Arsenal 2013/14 thread

Anderson

Theo Walcott will have a minor procedure on his abdomen in Germany on Wednesday which will keep him out of action until after the next international break.

The winger missed Sunday’s win over Stoke City after developing slight damage to his posterior abdominal wall. As a result, it has been decided that Theo should undergo the minor procedure, which will enable him to start his recovery immediately afterwards.

Speaking to Arsenal.com, Arsène Wenger said: “Theo will be out for a few weeks. He has developed some damage to his posterior abdominal wall. It's not a hernia, but it's a little structural problem in his abdomen.

"He will have the procedure in Germany on Wednesday and, because it’s so minor, we can begin his rehab immediately. We are pleased it’s being dealt with quickly and he shouldn’t miss too many Arsenal matches. But he will miss the forthcoming international matches with England.”

Everyone at Arsenal looks forward to seeing Theo back on the pitch soon after the international break.

What if bendtner starts spraying & beasting would you change your views on him?

I cant front his record isn't too shaby. Yes we can do a lot better. But right now its a case of 'A begger has no choice'.

I hope he starts beasting for his own good so he can find a club come January. Because regardless we still need a top striker, He could be 3rd choice if he likes.

This is what wenger thinks

Wenger - Bendtner can be unstoppable

Arsène Wenger believes Nicklas Bendtner can be an "unstoppable striker", providing he shows the right attitude.

The Danish striker made his last Arsenal appearance against Liverpool in August 2011 but is in line to return to the team for the Capital One Cup tie at West Bromwich Albion on Wednesday evening.

Bendtner was an unused substitute in the win against Stoke City at the weekend and Wenger says the striker now has a chance to prove his quality.

"He had nearly gone somewhere else [in August] and in the end he stayed because it didn't work out and we needed him here," the boss told Arsenal Player.

"Now he can convince everybody. We are open-minded, we believe in his qualities. I personally believe in his qualities. It's just down to attitude and fighting [spirit]. When he has that, Nicklas can be an unstoppable striker. He gets his chance. Our job is about that. Take your chance.

"Fans forgive you everything as long as you produce the performances on the football pitch. That's what people want. I think our fans have a positive attitude towards Bendtner and they will be behind him. Only you can create that with your performances."

Wenger has fielded Bendtner on the right of Arsenal's front three in the past - when Robin van Persie played centrally. But he thinks the Dane is at his best through the middle.

"I see him as a centre forward," said Wenger. "He can use his body [with his] back to goal. He's an intelligent player, he can play intelligent passes and protect. He's a similar type size-wise to Olivier Giroud. The central role is perfect for him."

Would be a great story for NICKLAS...

But the reality is, right now he's an employee and a over induldged one at that, he spent over two years away cos he thought he was better than RvP and wanted to leave, he did nothing but think of getting away and has returned looking terribly conditioned.

Oh and my last memorable moment of him in a Arsenal shirt, was that he should have banged against Barcelona.

We will still buy a striker when we can, he will leave when he can... Inbetween now and then, my expectations are severely low.

Arsène Wenger has named the following squad for Wednesday's Capital One Cup tie against West Bromwich Albion.

4 Per Mertesacker

5 Thomas Vermaelen

8 Mikel Arteta

13 Emiliano Viviano

17 Nacho Monreal

20 Mathieu Flamini

21 Lukasz Fabianski

23 Nicklas Bendtner

25 Carl Jenkinson

30 Ju-Young Park

31 Ryo

37 Chuba Akpom