FAO: DJ's.

Seth Rollins

i've noticed a lot of laptop djs (that aren't using syncing), their mixes sound off, like their perfectly out if that makes sense

it's all in time per se but the beats aren't grooving together

with so much garage (for instance) you gotta get both tracks in the pocket together and only your ears will help you with that one

plus i can hear the mix going out before they clock it on the laptop screen with the soundwaves

all these new tools a turning the act into more of a sequencing job

THIS!!!

especially with house n garage, I can hear the hi hat pattern f*ckin up before these man have clocked the wav on the screen being outta synch.

Im not gonna lie years of using serato has made my ears not as strong as when I first used to use vinyl, but i try now not to look at the screen as much as possible.

Im all for technology especially if ya doin amazing thing with it, but the synch button is something that just doesnt sit well with me

yeh shudnt be really looking at the screen to judge the mix,

nice to know when breakdowns are coming and shit but you should know the structure of the track before you even select it tbh

• Upvote 1

http://store.apple.com/uk/buy-mac/macbook-pro?product=ME293B/A&step=config

Mac is here. Now I'm controller shopping.

/

Looking at the screen to see if a mix is out? Is that serious? :rofl: Jesus f**king Navas that's disgusting. :lol: What happened to using headphones? Even on CDJs I still don't really look at the BPM. I hope this sh*t doesn't make me lazy. 

sold my 800s and copped the ddj-sb

im not a dj so no need for them tbh, the sb should entertain me enough.

dice?

550 with the djm-400

could of got alot more but weren't really fussed, the longer they kept collecting dust in my room the more id want to keep them for nostalgic reasons :lol:

ordered the pioneer ddj-sb

looks swag that one, think its for ipod/ipad

the sb arrived, will give it a try tonight, need to get hold of a full serato tho because that dj intro software is terrible.

is there a crack floating about?

This reminds me of when music producers where shitting on software producers ,saying that they will never make it big ,hardware will always be king blah blah , but really the only thing stopping them from adopting the wave was their elitist attuide .

fast forward to the present and 80% of the guys who where against it and using it

being easiser and more accessible will not stop guys rising to the top.

couldn't give a fuck if the DJ is using q laptop or not as long as it's bumping mixes are clean and keeps people moving

if i was a dj playing gigs every week the last thing i'd want to do is haul around a record bag everywhere, esp when not even making that much guwop

serato and usb are pretty much the accepted forms of djing in *most* clubs in *most* circles, but controllers are still frowned upon tbh

kode9 uses one, disappointment i've heard from some people is a lot

i dont see why a usb is any more acceptable than a laptop as a record box mechanism, which is essentially all it is 

serato is good for looping n shit as well

producers get away with using ableton n that cuz they're not expected to be able to mix 

it's a funny world of people almost trying to out-authenticate each other 

its all abit daft tbh, but i remember there was a similar mini uproar when the new pioneers were released with the screens showing the wavefroms ect ect.

same when vestax released that turntable that had a bpm counter built in.

people just dont like change.

djin will never go back to a pure artform like the vinyl days. thats what technology does, makes things easier.

• Upvote 1

but you can still use the mixer to add flare to your sets n shit you know?

there will always be a distinction between great DJs and any breah with an auto cue button 

if you're just doing it for a lol and party then IMO you should be able to use whatever u feel like, but a professional has to have professional tools 

did anyone go to EZ's 8 hr set last night?

check the 2014 topic breh

no

8-) its about the EZ set

i'm aware 

I went. Was like official beg friend linkup of 2014. The comicon of industry breading. He did smash it though

this just popped up on my youtube recommendations

hard.

• Upvote 4

That was cold.

• Upvote 1