Work & Life

Natalie

How is that jeopardising his livelihood?

If someone else gets wind of a recruiter calling directly it makes it look like you want to leave even if that isn't the case. Puts a bad taste in a managers mouth and they may treat you funny afterwards regardless of the fact you didn't facilitate the contact. Could jeopardise internal promotion and the like, and if it's for a role you don't want it would be even worse knowing shit got messed up for a bullshit job.

If someone else gets wind of a recruiter calling directly it makes it look like you want to leave even if that isn't the case. Puts a bad taste in a managers mouth and they may treat you funny afterwards regardless of the fact you didn't facilitate the contact. Could jeopardise internal promotion and the like, and if it's for a role you don't want it would be even worse knowing sh*t got messed up for a bullshit job.

If a recruiter recognising your value as a professional damages your chances of promotion then you need to leave anyway.

If someone else gets wind of a recruiter calling directly it makes it look like you want to leave even if that isn't the case. Puts a bad taste in a managers mouth and they may treat you funny afterwards regardless of the fact you didn't facilitate the contact. Could jeopardise internal promotion and the like, and if it's for a role you don't want it would be even worse knowing sh*t got messed up for a bullshit job.

I know a few recruiters. Most times they lie about who they are when dealing with reception so the chances of people clocking on are low. True cowboys.

If a recruiter recognising your value as a professional damages your chances of promotion then you need to leave anyway.

I agree to a certain extent, but if you are happy where you are and some gets wind of a recruiter calling for you specifically it can be interpreted that you want to leave and some people are petty.  It's not down to what actually lead to that phonecall but what they think lead to that phonecall.

I think a mixture of the two is a healthy balance.

Although I find that when I used to work from home, i did more/longer work than I did if I was in the office, n you tend to just snack rather than having full blown meals away from your desk etc.

Dude i used to work with swore by this, but hes abit of an anti-social c*nt anyway

Co sign the mixture of both.

I sometimes have to work from home. 0% motivation and too much distraction tbh. If I am working to a deadline then it's easier.

My role is 80% field based and 5% office based 15% from home. I don't think I can do the office 9-5. I need to move about.

Travelling >

Does any work from home?

Been headhunted for a role (same role i do now) but more money company car/ car allowance but its a home based job 

Dunno if I can motivate myself to work properly from home.

People share your experiences pros/cons please 

Feel to make a new topic - will see how it goes 

I worked from home and FTP'ed in work with the occasional trip into central to meet new clients or do freelance at a company. Pros are not having to go on a packed train in the morning, cons are missing the fun that being in a office can bring up.  But you do need to get your head into the mindset of it being a workday. I used to get up with the missus at 6.00am have a shower, get dressed, have breakfast, and be ready for the day.

I would also have a strict lockdown on not turning on the TV or Xbox. I counted 5.30pm as the end of my usual working day unless something needed a bit of extra work. I think once you get into that mode of thinking it can work really.

But now I've moved countries and the production and media companies I'd be interested in working for are all within walking distance from my home, I'm looking for a job in a office now.

Budget looks good for setting up a small business

Ha

When I worked in media I had a few roles that were broken down exactly to those sort of ratios and f*cking hated it.

>>>> traveling all day around London

All about that cushty fruit basket, beers in the fridge start up life.

Carlos bro mike says the whatsapp group needs u

Come join

He called u a lighty

Guest Blacksheet

Really wish I had someone to go to for a loan. My Asia adventures have rinsed me dry.

this has stopped me from travelling but iam on the urge of thinkin "fuck it"

life tooo short