Week 28 - 12/13 - Premier League - Champions League L16 - Europa L16

User

Last night showed Sir Alex is not the best tactically

You lose a winger but wait until the score was 2-1 to make his first sub

The elephant in the room, people are talking as if the tie was over the moment Nani got sent off. The fact Ferguson literally did nothing tactically to address going down to ten men against a side like Real Madrid is barely being discussed.

And what about the decision not to start with Rooney, had any other manager made that decision and lost they'd be getting it from all angles.

UEFA have announced that they have opened disciplinary proceedings against Manchester United following Tuesday's contentious Champions League loss to Real Madrid.

United may be punished for non-fulfilment of post-match media obligations, Sir Alex Ferguson and his players having failed to give any interviews in the wake of their 2-1 defeat at Old Trafford.

Ferguson was reportedly furious about the dismissal of Nani, who was controversially red carded when United were 1-0 up.

Nani was sent off in the 56th minute, incorrectly in the opinion of many, for a high challenge on Alvaro Arbeloa, and Madrid then scored twice in three minutes to secure a 3-2 aggregate win.

Ferguson did not appear for interviews after the match, and the players did not stop to talk to the media in the mixed zone, as is conventional.

The manager's assistant Mike Phelan did speak to the press and said: "It's a distraught dressing room and a distraught manager. That's why I'm sat here now."

swear cole and gibson were both sent off for the exact same reason earlier this season

its defo a red

/

no one gives a shit about rooney people know about his whackness now

Last night showed Sir Alex is not the best tactically

You lose a winger but wait until the score was 2-1 to make his first sub

And what about the decision not to start with Rooney, had any other manager made that decision and lost they'd be getting it from all angles.

Had no bearing on the game though

1st leg he was meh

In CL he is normally meh

It always becomes the Rooney show when he plays, he has a bad game/they stick a man on him

Whole team suffers

On top  it the fact that Welbeck and Giggs were outstanding, and Nani was stretching them and asking questions, no questions need to be asked

Was pleased with Young when he came on too tbh to the kid

Seen R9 Ronaldo saying he was disappointed with Fergies comments last night. Apparently Alex referred to him as the "Fat One"? didn't see that though missed the start.

He really should of referred to him as

"The Guy who scored a hat trick against us"

Or

"The Guy our fans gave a standing ovation"

Nah not

Sir Alex

What a salty individual

If United fans were told anything last night it was how much this country doesn't give a shit about them.

Even in the barbers today no-one cares, let the fans suffer they said.

No one wants to support united.

On your own. 

first bit of real you have come up with since 2010

• Downvote 1

lol at the media thinking Rooney is whack, they cradle his nutsack on a regular.

As a manager you live and die by your decisions, am I wrong in thinking Ferguson chose to start Nani in a huge game having frozen him out for pretty much the whole season and dropped a player in Rooney who's scored half of his CL goals in the knockout stages?

People are so caught up in the sending off they aren't even asking the most obvious questions.

• Downvote 1

Intentional or not

That's a red on mainland Europe

It's stopping a goal scoring opportunity

No ifs no buts

As LS said the rules are different.

So the issue you have is the referees on "mainland Europes" inability to adhere to the rules of the game. I'm just stating what it says in the rule book. I didn't write the thing just stating what it says, don't shoot the messenger.

since united signed rvp

media been jumping off the rooney bandwagon 1 by 1

with sir alex dont trust him, he hasnt delivered as the main man for united etc....  all season long now

your thinking pundits, they swing on his nuts yes

and no was clear nani would start from the reding/qpr games 

first bit of real you have come up with since 2010

You think posing me will put you in my goodbooks.

Negged.

You can't even neg me back either. :lol:

who wants to be in your good book you fucking traitor judas piece of shit 

next season when you want to be arsenal again your pass will be revoked 

silly c*nt

• Downvote 1

If United fans were told anything last night it was how much this country doesn't give a shit about them.

Even in the barbers today no-one cares, let the fans suffer they said.

No one wants to support united.

On your own. 

Really?

Every newspaper article I've read has been Pro Utd.

since united signed rvp

media been jumping off the rooney bandwagon 1 by 1

with sir alex dont trust him, he hasnt delivered as the main man for united etc....  all season long now

your thinking pundits, they swing on his nuts yes

and no was clear nani would start from the reding/qpr games 

I thought he might've started the first leg too, (proven by my comments before the 1st leg in the United thread) due to the styles make fights theory

Don't know why any one is questioning the selections. Fergie got it right both times. Let's not forget how shit the Ref was in the first leg and the chances we missed. Had it right in last nights game too but obviously the game was changed by their 12th man.

that is the only valid argument

tbh yesterday i thought cleverly would be a weak link

but he done well

personally i think the game was heading straight to extra time..... madrid were on the ascendancy