Jay Z - New Tidal Music streaming Service

Afroman

I wouldn't take the phrase "old white men" too much as a comment on race.

Its supposed to reference people who've been around too long and lack diversity.

The "old" and "men" part is just as important.

Its not worth making excuses for him as he means exactly what he said

I see the leftys do this all the time making excuses for people that put down whites like it's ok for them to do it (not saying you a lefty)

Nah, a racist is a racist whatever race they are putting down and if they mention a race saying they bad then that's exactly what they mean

It seems pretty deep to you that you fear old white men

Any race can be proud of there culture/heritage but it's wrong if it's white people init

Evolutions a bitch ain't it?

Why you putting down yourself saying you just evolving

we aint pokemon bro there is no final form evolution is always happening.

I'm not trying to make him excuses, I just think you're looking to deep into it if you think he's arguing about race.

But I also think that James is wrong in thinking that just because Jay-Z is/was an artist, that he should somehow be seen differently to other corporate faces. 

Jay-Z isn't trying to revolutionise, he's trying to capitalise.

I'm not trying to make him excuses, I just think you're looking to deep into it if you think he's arguing about race.

But I also think that James is wrong in thinking that just because Jay-Z is/was an artist, that he should somehow be seen differently to other corporate faces. 

Jay-Z isn't trying to revolutionise, he's trying to capitalise.

yes i 100% agree but don't stand on some high moral standard we are all capitalist looking for that next deal, promotion, easiest way.

i am talking from a consumer/fan perspective and as one you would rather a higher percentage of your money to go the artist rather than some dude in a corporate office.

innovation stands on the shoulders of past innovations no one needs to have respect for them when a new idea can fill its place. like no one gives a shit about vhs anymore. 

yeah Tidal isn't coming with a new idea, its coming with the same idea as someone else - you have respect for the innovators who've created the current state, not those who just moved with the times

i'm a consumer and i want the people who've helped provide the experience to get paid as well as the musicians

if I go raving a lot of the time I'm happy to see the organisers doing well

same way I like seeing indie record labels do well

same as indie record stores

I imagine you're the same, no?

is it because they're technology workers that you think they're not entitled to get part of the money?

Lily allen was tweeting some sense about it aswell, saying the bigger cut of the money will just back back to the labels not the actual artist unless they are in the top tier (aka the tidal 14)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bit late, with no usp and dat price...nah

under one month later..

Two weeks after Tidal briefly cracked the U.S. iPhone top 20 download chart, the app has crashed out of the top 700. Apparently American consumers have limited empathy towards Beyonce and Nicki. Soon after the launch fiasco, Tidal’s CEO was kicked outin a “streamlining” move.  The new CEO Peter Tonstad, a former consultant for the Norwegian Ministry of Environment, has his work cut out for him.

The numbers don’t lie: Jay-Z’s Tidal music service is already a spectacular flop

http://bgr.com/2015/04/21/tidal-vs-pandora-vs-spotify/

jay-z-sipping-tea-o.gif

It looks like Tidal’s attacks on Spotify and Pandora actually managed to increase public awareness of the services, boosting particularly Spotify’s download performance at the end of March. And now, a few weeks later, the combined revenue performance of the two music apps is hitting a new milestone. To add insult to injury, Beats Music has started cracking U.S. iPhone top 20 revenue chart.

lol

And you know when ios9 drops beats will probably be a bundled app

I can't see them forcing the Beats brand on Apple really, seems counterproductive. I'd definitely imagine more Apple integration with Beats products is on the ticket though.

And when it happens the cypher will be complete.

Didnt think Tidal would flop this early, i gave it 6 months.

that's crazy

these tech products get ridiculous valuations which don't co-relate with their ability to generate revenue

the big-data element can't justify it, because its all about the industry which it is somehow valued higher than

tech bubble soon come

that's crazy

these tech products get ridiculous valuations which don't co-relate with their ability to generate revenue

the big-data element can't justify it, because its all about the industry which it is somehow valued higher than

tech bubble soon come

It's mad.

Look at Uber, Insta, Spotify, they'll be worth billions - I can't comprehend how.

CS the tech bubble