Don't be a p*ssy, elaborate bro

not quite sure what being a p*ssy has to do with it, but sure, i'll elaborate

what is it to have a favourite actor?

what does that even mean?

oh i like this guys face

his swag

his whole presence

sounds a bit gay to me

the role of an actor is to play a different role every time, how am i supposed to then form allegiances?

i recall a situation

me: what's this Deja Vu film saying?

mate: it's a Denzel film.  if you wanna see Denzel bein Denzel then it's alright

me: sold!

he is a comfort zone actor.  people feel safe in his presence.

on the flip side

the first time i ever really appreciated an actor acting was when i watched the extras on The Godfather dvd and saw Robert De Niro trying out for the part of Sonny in The Godfather, before he was eventually cast as a young Don Vito in the The Godfather Part 2

what i was hit with was an actor i was overly familiar with acting out a part i was already overly familiar with, with absolute excellence and professionalism

it was at that very moment i raised my glass to Sir Bobby and said bravo my son, you can act

because of that i now judge an actor on their ability to diversify, not just play their part

on the double a side i'm a big fan of Book of Eli for instance, i judge that film on it's own merits, it's fun

but let's be real, when all is said and done, Denzel will not be checked for

therefore i laugh at the basic ones

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Bizarre start to that post Lionel.

Having a fav actor is as simple as knowing you will probably enjoy a movie because that actor brings a certain realism to his work, aswell as having a knack for picking a good script.

Surely you didn't have to see some lost tapes of Robert De Niro auditioning for a part he didn't get to come to the conclusion he is a very good actor?

And auditioning for Sonny isn't what I would exactly call De Niro being outside his comfort zone.

I understand your point about versatility, it's why I'm not a huge fan of Johnny Depp.

I'm not too bothered however if Denzel is checked for or not, I have enjoyed his work for over 20 years, if it was down to some people Al Pacino would never of made it as an actor, it's all opinion at the end of the day.

i love it when people say Denzel is their favourite actor

so jokes

Don't be a p*ssy, elaborate bro
not quite sure what being a p*ssy has to do with it, but sure, i'll elaborate

what is it to have a favourite actor?

what does that even mean?

oh i like this guys face

his swag

his whole presence

sounds a bit gay to me

the role of an actor is to play a different role every time, how am i supposed to then form allegiances?

i recall a situation

me: what's this Deja Vu film saying?

mate: it's a Denzel film. if you wanna see Denzel bein Denzel then it's alright

me: sold!

he is a comfort zone actor. people feel safe in his presence.

on the flip side

the first time i ever really appreciated an actor acting was when i watched the extras on The Godfather dvd and saw Robert De Niro trying out for the part of Sonny in The Godfather, before he was eventually cast as a young Don Vito in the The Godfather Part 2

what i was hit with was an actor i was overly familiar with acting out a part i was already overly familiar with, with absolute excellence and professionalism

it was at that very moment i raised my glass to Sir Bobby and said bravo my son, you can act

because of that i now judge an actor on their ability to diversify, not just play their part

on the double a side i'm a big fan of Book of Eli for instance, i judge that film on it's own merits, it's fun

but let's be real, when all is said and done, Denzel will not be checked for

therefore i laugh at the basic ones

That's fair enough but somones favourite actor is a personal preferance, that's why you lost as soon you started that post right and continued losing right to the end. Valid points in there but i don't know what it has to do with someones personal preferance. Don't think no one is claiming Washington as a GOAT maybe then what you wrote could've been applied.

Can't be bringing up Sir Robert, he is a true great only few can compare to.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Will Smith , Forest Whitaker and Morgan Freeman would have a strong argument that they are better.

Controversially, I have to say Samuel L Jackson is as well, for versatility

You compare his Django Unchained character to his Unbreakable character, Nick Fury, Coach Carter, for example, You will see a man much more capable of playing characters.