Week 32 - 12/13 - Premier League / CL QF & Europa QF

User

valencia is dead might as well play phil jones right wing

Valencia is R1 + X

No immagination. No guile. No plan b

Hes not even as fast as last season. Dead player 

This tbh

/

And its not even just about his performances this season. He's so basic and predictable it hurts my soul having to watch his body freeze and his football brain shut down every time a full back shows him onto his weaker foot. Then he plays a pass backwards because he doesn't know how to beat a defender using skills. Ashley Cole should be ashamed of himself they way he's made him look like a world class winger over the years.

Evra, Rafael and Buttner have looked more threatening from the wings than Valencia, Nani and Young this season. Another manager would've switched to a wingback formation a long time ago.

• Upvote 1

But he was one dimensional, basic and predictable from day one, People even said that was a positive (the fact that the front men knew what to expect and so goals would come) People gave it all a bly and voted him player of the season regardless, now everyones is taking him to task about the same things that made him a fan favourite,

this is where the word fickle comes into play.

the problem isn't his basic play predictability and one dimensional play its his inability to run with the ball at powerfull strength and pace.

people have already commented that it could be down to him bulking up a little too much and so he's lost a little bit of agility.....  

Nah I can't have that Valencia talk, bar this season the guy has been 1 of our top performers.

Got us out of jail almost single handedly over the years, do not forget.

Tbh this season we have been a fucking boring team, it's not just Valencia who doesn't have flair.

And from Nani is looking like John Jensen then ykno Fergie is sucking the flair from this team, come like he's tryna make us a German machine.

functionality has been the key to number 20. 

Its worked and has been the increasing trend for the last few years.

Just think if the ref hadn't of given Nani a red and the draw had been the same Fergie would be leading this "Under-par unimaginative and merely functional team into the Champions league semi-final and be a dead cert to win the League.

terrible times

Valencia is R1 + X

No immagination. No guile. No plan b

Hes not even as fast as last season. Dead player

This tbh

/

And its not even just about his performances this season. He's so basic and predictable it hurts my soul having to watch his body freeze and his football brain shut down every time a full back shows him onto his weaker foot. Then he plays a pass backwards because he doesn't know how to beat a defender using skills. Ashley Cole should be ashamed of himself they way he's made him look like a world class winger over the years.

Evra, Rafael and Buttner have looked more threatening from the wings than Valencia, Nani and Young this season. Another manager would've switched to a wingback formation a long time ago.

!

Newcastle away this season

We shoulda just rolled with that formation for the majority

Valencia will never be a true united number 7

now apart from if Nani was nurtured tenderly and given Ronaldo treatment for the last four years who in the current squad is a "True United number 7"? 

None mate.

Nani dont even fit the bill but is a step in the right direction.

Just think if the ref hadn't of given Nani a red and the draw had been the same Fergie would be leading this "Under-par unimaginative and merely functional team into the Champions league semi-final and be a dead cert to win the League.

terrible times

I think you're getting ahead of yourself there, nothing is a dead cert in Europe, as a Man Utd fan of both past and present you of all people should know this lol.

And Nani deserved his red tbf.

Being functional ain't good enough for a team like Man Utd, we have to do it in style, same reason winning managers at Real get the boot calm because they expect it a certain way.

Being functional is why at the start of the season I looked at Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Dortmund, PSG and Juventus and said to myself we ain't winning the CL. It's also one of the reasons why we've been embarrassed by Bilbao, Barca and Basel in recent years.

I'd rather we go back to free flowing, fluid football of '08 where we had a front 4 that would interchange positions throughout the game and 2 wide players in the team that could play on either wing and could cross and shoot with either foot.

14 - Andros Townsend successfully dribbled past an opponent 14 times yesterday vs Wigan; the most ever recorded by Opta in a PL game.

mad stat.

Being functional is why at the start of the season I looked at Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Dortmund, PSG and Juventus and said to myself we ain't winning the CL. It's also one of the reasons why we've been embarrassed by Bilbao, Barca and Basel in recent years.

I'd rather we go back to free flowing, fluid football of '08 where we had a front 4 that would interchange positions throughout the game and 2 wide players in the team that could play on either wing and could cross and shoot with either foot.

We don't have the quality to do that.

Went in for Hazard he chose Chelsea went in for Moura PSG offered a few million more,

Didn't Mourhino make a comment about waitrose eggs and Lidl eggs and trying to make award winning omelettes whilst he was at Chelsea. The squad isn't blessed with the players we had then.

From when the season has seen De Gea, Rafael, Carrick and RVP come out with credit it's all plain to see. I said earlier in the season that winning the league this season would be one of Fergie's biggest achievements. He's has been the outstanding key figure in the tittle race. That's the position we've beaten City in this season. Replacing Ronaldo with Valencia and giving Owen the 7 shirt was a clear sign that functionality and efficiency would feature more than fluidity and flair.

Is what it is, still been a good season. Just hope City don't do what they should've done last pre-season and go out and buy quality.

terrible times

I think you're getting ahead of yourself there, nothing is a dead cert in Europe, as a Man Utd fan of both past and present you of all people should know this lol.

And Nani deserved his red tbf.

Being functional ain't good enough for a team like Man Utd, we have to do it in style, same reason winning managers at Real get the boot calm because they expect it a certain way.

My opinion on the Nani sending off was made very clear at the time.

I'm in no way saying we would've won the Chanpions league, however we were on course to beating Real and were relatively comfortable and if drawn against Gala in the quarters would've got past them IMO. Granted anything beyond that would've been a bonus.

When I said a dead cert I was talking about the premiership.

Chelsea love triangle (part II): After Terry and Bridge, Courtois has alleged affair with girlfriend of his team-mate De Bruyne
  • Chelsea rocked by allegations of second affair involving Belgium team-mates
  • De Bruyne and Courtois are both out on loan this season
  • Revelations evoke embarrassing memories of John Terry and Wayne Bridge
  • De Bruyne apparently left 'devastated' by the affair
  • But the pair are said to have made up and now even 'joke about it'

Chelsea have been caught up in ANOTHER love scandal after it was reported that the partner of Kevin De Bruyne became embroiled in an affair with team-mate Thibaut Courtois. 

In scenes reminiscent of the scandal surrounding John Terry and Wayne Bridge, Caroline Lijnen allegedly started a relationship with Courtois behind De Bruyne’s back, according to a Belgian gossip magazine story.

Both players are on loan this season. De Bruyne, 22, is set to leave Chelsea this summer after an impressing Werder Bremen. Courtois, 20, on loan at Atletico Madrid, is seen as the long-term successor to Petr Cech.

It is reported that Courtois and De Bruyne’s 20-year-old girlfriend exchanged explicit pictures on Facebook. 

The magazine reports that Caroline Lijnen became frustrated at life with De Bruyne in Bremen and moved to Madrid where she enjoyed a liaison with Courtois.

De Bruyne was said to be ‘devastated’ upon hearing the news. 

A source in the magazine said: 'In the Madrid house she cheated on Kevin. He didn't know anything, but when he discovered about it, he went crazy. It was a huge shock for him.’

The Belgium team-mates are said to have since rekindled their friendship after holding clear-the-air talks before their country’s clash against Macedonia.

And a spokesperson from the Belgium FA claimed they now laugh about it. 

‘They still get along’, said a press officer of the Belgian FA. ‘They even joke about it.’

Belgium boss Marc Wilmots is reported to have acted as peacemaker after visiting both players and reading them the riot act before the match against Macedonia on March 26.