Living apart from your children

1 hour ago, Toney Barton said:

Do you have children with somebody you were never in a relationship with?

Did you split with your partner and have to leave your children behind?

Was this the hardest thing you have ever had to do?

Do you see them as much as you'd like?

By far the hardest thing I had to do in my life 

Its blessed now though, I can see them when I like and they stay over quite regularly 

Yes 

Yeah  ...  but the relationship with my ex was so stale that it was definately for the best. 

Been 3 years now, but there's never been any issues trying to see my daughter.... she comes to stay with me most weekends and i try to go down at least once in the week. 

Think the hardest bit about it all will be seeing another man with my daughter which I'm sure eventually will happen....

But I won't be able to complain cos I've been with my new girl now for 2 years.... living together for 1.... 

And my ex has been good about the situation.... No issues. No blocking me from seeing my daughter. Nuttin. 

It's sad though... because I always thought when I had a child I would be with the mother always but this is life.

53 minutes ago, kerser said:

It's sad though... because I always thought when I had a child I would be with the mother always but this is life.

Yeah same tbh, but hindsight is wonderful in such situations

Ideally I would have preferred to be in a family unit, but it takes 2 to tango and life is a very long road. 

/

Interesting that you mentioned the thing about seeing another man with my kids, for some reason I can never imagine that happening. Even thought I know BM has another b/f as well but shes so fucked I really cant imagine her having another man in her yard lol

I never imagined a setup like that for myself (all living together)

Probably because I've never seen a relationship as permanent or something that could be

Always known or planned for my bm/bms to be just that and for my relationships to be separate so that my relationships, breakups, etc never affect my children

Yeah my children might like whoever I'm with 1 day but if that ended I don't think it would be as damaging as mummy and daddy breaking up and daddy doesn't live here anymore and I'm glad to say my children never have to experience this

15 hours ago, Toney Barton said:

Do you see them as much as you'd like?

- yes, wouldnt say leave behind though, I'm his dad and my house is his house, he loves it here.

- surprisingly not the hardest thing, but very few things stress me out and infact I work harder and better when my back's against the wall and focus on the bigger picture, there have been stressful issues as you can imagine, but hes my son, it's all light work

- yes and no, 95% of the time I see him very often, more than most dads do, but he asks for me constantly and even at nursery hes constantly saying my daddy's coming to pick me up, at times ive had to pick him up at the middle of the week because he just wont stop going on about me and saying he wants to go to my house. so I think that pisses her off at times as she probably thought it would be all about her when she had a kid, plus the breakup was all mad, so she can just be a d*ck at times when shes pissed off, but again, light work. 

I dont shout, argue, get drawn into arguments and all that so its just a dead end road when all that happens, end of the day Ive gotta be able to explain my actions to him with a clear head when hes 20 or whatever and theres no way im gonna have to explain why I screamed at his mum or refused to pick him up or booted her door down when she refused to let me see him.

also with regards to her seeing someone else, I couldnt really care less tbh, as long as my kid is safe thats all that matters

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Trap God said:

Question for fathers

How do you know your child is safe when there's another man in the house with your child Russell Wilsoning?

You assume their mum is capable of keeping the child safe and that she has verified the man

Or You fight for custody if You don't think the mum can keep them safe

Why Russell Wilson, he known for being the only man to move in with a woman who has kids? 

2 hours ago, Trap God said:

Question for fathers

How do you know your child is safe when there's another man in the house with your child Russell Wilsoning?

Look for changes in behaviour would be the main one, less eye contact, quieter, body language changes, avoidance, behavior in nursery / school, anger or aggression etc

The ideal would be to create an open and honest relationship with the child where he's not afraid of you or his mum and is able to tell you anything he's uncomfortable with and things that happened that he doesn't like, or if someone told him not to tell daddy or whatever, assuming of course he's old enough for that.

But life isn't ideal so you just have to do the best on your part and not drive yourself mad with anxiety thinking what could be