Is Stormzy a Industry Plant?

Niall Ferguson

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Personally I would say the level of the new MC’s surpasses the levels the Mc’s were on 10-13 years ago. But I understand people thinking the new guys are shit you are supposed to it’s a younger generation. We have seen the old age topic’s for years whether it is Pop, Hip Hop, House, Garage older generation tends to not approve of the younger, just show’s you are getting older.

As for Stormzy no he didn’t deserve the Mobo JME did considering he was in 3 different tracks which charted (Rari workout, German whip & That’s Not Me). But Stormzy did utilize his power and won the award by getting the votes in. Now we have more of a hip hop artist sitting in a position a genuine Grime guy should be with the tour etc. I wish the guy all the best. 

Stormzy stuff is available to purchase average guy in grime makes these videos and the product is not available or it is a part of a free download. Personally if I had a video on sbtv, link up etc  the release date would be sorted out already. A banner of my track and the release date will be the first thing you see on my video and every video I bring out would be treated as a single up for release, I wont be making videos for the fun of it, Got to adopt the mentality we see  in the states. Of course there are many who do it correctly but they are still in the minority. 

As for the beats the MC’s vocal, the boxed stuff to me reminds me of dubstep back in 2002 not the actual sound, the vibe  it reminds me of that. 

As much as people won’t admit it, until the turn of this year I always maintained grime is a form of dance music under the garage umbrella but really it’s not, Grime is now Hip Hop the beats majority of the mc’s vocal are rap beats at 140 bpm. Personally in my selection I cherry pick beats from the boxed type grime sound and throw them in my set’s like Murlo’s , Sir Pixallot stuff, same way I do with Drill, dubstep & Trap beats cherry pick them and drop in grime set’s. I just really can’t see MC’s choosing that sound over the ‘hip hop’ influenced grime as black/urban people it is not really a sound we fuck with in the streets like that. 

Grime is still playing second fiddle to road rap out here and with the rise of 67 & 150 think the  drill sound will soon be challenging grime for popularity out here. 
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

What is boxed grime?

Personally I would say the level of the new MC’s surpasses the levels the Mc’s were on 10-13 years ago. But I understand people thinking the new guys are shit you are supposed to it’s a younger generation. We have seen the old age topic’s for years whether it is Pop, Hip Hop, House, Garage older generation tends to not approve of the younger, just show’s you are getting older.

As for Stormzy no he didn’t deserve the Mobo JME did considering he was in 3 different tracks which charted (Rari workout, German whip & That’s Not Me). But Stormzy did utilize his power and won the award by getting the votes in. Now we have more of a hip hop artist sitting in a position a genuine Grime guy should be with the tour etc. I wish the guy all the best. 

Stormzy stuff is available to purchase average guy in grime makes these videos and the product is not available or it is a part of a free download. Personally if I had a video on sbtv, link up etc  the release date would be sorted out already. A banner of my track and the release date will be the first thing you see on my video and every video I bring out would be treated as a single up for release, I wont be making videos for the fun of it, Got to adopt the mentality we see  in the states. Of course there are many who do it correctly but they are still in the minority. 

As for the beats the MC’s vocal, the boxed stuff to me reminds me of dubstep back in 2002 not the actual sound, the vibe  it reminds me of that. 
 As much as people won’t admit it, until the turn of this year I always maintained grime is a form of dance music under the garage umbrella but really it’s not, Grime is now Hip Hop the beats majority of the mc’s vocal are rap beats at 140 bpm. Personally in my selection I cherry pick beats from the boxed type grime sound and throw them in my set’s like Murlo’s , Sir Pixallot stuff, same way I do with Drill, dubstep & Trap beats cherry pick them and drop in grime set’s. I just really can’t see MC’s choosing that sound over the ‘hip hop’ influenced grime as black/urban people it is not really a sound we fuck with in the streets like that. 

Grime is still playing second fiddle to road rap out here and with the rise of 67 & 150 think the  drill sound will soon be challenging grime for popularity out here. 

