#MeToo Movement

O Fenomeno

34 minutes ago, Seydou said:

The hunting has come to this side of the waters

In the parliament and BBC corporation

Years ago channel 4 did a survey about this. I been sayin parliament is rotten to the core. And its men who are more likely to suffer sexual harassment. Imagine this is the place all of our lives are decided. 

https://www.channel4.com/news/sexminster-channel-4-news-2014-survey-of-harassment-in-parliament-given-new-relevance

In 2014 Channel 4 News carried out an exclusive survey of men and women working in parliament, ranging from researchers and activists to MPs from all political parties and sexual and orientations. A third of them said they had experienced sexual harassment involving abuse of power.

70% of the incidents we were told about happened to people under 25 – and men were more likely to be the victims

This was news 3 years ago and parliament chose to ignore it. I'm glad its being spoken about more but where it seems to be such an endemic problem cant see anything changing.

7 hours ago, Heero Yuy said:

thats peak, did they even look into it or just drop man?

seems a bit easy to just drop man and re shoot scenes, unless they been looking into it for a while

this guy could be the first MP 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tory-mp-stephen-crabb-sorry-11428747

Westminster 'sexual harassment' scandal breaks: Tory MP Stephen Crabb admits sexting 19-year-old while another called his secretary 'sugar t*ts' and made her buy sex toys

Former Cabinet minister Stephen Crabb has apologised for sexting a 19-year-old woman after he interviewed her for a job.

The Tory MP for Preseli Pembrokeshire, 44, admitted sending "explicit" messages to the teenager in 2013 when he was a Welsh minister.

The married MP told a newspaper he had been "foolish" but that there had been no sexual contact.

"We exchanged messages which talked about sex but none of it was meant seriously," he said.

"We met for coffee a few times and had a glass of wine once at the Commons, but nothing more.

"I accept any kind of sexual chatter like this is totally wrong and I am sorry for my actions."

Mr Crabb resigned last year as a cabinet minister following reports of a similar incident.

The reports come amid speculation at Westminster that at least four MPs have been caught up in various allegations of sexual misconduct.

Downing Street said such behaviour was "completely unacceptable" and urged women affected to report it to the police.

Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn warned of a "warped and degrading culture" where the abuse of women had gone unchallenged for too long.

Environment Secretary Michael Gove was forced to apologise on Saturday after a "clumsy" attempt at a joke in which he likened being interviewed by BBC presenter John Humphrys to "going into Harvey Weinstein 's bedroom".

International Trade Minister Mark Garnier has also admitted asking his secretary to buy sex toys for him and calling her "sugar t*ts".

The Mail On Sunday said married Tory MP Garnier described the incidents as "good-humoured high jinks" and "amusing conversation".

He strongly denied that they constituted sexual harassment.

Mr Garnier's former secretary Caroline Edmondson told The Mail on Sunday he had given her the money to buy two vibrators at a Soho sex shop - one for his wife and one for a woman in his constituency office.

Ms Edmondson, who has since left to work for another MP, was quoted as saying that on another occasion in a bar, in front of witnesses, he told her: "You are going nowhere, sugar tits."

The Mail reported that Mr Garnier had admitted the claims, saying: "I'm not going to deny it, because I'm not going to be dishonest. I'm going to have to take it on the chin."

According to the paper, he said the "sugar t*ts" comment was part of an "amusing conversation" about the TV comedy Gavin and Stacey, while the sex toys were bought after a Christmas lunch.

"We bought some soap sets, that sort of stuff, scented candles. The vibrator shop was high jinks," he is quoted as saying.

"I hung around outside and she went into this shop. That was it."

The Mail said Mr Garnier had conceded that, in the current climate, his actions could look like "dinosaur behaviour", but insisted: "It absolutely does not constitute harassment."

On 10/26/2017 at 11:02 PM, Uncle Man said:

A wider issue some of you may wish to consider from all this throwing buses at guys era is that the outraged women in question with their tales of total devastation have been propositioned countless times in similar circumstances but the outcomes of those occasions had been more amenable to them. Passionate. Romantic. Sexy. Like a movie maybe

These had been the occasions when the man in question had been more attractive in the eyes of the women in question. This can be described as an intangible, as evidenced from the maxim 'eye of the beholder' it is difficult to assess correct form from a uniform standpoint going forward. women are saying is that if a man is unattractive to them (even 20 years after the fact) then ewww he's a rapist, but if not then its all fifty shades of gravy. Two men can use a same technique in the same circumstance with two wildly different outcomes. It is a lottery.

The implication is that women only want to be propositioned by men they want to be propositioned by. Jailtime for the rest.Are we having a cake and eating it again ladies maybe?

Now as a balding but still handsome executive I'm not worried AT ALL,but due to my altruistic disposition I'm concerned for some of you less fortunate executives out there. Could be a consent form ting for u man in the future, and thats just to get the digits.. Long.

Don't come at me with that not in the workplace shit. we are talking about Hollywood where everything is made out of cocaine and people eat prostitutes for breakfast. I can't see this movement as anything but  a self righteous hyperfeminist witchhunt. As if Hollywood hadn't become anodyne and self worshipping enough in the last 20 years. Jeesh

Its the wider ramifications a few plays down the line which have caused me to raise an albeit long eyebrow at this juncture in the procession, and at this interval I'd like to take a moment to wish you all the best In the future. 

In closing I want to skress that I am anti rape and anti harassment, but I am pro equal opportunity. If you want handsome guys asking you to fuck you will have to put up with enquiries from these other executives I'm afraid. Life, to the best of my knowledge,  is not a freaking fairytale.

On 10/27/2017 at 7:26 AM, Uncle Man said:

Do you know what ' false equivalence' is? Its a device used by sloppy journalists like yourself to boil down two completely separate and complex issues into a fit for all slogan you can iron onto a T-shirt and skate off into the sunset with.

I did not say black lives don't matter as you suggest, ladies and gents. I believe police brutality and Hollywood sleaze to be unrelated topical issues that each require a degree of nuance to understand and solve. Indeed I do not see racial equality and sexual equality as the same issue, they are grouped together by various acts of parliament but by no means the same issue in terms of ultimate truth- God/ nature/ science/ logic whatever you wanna call it

Life is a complex mechanism which goes all the way down to a molecular level, imagine if you were able to make your own mind up about a range of issues instead of just going along with the reductive status quo you prescription meds motherfucklet

HERE HEAR HEER

THE KID IS BACK

25 minutes ago, QPR Dee said:

Kevin Spacey attempted to move to a 14yo boy in the 70s.

Spacey released a statement announcing he's gay

Finally

Hes got a history of propositionin straight men

An cottaging on clapham common

Private life is private life but my view is he never came out because hes a seedy battyman an now look hes a pedo

I reckon hes just playing himself in house of cards. Thought the level of gayness was gratuitous and forcing this agenda that straight men dabble in batty or that bisexuality is the norm

One guy told me in school spacey was a battyman and a pedo

thought he was on a wind up

as the guy was/is a serial liar but hey he mustve known something i didnt 

/

Kanye is a battyman too was dating one of the male makeup guys at selfridges early 2000s

2 hours ago, Kuffir said:

Lol @ him not getting it in the neck cause he announced he's gay playing a blinder

LOL He's sick.

2 hours ago, Grafter said:

I reckon hes just playing himself in house of cards. Thought the level of gayness was gratuitous and forcing this agenda that straight men dabble in batty or that bisexuality is the norm

He's too comfy in those scenes. More than great acting.