Is Stormzy a Industry Plant?

Niall Ferguson

1 hour ago, Incumbent said:

it's not messed up, you just can't see it's the same ol bullshit and it's nothing new

they fund you to control you

these fuckers DO NOT CARE ABOUT "THE SCENE" or authenticity of our arts

it's only ever been about the money

unfortunately ppl like you somehow equate artists/sports guys from the ends doing good as indicative of care, love of black excellence or some push towards musical equality across the board

it's not

/

black people don't control the music business why?

we sell out at the first opportunity, in stormz's case man sold out before most of us even heard of him

it's 2017 and we still can't empower ourselves by funding and maintaining control of our craft

And who's to say he won't do this later

Didn't he recently create his own record label 

• Downvote 1

B6spvri.png

Dont wanna hear about ? ? ? 

IVE NEVER REALLY UNDERSTOOD THIS WHOLE TOPIC OR WHATEVER.... HAVENT REALLY COME INTO HERE

BUT I CAN SAFELY SAY I MAY AGREE....

I NEVER HEARD OF HIM TILL THAT POPULAR SHUTUP TRACK CAME OUT

ALL OF A SUDDEN HES GOT ADIDAS BEHIND HIM

ALL OF A SUDDEN HES DOING ALL THESE HIGH END/EXPENSIVE AD CAMPAIGNS.... WHAT GRIME ARTIST IS DOING THAT/HAS DONE THAT!?!?!?!?

ITS MAD

47 minutes ago, Agony said:

"kick up the yout" :lmao:

d#gf

h

dt

f

n

sounds like the ramblings of a schizophrenic homeless guy

3 hours ago, yhfam said:

And who's to say he won't do this later

Didn't he recently create his own record label 

he won't coz chances are his already signed away his future judging by his newly created label

so? u talk as if creating your own record label is hard, it's not

funding & running it at the highest level is hard as fuck especially if you are truly independent

22 minutes ago, Everyone's Uncle said:

I swear he pretty much admitted to gettin 'help' from adidas in his nftr...

Abra kadabra said something similar in his one/they were all laughin when adidas got brought up

tbf this was the first i heard of stormzy >>> 

nike sliders / still a plant or nah?

This was when he got scouted and signed by adidas. Wasn't making any waves or getting views before.

debut adidas track after they advised him to start spitting on big beats that others have already vocalled, as there's nothing like selling something that somebody is already used to:

Lol.

Stormzy defo was getting views before that, not as much as he is now but...

One of the first times I came across him was Wicked Skengman and that was before Adidas i think and that was mainly because he was being pushed by certain members of "black twitter" such as JamzLDN.

But at the same time I can agree partly with the people saying he kind of just exploded out of nowhere.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Mame Biram Diouf said:

Can't see past the jealously 

Cant see past the stats. Im sure if he didnt disable on the stats on his vids you would see the same pattern on all them.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, Restrictive said:

Lol.

One of the first times I came across him was Wicked Skengman and that was before Adidas i think and that was mainly because he was being pushed by certain members of "black twitter" such as JamzLDN.

But at the same time I can agree partly with the people saying he kind of just exploded out of nowhere.

Bro all his skengman videos and other earlier ones were posted to grimefroum and they were getting like 5/6 replies ffs.

Every artist needs a plug to a certain degree. A lot of these artist on sb, grm & co can't  generate the views they do if they posted it on their own account. This concept of an artist development being organic to the core  in this day and age is flawed imo

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Restrictive said:

Lol.

If anything it was the "black twitter influencers" who gave stormzy a big push before adidas

I remember that ugly shit "mr exposed" was plugging him as well 

he also done the same to Nadia Rose and she blew and what brand picked her up from there? Adidas

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, yhfam said:

If anything it was the "black twitter influencers" who gave stormzy a big push before adidas

I remember that ugly shit "mr exposed" was plugging him as well 

he also done the same to Nadia Rose and she blew and what brand picked her up from there? Adidas

nadia rose and stormzy are cousins...doesnt count