Week 27 - Premier League 2011/12 & CL L16 R2

User

Spurs fans, Walker's worst game?

Nah, against UTD he had to get subbed 'cause he was so poor.

Walker said it was his fault anyways. His young though and can learn things with experience, plenty of players have been labeled sh*t defenders but then go on to do well. Brad has been solid but his inability to come out for balls is annoying. Gomes would have caught that first ball and would have probably saved Young's shot. Gomes could save us games with his saves but always has a mistake in him. Brad is just solid but couldn't make world class saves, only good ones.

Our problem is playing 4-4-2. It's been killing us. We can't play football without someone sitting infront of the back 4. When parker does it, we usually go on to win games. When we play 4-4-2 two of our CM's will go forward like a normal team would do but then we lose the protection.

2 set pieces cost us the game. I thought we played alright considering 3 of our midfield 5 were missing. The sooner VDV comes back and we drop this 4-4-2 business the better.

We can still afford to lose another game, which will happen if Harry doesn't drop his beloved 4-4-2 system.

We have the worst set pieces in the league. Does Harry care? lolol how can a team not practice these in training? he has like 10 people that he has brought in and none of them have thought to try and teach our lot to defend corners smh

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4-4-2 is fucking shit.

weve been missing vdv badly, his movement, finishing and vision >>>>>>

always the player on the pitch who has covered the most ground

Arsene Wenger is ready to go all guns blazing and play FOUR forwards to try to pull off the greatest escape in Champions League history.

Wenger is considering fielding Robin van Persie, Theo Walcott, Gervinho AND Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain in a desperate attempt to overhaul mighty AC Milan's 4-0 lead from the first leg of their last-16 tie.

Arsenal boss Wenger insists he will go for the jugular at the Emirates, and is convinced his men can pull off a miracle.

Wenger said: "I can take a risk, because I have no choice, basically. I have only two midfielders - (Alex) Song and (Tomas) Rosicky. That means we have to play with four strikers.

"I can play six strikers if I want - I have enough strikers: I have (Marouane) Chamakh, (Ju Young) Park, Van Persie, Gervinho, Walcott and Chamberlain.

"I'm tempted. I have to see if Rosicky is available or not. If Rosicky is not available, I will be in a very difficult situation, because I don't know what I can do then."

Rosicky is nursing a groin injury but trained on Monday.

tbh its a bit different from the Deportivo game because Arsenal FAILED to score away, thats the problem

plus they have to not kept a clean sheet at home since the FA Cup against Leeds? when was that January or summat?

Look into the Championship

/

Deportivo's away goal helped them and the fast start.

That's Ancelotti's Milan (who are known for throwing leads away) but this is Allegri's Milan (There is more energy in the team and are more suited to playing on the break)

thats the thing though Arsenal made AC Milan look alot better than what they actually are

if they hadn't been soo careless in the first leg they would have stood a chance, but as it is it's looking unlikely

Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Gibbs, Song, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott, Gervinho, Van Persie.

Substitutes: Fabianski, Djourou, Miquel, Jenkinson, Ozyakup, Chamakh, Park.

Had a good feeling about tonight, dunno if thats cos I think we can turn it over, or cos I know when we go out we should stay in the top four.