Stormzy

Niall Ferguson

The London club night Boxed saved grime

Anyone who really knows knows that

Hats off to them guys they brought it back

over German whip thats not me etc?

I would say yes for london grime nights but as for the worldwide push grime got a have to disagree.

ive always wanted to go to boxed always assumed it is similar to what fwd use to be like 12 years back? and that its some nerdy white crowd is Probaly why I have never attended what is the crowd like I see their next event is in London fields might reach

German Whip was it's own thing for sure and i credit a large part of that due to Dan's return. a forgotten OG who returned to the scene long after he made his premature exit.

That's Not Me was the tipping point that couldn't have happened without Boxed.

UKG started to come back around 09 after a long well needed break, it was only a matter of time til Grime followed, and it did so with a massive helping hand from the Boxed scene in '11 who helped pioneer the Grime sound in the clubs again (without MCs this time)

from there all the Ableton kids rushed to find Triton, Mo Phatt & PlugSound packs and rebirthed Grime on the likes of soundcloud and the new bread of net stations like NTS, revisiting old grime ideas that were never really pushed to their limits first time round.

Grime became avant garde and fashionable again but this time easily accessible due to the new hi functionality of the internet

around this time a lot of the chin stroking d*ckheads did a 180 on their initial disregard for grime, coupled with kids that grew up on Grime coming of age and finding power within the era of online journalism, a la FACT, Complex, and to a lesser extent, Pitchfork

Skepta caught wind of this and went back to basics with That's Not Me. at this time Novelist was on a slow rise and sparked the first in line of a new wave Grime MCs that were exactly that, MCs, not youtube gangsters fake posing in sunglasses. the Boxed lot took Nov under their wing and nurtured him for all of 5 mins

it was Boxed who brought back square waves, plug sounds and eski clicks, and Nov who brought back tracksuits. Skepta just turned it into a bankable product, cleverly getting Risky to direct his vid while he sat their wearing one of his old Akademik jumpers

Boxed harnessed a bubbling movement and certified it, i think its hats off to them each and every.

all that said, i think a special shout must go to Zomby, who back in 09/10 had this to answer for

Zomby was f*ckin on to something them times

real talk German Whip took 6 months to buss and its questionable if its really a Grime tune

That's Not Me popped immediately cos people were ready and waiting

• Upvote 1

Guest Blacksheet

Lol but wait a man shot YOUR dad

You are about to become a 'star' therefore it would be dumb to take matters into your own hands

You think I could let a man just walk free after killing my dad?

I'll sing my heart out, fuck the hood

You are about to become a 'star' therefore it would be dumb to take matters into your own hands

I'll sing my heart out, f*ck the hood

Fuck the hood, but still make money off the hood buzz right?

• Upvote 1

Guest Blacksheet

I'll sing my heart out, f*ck the hood

f*ck the hood, but still make money off the hood buzz right?

whats wrong with that

it's where they were raised

All that is neither here nor there

Don got pulled up on OUTSIDE and lead the shooter into his mothers room

His mum was in the room, the stepdad was in the room

They both got touched

He didn't and the stepdad died

For all intents and purposes he might as well have pushed his mum in the way of the corn to save himself

Whole scenario is just a catalogue of fuck boy behaviour of the HIGHEST calibre

And case 2/2 isn't that far behind in terms of the way you'll be scratching your head thinking about how a guy like this walks around tryna portray some kind of cruddy aura

The London club night Boxed saved grime

Anyone who really knows knows that

Hats off to them guys they brought it back

over German whip thats not me etc?

I would say yes for london grime nights but as for the worldwide push grime got a have to disagree.

ive always wanted to go to boxed always assumed it is similar to what fwd use to be like 12 years back? and that its some nerdy white crowd is Probaly why I have never attended what is the crowd like I see their next event is in London fields might reach

German Whip was it's own thing for sure and i credit a large part of that due to Dan's return. a forgotten OG who returned to the scene long after he made his premature exit.

That's Not Me was the tipping point that couldn't have happened without Boxed.

UKG started to come back around 09 after a long well needed break, it was only a matter of time til Grime followed, and it did so with a massive helping hand from the Boxed scene in '11 who helped pioneer the Grime sound in the clubs again (without MCs this time)

from there all the Ableton kids rushed to find Triton, Mo Phatt & PlugSound packs and rebirthed Grime on the likes of soundcloud and the new bread of net stations like NTS, revisiting old grime ideas that were never really pushed to their limits first time round.

Grime became avant garde and fashionable again but this time easily accessible due to the new hi functionality of the internet

around this time a lot of the chin stroking d*ckheads did a 180 on their initial disregard for grime, coupled with kids that grew up on Grime coming of age and finding power within the era of online journalism, a la FACT, Complex, and to a lesser extent, Pitchfork

Skepta caught wind of this and went back to basics with That's Not Me. at this time Novelist was on a slow rise and sparked the first in line of a new wave Grime MCs that were exactly that, MCs, not youtube gangsters fake posing in sunglasses. the Boxed lot took Nov under their wing and nurtured him for all of 5 mins

it was Boxed who brought back square waves, plug sounds and eski clicks, and Nov who brought back tracksuits. Skepta just turned it into a bankable product, cleverly getting Risky to direct his vid while he sat their wearing one of his old Akademik jumpers

Boxed harnessed a bubbling movement and certified it, i think its hats off to them each and every.

all that said, i think a special shout must go to Zomby, who back in 09/10 had this to answer for

Zomby was f*ckin on to something them times

real talk German Whip took 6 months to buss and its questionable if its really a Grime tune

That's Not Me popped immediately cos people were ready and waiting

but boxed are doing what butterz was doing before really?

what about the guys in Bristol and what they have been doing for quite some time now?

I don't know much about that side of grime but to say they essentially single handly reestablished grime is a bit of a stretch?