Why the progeny of slaves will strike gold at the Olympics

Captain Planet

Scientific Racism if you ask me .

Could it just be because black people we are the originals lol (just joking)

Seriously though each group of people has something they excel at better than the other .

For instance

You put a white man in a swimming pool and a black man and you tell me who wins .

and there are reasons for all of them.

This is just a theory as to the explanation, nothing racist about it.

and white people are better at swimming because they evolved lighter bone density.

Yeah but i doubt its because of slavery . It's Just scientific racism . Some lie that has been passed on from generation to generation and people believe it

I'm not saying it is defo because of slavery but I think it's something worth exploring.

Why do Caribbean's and American's generally outperform West African's in sprints?

400 years of back breaking labour may have had an impact on the genes, Michael Johnson is an educated man, he wasn't just a sprinter.

If he feels this is a theory worth looking into then so do I.

http://www.telegraph...-swimmers.html#

An article about a paper that explained black sprinting and white swimming prowess by using their centre of gravity, so there's more than one argument.

I think that falls into the same argument.

The average length of black limbs and white limbs is another thing that was impacted by evolution.

and this of course would effect centre of gravity.

I don't doubt this is an additional factor as to why there are clear differences between the ethnicities in running and swimming.

east africa got the long distance running on smash

They been on the planet the longest and were the 1st to hunt prey for days by foot.

yh that nomadic lifestyle coupled with them high altitudes has an impact but genes definitely play a big role

east africans are definitely lighter then other africans but still have that lean physique

• Upvote 1

They been on the planet the longest and were the 1st to hunt prey for days by foot.

yh that nomadic lifestyle coupled with them high altitudes has an impact but genes definitely play a big role

east africans are definitely lighter then other africans but still have that lean physique

I think the lifestyle and environment has directly influenced their genes.

• Upvote 1

but the thing is there not the only nomads that live in high altitudes,

why aren't people from mongolia, peru and chile good long distance runners

Yes it has been proven

It is called epigenetics

Do biological factors play a part?

Two convenient explanations are diet and/or "special" genes. We need not spend too long thinking about diet. Yes, a reasonably nutritious diet is needed to train hard but that is about all.

Genetics has received considerably more research attention. Some have suggested that East Africans' genes might be predisposed to endurance events but many studies have concluded the same thing - there is, at present, no evidence of this.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympic_games/world_olympic_dreams/8886705.stm

it is weird thinking of the "are you proud to be british" thread, but i get a real sense of pride watching the Jamaican sprinters do their thing.

with my Dad being from Grenada that Kirani James kid makes me feel proud as well,

can't even explain why, its just a natural feeling.