They did it again: Jamie Oliver's Jerk Rice

dub

47 minutes ago, ag. said:

I am not your Nigerian uncle Babatunde who bred some obese slag from Kent for a passport.. anyone who knows me irl knows I have always punched above my weight since school lol  facts only...

But a lot of shit i posted on the internet these past few years was me venting while going thru a lot of real shit in my life, then coming on the internet and seeing the dumb shit people write. I really don't have hate for west Affs or Jamos, contrary to the posts on here.. but a lot of stuff I said on here always gets EMOTIONAL not OBJECTIVE responses... and I am sure some of u recognise the truth in shit i say if u arent blinded by insincerity.

Was that YouTube comment actually you?

7 hours ago, ag. said:

Are you that effected by what I say? Black people in England have had too long being mollycoddled by Liberals. If I wasn't scared of fucking up my money I would do Youtube videos on this stuff and I actually have alot of information to back up what I say. I like a lot of West African and Caribbean culture but it's funny how defensive people get when you give them a dose of reality about blatant minority sections of their cultures.

Any African/Black person on here who is hurt by what I say, feel free to OBJECTIVELY point out what is wrong about the shit I say on here....

youre a c*nt but i totally agree with you. obviously grafter and co will be up in arms but have nothing to refute it. 

18 minutes ago, VENOM said:

youre a c*nt but i totally agree with you. obviously grafter and co will be up in arms but have nothing to refute it. 

African people don't have a good track record of supporting or tolerating polemics/free thinkers... look what happened to Sankara, Lumumba, etc... 

If the people didn't support sankara or Lumumba or Marcus Garvey (a pioneering Jamaican by the way who undoubtedly influenced both men and african liberation movements the world over), they would not have achieved what they did

Free thinkers will always have nay Sayers but AG u are no where near the likes of these great men

Just now, Grafter said:

If the people didn't support sankara or Lumumba or Marcus Garvey (a pioneering Jamaican by the way who undoubtedly influenced both men and african liberation movements the world over), they would not have achieved what they did

Free thinkers will always have nay Sayers but AG u are no where near the likes of these great men

You never met any of these people.

You are comparing ideas you have about people to some other ideas you have about people.

/

We all know what AG is saying is right. 

I'm not usually comfortable with someone non-Jamaican speaking on Jamaican problems, because I'm fully aware and usually possess a deeper understanding, but I'll bligh AG.

From time he mentioned African-Americans he was bang on the mark.

/

Grafter, Marcus Garvey was from a completely separate generation of Jamaicans. 

Even in this country, the Jamaicans here before 1980 or so were COMPLETELY different. 

There is a generation of Jamaicans that is responsible for a big part of the degeneration of Jamaican culture. That was the 80s/90s/00s set.

1 hour ago, Elementalism said:

You never met any of these people.

You are comparing ideas you have about people to some other ideas you have about people.

/

We all know what AG is saying is right. 

I'm not usually comfortable with someone non-Jamaican speaking on Jamaican problems, because I'm fully aware and usually possess a deeper understanding, but I'll bligh AG.

From time he mentioned African-Americans he was bang on the mark.

/

Grafter, Marcus Garvey was from a completely separate generation of Jamaicans. 

Even in this country, the Jamaicans here before 1980 or so were COMPLETELY different. 

There is a generation of Jamaicans that is responsible for a big part of the degeneration of Jamaican culture. That was the 80s/90s/00s set.

Come on bradda, we can disagree but as long as we use objectivity not emotion, we can still discuss things without going all emotional the way a lot of people on here and real life generally do.

I have wrote on here several times that the rot in the Jamo community as well as African American community really started taking shape around the time you mentioned.... Much of the stuff going on then was literally out the people's control... from the Contra/CIA/Crack/Guns shit in America, to the PNP/JLP militarisation of poor Jamaican communities, to the convenient location of Jamaica to many cocaine producing countries giving a route out of the hell on earth in these Jamaican ghettoes but then building the foundation for a criminal lifestyle archetype that is still emulated/hallowed to this day... That's why I  can never take these Grafter types seriously.. they try and belittle and undermine what I say because their own intellectual foundations are so weak, so they have no logical or objective reply most times.

3 hours ago, Agony said:

There should have been a franchise that was a Jamaican version of Nandos centered around Jerk instead of Peri Peri across the country a long time ago. 

I was thinking this before. It would be good to walk through parts of Manchester and Birmingham and go through a ‘little Jamaica’, the way there are so many Chinatowns in England as well as bare sections that look like u could be in Islamabad or Delhi. Jamaicans have been living here as long as the Stanis and Injaanz but they have nothing tangible to show for it beyond cultural creations like music. 

On 10/2/2018 at 9:17 AM, CurryMan said:

found one of the best caribbean spots ive had in london....only abd side is

1. it aint a shop

2. there aint a menu.

Some rastaman in walthamstow ....but the flavours...perfect. Has like a little opening window round the back side of his yard. The red pea soup i had was wonderful and it was Ital..so it was good news all round. 

anyone in walthamstow vicinity ...DM me ill tell u where it is

Looks like this is the new thing, this is what we have around my sides. A friend and his mother running this.

https://www.instagram.com/msc_kitchen/

No automatic alt text available.

I hear you @ag. - I lamented the same.

Not drinking = one of the secrets of Indians and Pakistanis. 

Jamaicans and white working class Brits pissed a lot of their money away when paypackets came in. It sounds non-important, but the deeper you pree it the clearer the picture is. Not only did they save money over years, but they also saved themselves from the consequences of alcohol-enabled decisions. 

Indians and Pakistanis became a merchant/service class within a generation of being here by clocking certain patterns. As soon as they could they sold tobacco/alcohol in their cornershops, in addition to everyday consumer items. They cornered the market on exotic/tropical foodstuffs, they were the ones selling ackee, yam, green bananas etc.

To this day Asians dominate cash and carries and import companies. The big Sikh cash and carries around Wembley/Acton/Southall/Uxbridge all supply the majority of the Jamaican import stuff, brands like D&G, Red Stripe, Wray & Nephew etc.

The fake Pickapeppa Sauce.

http://www.mnialive.com/articles/british-company-fined-over-80-000-for-imitating-jamaican-sauce

Wanis Ltd. run the distribution for Pickapeppa.

https://www.talkingretail.com/products-news/grocery/jamaican-pickapeppa-sauce-gets-uk-distributor-18-06-2018/

They've sold fake Red Stripe also.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/counterfeit-alcohol-seized-wallsend-warehouse-1409838

• Downvote 1