General Election 2017

Afroman

That manifesto is decent imo.Housing and education and social care

But we know what's going to happen.  

Papers will ridicule the policy as hot air and unrealistic 

These lot will choke on live air when asked for the finer details of these policies

. The trident one will be a major cause for concern and that could be spun as the party being weak on national security.. 

There really is a lot to like about it, but from my own perspective and I imagine quite a substantial amount of British people feel the same as me, there are a few reasons that hold Labour back right now.

Trident is a massive issue. Don't care what some peoples opinions are on cost and using Nuclear weapons. A Great Britain without that kind of defense weaponry and insurance policy is not great at all. I'm sure we would all like to live in this safe wonderful world Corbyn fantasizes about but unfortunately it's not the reality of things.

• Downvote 1

Things that I think still hold them back in some peoples minds, the Blair years for sure. The Immigration policy they adopted and the phony wars just damaged their name big time. The fact that they can sit around and talk about other parties and racism yet promote racists in their own party ( Which I know some on here don't agree with that argument ) but I know that's my opinion and a lot of others will share it too. And because of their weak stance on Immigration I think plus the Trident issue I think people see Corbyn and Labour as pure weakness going into a Brexit negotiation. I envisage they would easily let Europe slap them down and agree Free Movement for being in the Single Market, and that isn't what the people voted for. As good a Manifesto as they bring out like that, key areas are just going to cause them problems with voters.

32 minutes ago, Gambino said:

It says he wanted to replace it with a Cheaper Advanced Stealth Cruise Missile that could be delivered via Land, Sea or Air. What do you think my opinion of that would be as opposed to Corbyn wanting to get rid of our Nuclear Weapons?

The manifesto says trident will be renewed, although they want all nuclear eventually phased out.

• Upvote 2

Unfortunately we do need nukes and a leader who would be willing, under the worst circumstances imaginable to use them.

What I've noticed though is he plans to use business's and high earners to fund alot of his key policy promises. Are these really the people to be pushing right now when we're about to leave the EU, is now the right time to raise corporation tax, when companies are thinking what will be the incentive to stay in a non eu Britain? Higher taxes, economic uncertainty and potentially no access to the single market. 

Like if the top 3000 people contribute more in tax than the lowest 9 million then you need a policy to balance that, and take into account that those 3000 man potentially lost a big reason to stay here.

That being said I think Corbyn is moving like this because he's very much in favour of a soft brexit. So he can potentially say, let me keep us in the single market, so i can tax the rich more, to pay for houses,schools,education and the nhs.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, dub said:

so I guess you thought perhaps UKIP were being unrealistic?

all one can do is make assumptions if you dance around the answer

Not sure what you mean Dub... I feel like you've just got butt hurt at me listing what I dislike about Labour so ran to try and search for something about UKIP and came up with nothing? Labour/Corbyn have an ambition to get rid of Nuclear Weapons. What is the comparison? Where does it say UKIP want to get rid of them, I don't get it?

What they say goes... The management chain of these tabloids are the ones giving green light on destruction of whom ever they dislike on the political arena... They have the most power, and have politicans running scared for public perception... Tabloids like the Sun, DM etc without them, Brexit for example wouldn't of happened. Same energy they using now to totally trash Corbyn, as if he's some anti-christ.

I think it was FAZE posted a good interview on how the british press operate - https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/02/world/europe/london-tabloids-brexit.html?smid=tw-share&_r=5

Shame this same media warlords, don't go this hard against the major peado ring scandal, westiminster keeps covering up.

How many trident missile carrying subs will we be making? We only ever require two. We can have subscribed that can carry Tomahawk cruise missiles that have a nuclear warhead, similar to Americas Los Angeles class subs. We also have airborne nuclear weapons too. The F-35, I'm pretty sure will be able to carry nuclear bombs and missiles. Our airforce needs to be improved and we, as a country, need to start developing aircraft again.

The trains need to be put back into public hands, same as anything where competition doesn't and can't exist. 

Read Corbyn smashed his foreign policy speech today

52 minutes ago, JOHN DOE said:

doesnt matter he is not going to win 

being unelectable is unelectable 

People jus repeating this phrase over an over. Thats whats making him unelectable 

Post truth fuckry era

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Heero Yuy said:

So you lot all voting labour then?

genuine question.

@FA23 @Grafter @QPR Dee

Yup, would of anyway but this last month or so Jeremy has grown on me. I think he's the closest we will ever see to 'a man of the people'

• Upvote 3

Its a shame the rags have warped this country so much, i think Corbyn will get a fair share of the young vote but he has no chance with them 40+ year olds whose opinions are shaped by the media, will be similar situation to the brexit vote with these old cunts sheggin us.

• Upvote 6