Work & Life

Natalie

9 hours ago, Yoshie said:

Why not?

A few reasons but location / club sizE. Holding out for bigger / better opportunity and money etc etc.

/ them packs ain't gna flip themselves bih. Streets need me 

22 minutes ago, MGEEZ said:

A few reasons but location / club sizE. Holding out for bigger / better opportunity and money etc etc.

could they potentially blackball you for a better opportunity for declining this role they offered you?

9 minutes ago, macz said:

could they potentially blackball you for a better opportunity for declining this role they offered you?

They could but I don't think they will. 

My name came up in a big meeting with the director and sales director, regional sales manager and regional manager so as long as I keep doing what I'm doing I should be alright.

• Upvote 7

40 minutes ago, MGEEZ said:

My name came up in a big meeting with the director and sales director, regional sales manager and regional manager so as long as I keep doing what I'm doing I should be alright.

big up bro, good luck

• 3 weeks later...

So my workplace that I left a few months ago is hiring me back on a freelance rate to do half-days remotely. I was planning on moving to another country to work full time at the end of the year but if I can keep this going I might extend my travels for a bit.

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/05/2016 at 8:55 AM, MGEEZ said:

You should look to get into IT/Tech sales. Money is stupid

• 2 weeks later...
On 9 June 2016 at 6:33 PM, Mame Biram Diouf said:

You should look to get into IT/Tech sales. Money is stupid

I've been looking into this. Will look more in depth when after my management role. 

/ had to do a presentation to the directors the other day. Apparently smashed it 

• Upvote 1

yeah, I didn't know sales was an industry that could get you there but I have a friend at ~£70k for business software sales - he is like 5-6 years experienced though (not all in the same area but pretty relevant) - doesn't recommend it though, because he doesn't enjoy sales, but he's good at it nonetheless 

IT Cloud computing/storage and managed hosting and colocation... Thats what I work within on project management side

other roles within that sector

Engineering - configuration works, need to have all the qualifications and certs

Tech pre sales - work with sales and engineers and scope out techincal solutions being sold and costings.

Project management - Dealing with clients/engineers, delivering project installs on time.

Sales/account management (good for commission deals, but end of the day its sales so target driven but rewards well.)

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Restrictive said:

Thanks!

Is Support the best way to get your foot in the door? Done some reading a while back see a lot of people start with 3rd/2nd/1st line support.

But where would you go from there?

If you go that route, that is best to lead you onto being an engineer. You need hands on experience and understand the terminology etc. Get your employer to understand you progression route and get company to sponsor you for relevant engineering training and licencing such as Cisco.

Ask direct to your boss for secondment days as an engineer, you don't ask you dont get.

Get that experience and if wages dont up as you think it should, leave after you've gained enough experience and your value goes up for new potential employers and you know what your talking about etc..