Spurs v Swansea starting now

salah >

come and made a joke out of this league

imagine messi under a direct manager in england would get 75 league goals

luke shaw back to league 1

Icardi>

4 minutes ago, Drift said:

United vs Tottenham: Pagan Derby

LVG won the fa cup before Jose joined so if he fucks up the team selection and tactics he can't use the heritage excuse this time around

/

In other news, the Sevilla team Jose struggled against over 2 legs only had 1 shot on target in a 2-1 defeat away vs 16th place Leganes 

giphy.gif

The way Cristiano has built his form and momentum in the 2nd half of the season to ultimately make the difference in the CL was so predictable. Looking more assured and sharp in the box. Still expecting it to not quite be enough in the end, but he's boosting his numbers nicely.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sho'Case said:

The way Cristiano has built his form and momentum in the 2nd half of the season to ultimately make the difference in the CL was so predictable. Looking more assured and sharp in the box. Still expecting it to not quite be enough in the end, but he's boosting his numbers nicely.

Who you think will win CL?

4 hours ago, Toney Barton said:

Who you think will win CL?

Difficult to say for various reasons, but I think Barcelona may navigate their way to the final - at which stage I'd expect them to win - despite being far from free flowing, as talented individually, stylistically true to their attacking principles and as dominant as recent Barcelona sides. The fact they have a healthy lead at the top of La Liga gives them licence to rest players, but their advantage isn't so vast that they can afford to switch off in all their remaining league games, which can prove costly - as was the case for Pep's Bayern.

Man City have the manager to reach the final, but I'm not convinced their authority to control games and ability to nullify the counter attacking threat of certain teams away from home is at the required level. The Liverpool tie will reveal a lot about their prospects for me. Of course, City are dangerous and can overwhelm teams with their attacking intent. However, it's different when the pressure mounts and the CL provokes complicated situations over a two legged tie. The return of Mendy, Jesus' form and Pep's tactical decision could be the difference. The atmosphere at the Etihad is pretty dead, which won't intimidate visiting foreign teams either. I'm not sure if Man City are ready to land in Europe, which is precisely what Pep keeps eluding to in his press conferences.

Madrid are candidates for obvious reasons and they're making slight progress as a team. Their offensive output is much better than earlier in the season, but the 1st leg v PSG exposed their deficiencies and how vulnerable they can be if the opposition want to dictate and be aggressive. The Juventus tie falls either side of the Madrid derby so it'll be a demanding period for them to reach the Semis.

Bayern have momentum, enough quality, experience and a trusted formula under Heynckes - they'll push anybody over two legs, but I don't see them winning it without Neuer in goal.

So yeah, Iniesta to win the CL and complete a treble in what looks likely to be his last season as a Barcelona player, emulating Xavi.

• Like 1

Good analysis, I think the key to Man City winning or losing it is at CB.

Kompany and Otamendi win the most duels but Laporte and Stones have higher pass completion rate.

Stones to me is too error prone so I don't think Pep will consider him, especially for a game against Barca.

Pep seems to like Otamendi and Kompany right now but he might go for 1 of each style so include Laporte and 1 other.

It'll be intriguing to see what he does in that regards.

Obviously would love to see Man City v Barca, even in the semi, final would be amazing.

But I would agree that Barca look like the favs, then Real imo.

The game recently was quite even until the goal but Barca know how to punish mistakes ruthlessly.

I expect Man City to get past Liverpool, I think the win at Anfield will be their undoing as Pep now has intelligence, but Silva wasn't playing and he is their most important player imo so things will be different anyway.

You doing coaching courses?

On 3/18/2018 at 9:20 PM, Sho'Case said:

5 hours ago, The King said:

CR7 averaging a goal every 44mins since Jan

LaLiga - Real Madrid

Backed himself when 12-1 down

Ronaldo made a bet with teammates that he would overturn Messi's Pichichi lead

Barcelona's incredible start to the season was characterised by Lionel Messi's blistering goalscoring, however when the disparity between the two players was 11 goals, Cristiano Ronaldo made a bet with his teammates that he would win the Pichichi award.

This seemed a laughable claim at the time, however after a quite wonderful start to 2018, the Portuguese veteran is well on course to challenge for the award.

As part of Radio MARCA's El Transistor programme, Jose Ramon de la Morena revealed that Ronaldo began this challenge in front of his colleagues in order to kickstart his season after a slow run.

Ronaldo's four-goal haul on Sunday evening brings him to within three goals of the Argentine in the goalscoring charts, and the swing in form is clear.

Since Ronaldo's supposed bet, Messi has notched 13 goals with the Real star having scored 21 in the same period, with his sights now firmly set on ending the campaign well and surpassing his rival from the Camp Nou.

http://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2018/03/18/5aaee63fca47418a1b8b4676.html