Wayne Rooney

Mame Biram Diouf

"A lot of the time, from the three league games I've seen this season, he's been fighting two centre-halves with no-one running past him. The balls in front of him have been safe - there's no gamble, nothing in behind and that suited the opposition. It totally changed on Wednesday night. 

"Carrick and Herrera helped him and as soon as he got the first one it was a matter of time before he got another one, and another one - and don't be surprised, if Man United keep getting the ball forward quicker, he'll score more goals, no doubt about it."

Fuckbwoy Alan Shearer 

Just seen the back page of The Sun.

LVG confirmed that 3HUNNA is the player manager and is involved in every decision from team selections to what's on the menu.

Saw that in the guardian this morning

Was creasing at the thought of rooney replacing grilled chicken breast with pie

"To be honest, yesterday [sunday] on the plane, Wayne Rooney came to speak to me and asked me who Martial was, because the English press had started to speak," Schneiderlin told reporters at France's training base at Clairefontaine.

"I told him he's a great player with great potential, who has played some good matches with Monaco last season and the the beginning of this.

"I told him he is technical and powerful. A little like Therry Henry, even if it's the press who are making that comparison."

Lolol

You couldn't make it up

Usually, Rooney is a great finisher in both situations, but seeing him miss those chances on Sunday made me think we are watching a man playing without a great deal of self-belief.

He is still one of the best players in the Premier League, though. Just look at that chance he made for himself at the Liberty Stadium where he brought the ball down, nutmegged a defender and got through.

If he puts that away, we are all talking about how brilliant he is. Just because he didn't does not mean he is finished.

Rooney's biggest problem is that the team is not set up to play to his strengths. If he is given the correct role, then we are still talking about a world-class striker.

What he needs is a partner - someone like Robin van Persie in the 2012-13 season when United last won the league - who allows Rooney to drift in and out of games and cause damage that way.

This is amazing, how does he do this?

#WaynesWorld