Are you a bastard?

kerser

Lol to save a few thousand over years in the long run?

The average half decent wedding will be at least 10 bags

Lol at registry office :/ fair enough at 18 tho but not grown adults

A wedding shouldn't define your marriage.

mans saying it wouldnt matter cause they been together long

then it needs to be a min of 10bags

make up your mind

and dub, explain the CP ting please, i thought it gave gays the same rights are hetero couples?why would they want a civil?

I agree but it started off by talking about a situation where 2 people have been together 30 odd years and already have kids.. Makes me feel in that situation that a wedding would just be for the celebration side of things therefore a waste of money

Dons cant be in the car thread and other materialistic threads talking about 5 bag watches they say they'll happily go to travel lodge for their honey moon

Alright ive never said that so im exempt

But marriage is just a show of love. You dont need extravagance for that, what will it show really? Theres lots you can do without just making a circus of the event

All it needs to be is you two and your loved ones

But marriage is just a show of love. You dont need extravagance for that, what will it show really? Theres lots you can do without just making a circus of the event

Yeh i get you but as someone who doesnt care much for marriage i guess my opinion is tainted to thinking its all about the celebration aspect.. Just the way my mind works lol

Yeh i get you but as someone who doesnt care much for marriage i guess my opinion is tainted to thinking its all about the celebration aspect.. Just the way my mind works lol

Oh yeah it is, it really is

But, as we all know money doesnt bring happiness and theres no need to just splash

Instead of paying like 20 grand (I have mo idea what these cost) to some wedding planner to do everything for me, id rather arrange something really personal to us and do it all myself or together. No need for fancy shit or a big castle etc just us and our loved ones. Suttum cosy

But I prob wont get married still

Lol to save a few thousand over years in the long run?

The average half decent wedding will be at least 10 bags

Lol at registry office :/ fair enough at 18 tho but not grown adults

A wedding shouldn't define your marriage.

mans saying it wouldnt matter cause they been together long

then it needs to be a min of 10bags

make up your mind

and dub, explain the CP ting please, i thought it gave gays the same rights are hetero couples?why would they want a civil?

Civil Partnerships do give the same lawful rights/benefits as married couples.

However at the moment marriages are only available to heterosexuals and civil partnerships only to homosexuals.

For the same reasons why homosexuals may want to be married, heterosexuals may want civil partnerships.

Marriage for most people isn't about the lawful representations - it has a religious, cultural, social significance to it.

See me, I'm a guy who can acknowledge why marriage means a lot to people, but I don't believe its for me, and I wouldn't want to make this massive pledge of love in the form of something I don't believe in and don't care for, it would slyly be insulting

- or at least that is how I feel about it right now, perhaps one day I may see it as something she wants so much that it actually begins to mean something to me, but who knows.

But at the same time marriage comes with these lawful rights and benefits. And people who "don't believe in marriage" and decide not to get married are missing out on them, regardless of the fact that they've found their life partners, and have a family. If you're married your family is much better off after you've passed (in terms of inheritance of pension, money and possessions)  than if you're not married - and I don't think that's fair.

• Upvote 1