Channel 4 to air daily Muslim call to prayer during Ramadan

kerser

Englands not a Christian country though is it

It's also traditionally a white european country so let's not go down that route otherwise it'll be no irish no blacks again

It'd be much better if people just said 'this is an atheist country and we want it to stay that way' rather than prattling on about it being christian 

• Downvote 1

It's a fairly big change in itself, an Islamic programme specifically dedicated to the Adaan on a mainstream terrestrial network, it's understandable there'd be some uproar from the rest of the country, even though none of them will be up at the time it happens

I suppose not everybody has peace TV  :keeporder:

key part

if deaf people can get that mute on the corner of the screen at 3am why cant those who are fasting not get this privilege ?

It's also traditionally a white european country so let's not go down that route otherwise it'll be no irish no blacks again

It'd be much better if people just said 'this is an atheist country and we want it to stay that way' rather than prattling on about it being christian 

generally speaking the laws and morals of this country are based on the christian faith 

the head of state is christian 

this country is still fundamentally a christian country 

i for one want it to stay that way 

It's a fairly big change in itself, an Islamic programme specifically dedicated to the Adaan on a mainstream terrestrial network, it's understandable there'd be some uproar from the rest of the country, even though none of them will be up at the time it happens

I suppose not everybody has peace TV  :keeporder:

key part

if deaf people can get that mute on the corner of the screen at 3am why cant those who are fasting not get this privilege ?

how are you even comparing the two things?

generally speaking the laws and morals of this country are based on the christian faith 

The laws of Christianity are closer to the laws of Shariah than they are of the UK laws.

The head of state is a leech.

The country isn't at all fundamentally Christian in anything but name

it is church of england state, which is headed by the queen.....

so technically a christian country

also a lol made up religion at that 

(going on religions are real)

• Downvote 1

The laws of Christianity are closer to the laws of Shariah than they are of the UK laws.

The head of state is a leech.

The country isn't at all fundamentally Christian in anything but name

debatable

opinion

debatable

not that i don't agree with u, jus sayin

The bible dictates that women should cover

Islam dictates that women should cover

The bible dictates that adulterers & idolators should be stoned to death, so does Islam

The bible dictates and eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth, so does Islam

homosexuals to be stoned to death

etc etc etc

There are of course some differences but they are both Abrahamic religions and are very similar in most aspects

The laws of this country have nowt to do with the bible nor christianity and everything to do with globalisation, profiteering & a number of other things

Also a black man can't try to stick up for the laws of England EVER

• Downvote 1

From when Homosexuality is legal it's not really a Christian Country.

• Downvote 2

:/

it's also legal in brazil, colombia, spain, ireland, poland etc. are these not christian countries?

is israel not a jewish country?

it's also legal in brazil, colombia, spain, ireland, poland etc. are these not christian countries?

think he means christianity as a whole outlaws homosexuality

so to say the UK is when homosexulity is legal raises the question

its not atheist, it is secular

The bible dictates that women should cover

Islam dictates that women should cover

The bible dictates that adulterers & idolators should be stoned to death, so does Islam

The bible dictates and eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth, so does Islam

homosexuals to be stoned to death

etc etc etc

There are of course some differences but they are both Abrahamic religions and are very similar in most aspects

The laws of this country have nowt to do with the bible nor christianity and everything to do with globalisation, profiteering & a number of other things

Also a black man can't try to stick up for the laws of England EVER

these things are in the old testament. Christians argue that through Jesus Christ these things you have listed don't hold weight and most of them follow the new testament only

nah come on really

might aswell throw away the whole thing man man start cherry picking

this is why i dont follow religion

cause i know for a fact I cant follow it to a T, even though if i may say so, i live better than some (dont drink, smoke, fight, do a variety of illegal shit etc, main thing is pre marital sex), i if was to say "naah that bit doesnt work anymore, Imma do it" then theres no point IMO

england is not secular officially though 

it is church of england

Its logoff time for you from this thread.