Work & Life

Natalie

Guest Blacksheet

Let di haytorz hate imhim

keep getting dat bread on the contracting mate it's the way forward leave dese man with their dead anual salaries

after nearly 10 years of FTE work and now contracting it just isn't for me. 

The money is way better but i crave that stability even if it sacrifices a few £s. Plus extra money management and time sheets is an annoyance that I rather not deal with.

Also it's a bit shitty when it comes to company perks/events because you are excluded by default and have to be "invited"

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, revs said:

after nearly 10 years of FTE work and now contracting it just isn't for me. 

The money is way better but i crave that stability even if it sacrifices a few £s. Plus extra money management and time sheets is an annoyance that I rather not deal with.

Also it's a bit shitty when it comes to company perks/events because you are excluded by default and have to be "invited"

i know what u mean

its mad how you dont think about your next job until 'that time comes around'

couple guys i know are always finding contracting roles so easy ; so simple im like rarrrrrr

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Grafter said:

We moved to a new document management system. 

None of the things i work on funtion now

The overall head of IT actually asked me what is VBA :/

my work is business critical as well

we're not here to write your code...soz babes

We are in the middle of a similar thing at my work upgrading MS Office. Certain people are finding their excel sheets don't work, or are slow, one of the business directors (not even IT) said, if people don't know how the sheets work in order to fix them, they shouldn't be using them to make business decisions. END OF...

Have deadded so many PMs n Traders with that, I'm not here to fix your shit, jog on!!

20 minutes ago, Simply D said:

we're not here to write your code...soz babes

We are in the middle of a similar thing at my work upgrading MS Office. Certain people are finding their excel sheets don't work, or are slow, one of the business directors (not even IT) said, if people don't know how the sheets work in order to fix them, they shouldn't be using them to make business decisions. END OF...

Have deadded so many PMs n Traders with that, I'm not here to fix your shit, jog on!!

nah your support, fuck all that.

help.

1 minute ago, Supermalt said:

nah your support, fuck all that.

help.

to start rewriting someones shit, when they don't even know how it works?

be serious!

some of these goons, just past a block of figures in a predefined area, click a macro button then take what is spat out as gospel, ask them to manually get from point A to B to even begin to assist, n their like :|

It would have been fine if they consulted "the business" before choosing the system

No needs analysis was done.No impact assessment

There was a test group but its not clear how they chose who to be in it

Even if they told us a month ago an gave us a trial all this could av been ironed out

Its now month end an my reports are due. The longer it takes to sort this shit out the less time i have to adapt my code an do my reports

Why doesnt the head of IT know what vba is? Like she ain eeeven heard of it. I dont need anyone to rewrite my code but i do need a compatible system.  The way it was lookin yesterday it wasnt compatible.

Now we seee we can open files in windows explorer it should be ok. But surprise sufuckinprise the documents i need are not syncin

19 hours ago, Simply D said:

to start rewriting someones shit, when they don't even know how it works?

be serious!

some of these goons, just past a block of figures in a predefined area, click a macro button then take what is spat out as gospel, ask them to manually get from point A to B to even begin to assist, n their like :|

Its the business' fault for not employing enough people with the right know how. Me an some other guy seem to be the only people who know vba an we are novices. The code was written by someone from another organisation before i got here and our organisation never had an in house expert

Our team IT support plus the project support people should have some familiarity an be able to assist

1 hour ago, Grafter said:

Its the business' fault for not employing enough people with the right know how. Me an some other guy seem to be the only people who know vba an we are novices. The code was written by someone from another organisation before i got here and our organisation never had an in house expert

Our team IT support plus the project support people should have some familiarity an be able to assist

If you want to pay for someone who has a skillset in all possible codes/areas of IT to have them sit twiddling their thumbs 85% of the time is not cost effective.

Its amazing how users think IT is just a specific job area like dentistry. The business scope of what is actually entailed to allow you runts to complain about "its slow" or "I want this excel cell to do a 360, jump over an animated sheep then appear on the ET bicycle, while also telling me the forecast for this hedge fund so I can then take the pretty report to my boss n look golden.

forgotten my train of thought now, watching this shitty PlusNet Queue counter....THOSE IT support folk are C#nts...I give you that...although its more the company than the actual folk