Arsene Wenger - "I'm nearly 70, loaded, fed up of being smart, f*ck it, yolo, going out with a bang"

Will this guy actually be first choice if he moves to Arsenal?

You seem to have a settled CB pairing. Whereas we need a partner for Kaboul. Still depends on CL i reckon

Apparently hes better than TV?

Bit premature but I feel LK has secured a 1st team spot for next season.

Definately

Also it never hurts to have:

1. A vastly experienced international CB
  2. A moderately experienced international CB with something to prove to his country after stripping his captaincy
  3. A CB with something to prove to his club and international coach
  4. A CB who plays for the same country as 2. with 2 top quality CBs ahead of him

All vying for contention at CB

Allow guys knowing they'll start the next game regardless of their performance in the last ala Vermalen against QPR. I want at least a little of that Man Utd mentality Ben Foster? was so afraid of

Arsène Wenger has reiterated his desire to complete transfer business early in the summer.

Arsenal announced their deal to bring Lukas Podolski to Emirates Stadium on Monday, with the German international set to link up with the squad at the end of the campaign.

Wenger is keen to add further reinforcements to his squad over the summer and will now move on to the second part of his plans.

“[We want to make early signings] if possible, yes,” he told Arsenal Player. “We wanted at least one target to be sorted out early.

“Now we are in a position where the second part of our signings will be to take care of the players who are injured and to get them back for the start of next season.

“I think of course about Jack Wilshere, and about Abou Diaby. Per Mertesacker I think will be ready at the start of next season. Then, if you look at our squad, we have quite a big one and before we buy again we have to look at how many players we will have.

Wenger concedes that another swift deal may have to wait until the futures of some of the Club’s other stars are concluded.

“I don't exclude it but we have to respect that [25-man squad] number,” said the Frenchman. “That is a big problem for every club and before you go out on the transfer market you have to see how you cope with the 25 players.”

Rafael van der Vaart believes Tottenham are in pole position for the 25-year-old's signature.

The Dutchman told the Sunday People: "I hope Jan comes to Tottenham. As far as I know the deal is close to being done.

"Spurs asked me about him. If he's sensible, he will opt to join us."

“I have to make a choice. There’s something going on with Tottenham, but there are more clubs interested in signing me. The most important thing for me is that I get regular playing time. Plus I need a stable environment. More and more clubs in England seem to realise that you can go a long way with ‘good football’. Arsenal started with it, and teams like Newcastle, Tottenham and Manchester City are playing good football as well now.”
  • Downvote 1

Hmm...

'The board is asking a fair amount for a player who is only contracted for another year. I trust that Ajax and Spurs can turn water into wine and sort it out soon. 'I owe a lot to Ajax but I have always given my heart and soul.

'My appreciation for the club and fans is great and it would be terrible if my farewell was marred by Ajax sticking to a great price.

'Of course I want Ajax to gain financially but the amount Tottenham are willing to pay - perhaps with a little extra - is very reasonable.'

'Tottenham is a fantastic football club. Ajax was the perfect club for me, but Spurs will be very close in nearing that already. They buy young, eager and offensive-minded players.'

Arsenal are lining up a swoop for Swansea's Michel Vorm as Arsene Wenger prepares for a summer goalkeeping shake-up.

Sportsmail can reveal senior Gunners scouts have watched Vorm in recent weeks because Wenger wants an experienced keeper to provide competition for current No 1 Wojciech Szczesny.

Manuel Almunia's contract expires at the end of the season and he will leave north London after spending eight years at the club.

West Ham are considering a move for the 34-year-old if they secure promotion to the Barclays Premier League via the play-offs - though they would expect Almunia to take a pay cut on his £60,000-per-week salary.

Lukasz Fabianski will also be allowed to leave, either on a season-long loan or a permanent move. Wenger feels Fabianski has a future at Arsenal, but the Pole wants regular first-team football.

That leaves Wenger with two spaces to fill. It is understood one of the places will go to highly-rated 19-year-old Damian Martinez, who will be promoted to the first team squad

But Wenger could find it difficult to persuade Vorm - who has been included in Holland's provisional Euro 2012 squad - to swap being Swansea's first-choice keeper for the role of Szczesny's understudy.

We will end up with Craig Gordon.

West Ham really gonna swap Green for Almunia? With Green going Malaga. Lol at that scenerio tbh.

Arsène Wenger expects a relatively quiet summer in the transfer market - at Arsenal and beyond.

The Arsenal manager has already snapped up Cologne striker Lukas Podolski ahead of the 2012/13 season and he has been linked with many more potential signings. Wenger admits he may add "one or two" new recruits but he thinks that clubs will be restricted by squad quotas and economic troubles.

"We have already bought Podolski and we have bought five players during the season when it had already started," Wenger told Arsenal Player.

"Our job will be focused on inside [matters] now we have Podolski. That means to get Jack Wilshere and Abou Diaby back in a healthy situation and then I believe we have quite a big squad. It will be [our intention] to trim a little bit and if possible add one or two players.

"I believe that the summer will be quiet for many reasons," he added. "First of all in England you have a 25-man limited squad number. Secondly the financial situation all over Europe is really bad and in some countries they have other worries than football. Therefore I expect it to be quiet.

"In our job, and this is like a football match, it is not completely predictable. But on the vibes I get even from the clubs who are big spenders, they all want to slow down."

Just hope Wenger does what he says & brings in two more players.

We can't rely on Abou Diaby to come good in sacrifice for another midfield signing, is he really going to sustain 20+ games next season?

That way we will be really challenging for the title.

Another summer of madness/doing f*ck all and it will be the same old story for us.

RVP hattrick vs West Brom please...