CAPELLO RESIGNS

User

Goalkeepers: Scott Carson (Bursaspor), Joe Hart (Manchester City), Robert Green (West Ham United).

Defenders: Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Leighton Baines (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Micah Richards (Manchester City), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur).

Midfielders: Gareth Barry (Manchester City), Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Stewart Downing (Liverpool), Adam Johnson (Manchester City), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), James Milner (Manchester City), Scott Parker (Tottenham Hotspur), Ashley Young (Manchester United), Theo Walcott (Arsenal).

Forwards: Darren Bent (Aston Villa), Fraizer Campbell (Sunderland), Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Danny Welbeck (Manchester United).

U21

Goalkeepers

Ben Amos (Manchester United), Jack Butland (Cheltenham Town - loan from Birmingham City), Jason Steele (Middlesbrough)

Defenders

Joe Bennett (Middlesbrough), Ryan Bennett (Peterborough United - loan from Norwich City), Steven Caulker (Swansea City - loan from Tottenham), Craig Dawson (West Bromwich Albion), Martin Kelly (Liverpool), Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), Adam Smith (Leeds United - loan from Tottenham Hotspur)

Midfielders

Gary Gardner (Aston Villa), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Henri Lansbury (West Ham United - loan from Arsenal), Jason Lowe (Blackburn Rovers), Josh McEachran (Swansea City - loan from Chelsea), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Jonjo Shelvey (Liverpool), Cameron Stewart (Hull City), Wilfried Zaha (Crystal Palace)

Forwards

Nathan Delfouneso (Leicester City - loan from Aston Villa), Will Keane (Manchester United), Marvin Sordell (Bolton Wanderers), Connor Wickham (Sunderland)

/

Ox on one wing and Zaha on the other

JIZZ IN MY PANTS

11.56am: Pearce says "it was sad to rehash a story from 17 years ago" in relation to the story of the comment he made to Paul Ince while playing for Nottingham Forest in 1994. "It was reported at the time and apologised at the time

11.50am: Pearce says the door is certainly not closed for the likes of Frank Lampard. "My mentality going into this is what do I need to learn [about players] going into a tournament this summer and what will the incoming manager need to learn," he says. "I know Frank, John Terry, Rio Ferdinand but there are others who we will need to look at. I don't think I would learn anything watching them play next Wednesday. It would be too easy and too foolish to put a totally inexperienced side out. You need some experience to guide the youngsters."

11.48am: Pearce is stressing how his time with the Under-21's has allowed ghim to get to know players like Tom Cleverley and he has faith in their ability. Of Micah Richards, he says: "I gave him his debut as a club player. He's done extremely well this season. To hold your place in the Manchester City team is no mean feat."

11.47am: "On Fraizer Campbell: "I think he's an exciting young talent and I think he'll thrive."

The omissions from the last squad are: Stockdale, Terry (injured), Jagielka, Lescott

Lampard, Rodwell and Zamora; and from more recent squads the likes of Ferdinand, Carrick, Lennon, Carroll, Defoe, Crouch and Agbonlahor are all missing. There are 11 from Manchester United and City in total.

weird squad that

how many games has Fraizer Campbell played this season? 2 or 3?

i think Danny Graham and Grant Holt should have been given a chance ahead of him

don't really get why Rooney's in the squad when he's suspended and he's one of those players 'you know about'

odd odd selection

:/

/

Meanwhile Spain's latest squad is madness

Porteros

Casillas (Real Madrid)

Víctor Valdés (Barcelona)

Reina (Liverpool)

Defensas

Arbeloa (Real Madrid)

Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid)

Puyol (Barcelona)