is from Israel isn't he?? saw somoene mention Jews

Benayoun is an israeli jew of moroccan origin, Ben Haim of west ham is an israeli jew of algerian origin.

/

Personally i think asians (and i include middle eastern people in that but not north african or oriental) are not built for sport, they havent really excelled in any sport apart from cricket which to be honest doesnt require the most athleticism.

Can u name a sport or discipline in the world which an asian has been champion of?

I can think of just a few exceptions, nasseem hamed who is yemeni origin and amir khan of pakistani origin, both in boxing.

I cant think of any other asians in top tier sports/leagues.

The Japanese are very good at sports though, and they have a lot of promising football players at the moment.

I did say in brackets, asians including middle eastern people, but not oriental or north african, who have produced some pretty good athletes.

And Somalians are the most skinny race and Asians aren't as skinny as some of you make out there is Asians of all builds but with Somalians you do notice how skinny they are. But that isn't a factor most Footballers on average are slim and those who aren't over 6ft to be a centre back or have amazing technique you can still get by on pace. Look at Hernandez technically below average not the biggest but he gets by on speed and movement.

Like i said Paul Scholes, Theo Walcott, Micheal Owen etc all built very small your average top player isn't built like a boxer most are slim with the exception of Centre backs look at SCott Parker too players in an aggressive role defensive role but skinny and small. look at Roy Keane noyt his biggest fan but was built slim as sh*t.

Things like passing, ball control,, shooting are all talents you gain through practice they take years to perfect speed is something you obviously born with but even if lets say there aren't exceptionally talented Asian, Middle Eastern players with the best of technique you can't tell me that teams can't use an Asian or Middle Eastern that is just pure pace basically like a Theo Walcott not great technique but raw pace.

its true, asians play football and ther always speaking about football and the leagues etc

but u never see them in professional teams

its a piss

It's really nuffin to do with parents not wanting Asians to be Ballers the fact is naturally Asian parents are money hungry and would love the chance for their Son to make at the very least 20K a week playing Ball. The parents are not anti Foorball at all that is wrong.

But i do think Asians need to take the game more serious.

You man chat the most sh*t

Paul Scholes 1 of the best Midfielders in the world in his prime is built like Hulk Hogan?

Micheal Owen is built like Hulk Hogan?

Jermaine Defoe is built like Hulk Hogan?

Gary Nevile is built like Hulk Hogan?

Stupid prick @ Time Bomb

when i said not built for sport i didnt literally mean the amount of muscle they have, i meant theyre generally not athletically gifted and thats not just about physique but also mentality.

You man chat the most sh*t

Paul Scholes 1 of the best Midfielders in the world in his prime is built like Hulk Hogan?

Micheal Owen is built like Hulk Hogan?

Jermaine Defoe is built like Hulk Hogan?

Gary Nevile is built like Hulk Hogan?

Stupid prick @ Time Bomb

when i said not built for sport i didnt literally mean the amount of muscle they have, i meant theyre generally not athletically gifted and thats not just about physique but also mentality.

fc

hdf

h

f

h

fsd

hg

df

g

df

ghf

dh

fd

• 2 years later...

Sky news reporting about this all day today

http://news.sky.com/story/1318974/secret-footballer-asians-sacrifice-dreams

this comment did make me laugh though.....

I know many asians including me, who mixed with white people, went out, drank but also studied hard. And yes, there was racism in football then, I was training in a local team when I was 18 in 1998 and my brother was training there too, he was a bit slow so the coach said to him to stop eating so many chappatis. Yes we eat chappatis, but a comment like that is designed to be racist. Why couldn't he say pies and treat everyone equal? There were other occasions too at other places, but I'd be here all day if was to tell the stories.

• Upvote 2

• 1 year later...

Liverpool youngster Yan Dhanda has become the first player of Indian heritage to sign a professional contract with the Anfield club.

Birmingham-born playmaker Dhanda, 17, joined the Reds' academy in July 2013 from West Brom and has signed a two-and-a-half-year deal.

He is the second British Asian with a professional deal in the top-flight, with Swansea's Neil Taylor the other.

Dhanda has also played for England at under-16 and under-17 level.

The attacking midfielder won the up-and-coming player category at the Asian Football Awards in 2013.

"We don't take a player because he is Asian and we don't not take a player because he is Asian," Liverpool managing director Ian Ayre told BBC Sport at the awards ceremony at Wembley in 2013.

"It's about finding the best talent regardless of where they come from. You are only going to choose someone and put them in your squad if they can genuinely compete for a place in your first team.

"Yan has a fantastic opportunity at Liverpool. He is a very talented young man and we hope he will achieve the best he can do."