Work & Life

Natalie

Your company only dictates your job security to an extent

Obv if you're working for ENRON you'll be screwed

But a a normal firm you have to make sure your still an important cog in the machine be it by taking the relevant courses or being tenacious to stay on top

You should never be content as just part of the furniture

Lol bare naivety in here. Sometimes being made redundant is a straight business decision. Nothing to do with how good you are at your job or how "motivated" you are.

yes but surely when the powers that be are selecting who they are going to make redundant , they are not going to lay the ones bringing in the most money or the top workers

If your redundancy has more cons than pros to the benefit of te firm then you will not go

Companies don't stockpile workers to do nothing so they can fire them at a whim

If you're getting fired you are obsolete

If you're not you are vital

again naive viewpoint.

Your company hires you/a group of workers because they've got a new project or new client that they expect to get a lot of work from and their current workforce is stretched. If the project gets canned or that client pulls back. Best believe you're all disappearing regardless of how "good" and "motivated" you are.

Also like Supermalt said if your department is making a loss or the company believes that market is shrinking or disappearing you're all getting made redundant.

You're a number on a screen somewhere and if an accountant/management report flags that you/your team dont make sense. You will disappear. Always remember that.

out in the shirt in central tomorrow

will be back to this working thang tomorrow brah

/

yeah i got made redundant at one of my previous jobs it was strictly business aspects

they hired for the masses of calls they were getting when the public stopped getting the swine flu they released 65% of us lol

i weren't even mad knew it could happen

got bumped she told me she spoke to my district manager in the previous starbucks. after my bredrin who got fired from that store got his reference checked she smelt fishyness and called me to tell me i wasnt starting on monday. he had a interview in the kingscross store(24hours btw) 2 hours after mine

THEY BLACKBALLED ME :lmao::rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip:

i was upset

fack i will teach my unborn about never getting excited no matter how smooth u were

http://www.nytimes.c...wanted=all&_r=0

That's the article. Perfectly encapsulates life working for them. This article is the reason we all got a raise, although they claimed it was because they "had such an exceptional year and really wanted to show their thanks"

SMH

Some guy was telling me that you don't really have management in the apple store and some random computer chooses your shifts and what not.. Is it true?

He was saying some other boys sued a store once over that and won..

But PMSL @ having a pc make your roaster on some take it or leave it sh*t. Thats peak.