+1

• Upvote 1

Personally I would say the level of the new MC’s surpasses the levels the Mc’s were on 10-13 years ago. But I understand people thinking the new guys are sh*t you are supposed to it’s a younger generation. We have seen the old age topic’s for years whether it is Pop, Hip Hop, House, Garage older generation tends to not approve of the younger, just show’s you are getting older.

As much as people won’t admit it, until the turn of this year I always maintained grime is a form of dance music under the garage umbrella but really it’s not, Grime is now Hip Hop the beats majority of the mc’s vocal are rap beats at 140 bpm. Personally in my selection I cherry pick beats from the boxed type grime sound and throw them in my set’s like Murlo’s , Sir Pixallot stuff, same way I do with Drill, dubstep & Trap beats cherry pick them and drop in grime set’s. I just really can’t see MC’s choosing that sound over the ‘hip hop’ influenced grime as black/urban people it is not really a sound we f*ck with in the streets like that. 

Mate, you could and should write for Vice. Fuck these Old Blue Last hipsters, you just nailed what Grime is in 2015 in a way I've not seen many people express it ever.

The Rise of 67 and 150 - such a well phrased point.

• Upvote 1

Trying my own thing just finding very difficult gaining momentum. Done allot of networking the past 5 months to the point if you are representing grime on the underground we would of crossed paths at some point since October.

As for the journalist they have working for them yes they are poor, Paul Gibbons who work’s for SBTV I had to point out what was actually going on in a situation with werewolf & Zuu so he could edit the page last week. No disrespect to the guy but how can he be running the lowdown about grime and not know what is going on.

Last week Vice released an article on 10 people to look out for in Grime, As the selected female they chose Madders no disrespect to the girl she has come on my show and sprayed a few bars but she has a long way to go before she should even be mentioned in articles like that. I personally would have had C Cane who is a complete female mc. It is like the person who wrote the article has no vested interest in grime.

I don’t want to be bad mind but allot of the guys they have working on grime discussing it like you said are neeks who have no place to be in a pretty powerful position when it comes to swaying opinions. I would not mind doing in depth articles on grime. DJ’ed the music since the start, actually was working at CB distributions back in 2004 learning about the game and networking would say I have vast knowledge.

No disrespect to any of the producers on this list but this is not a true representation of the 20 Grime instrumentals of last year, maybe of a certain style & sound, but I get it people have an agenda to push but these are not the tracks the streets were banging

Don't even get me started on this Grime 2.0 8-)

1427736316.jpg

• Upvote 2

Last week Vice released an article on 10 people to look out for in Grime,

As the selected female they chose Madders no disrespect to the girl she has come on my show and sprayed a few bars but she has a long way to go before she should even be mentioned in articles like that.

I personally would have had C Cane who is a complete female mc.

It is like the person who wrote the article has no vested interest in grime.

Big up your chessssssssss bro

You know....

• Upvote 1

Personally I would say the level of the new MC’s surpasses the levels the Mc’s were on 10-13 years ago. But I understand people thinking the new guys are sh*t you are supposed to it’s a younger generation. We have seen the old age topic’s for years whether it is Pop, Hip Hop, House, Garage older generation tends to not approve of the younger, just show’s you are getting older.

As much as people won’t admit it, until the turn of this year I always maintained grime is a form of dance music under the garage umbrella but really it’s not, Grime is now Hip Hop the beats majority of the mc’s vocal are rap beats at 140 bpm. Personally in my selection I cherry pick beats from the boxed type grime sound and throw them in my set’s like Murlo’s , Sir Pixallot stuff, same way I do with Drill, dubstep & Trap beats cherry pick them and drop in grime set’s. I just really can’t see MC’s choosing that sound over the ‘hip hop’ influenced grime as black/urban people it is not really a sound we f*ck with in the streets like that. 

well said

• 6 months later...
  • dub changed the title to Stormzy
  • User featured this topic