Boy In Da Corner

Kurtis

Why do you guys have lesser expectations for English artists?

I don't care if he is a pioneer or whatever, the fact iswhen you put Boy In Da Corner alongside other albums ln the Rap genre it comes up short, it sounds dated, but also the level of lyricism is elementary.

But at the time it was the ting

Same for So Solids They Don't Know album

Shit lyrics nowadays but still a classic

• Upvote 1

And its not even the best grime album either, before someone comes out with 'its not rap though its grime'.

what is the best grime album?

Home Sweet Home, Grime to be honest didn't produce great albums, but its understandable because many of these artists were releasing albums when they were in their teens.

I still bump 'Home Sweet Home' regularly though, because musically its a much better album than 'Boy In Da Corner' to me.

• Downvote 1

Why do you guys have lesser expectations for English artists?

I don't care if he is a pioneer or whatever, the fact iswhen you put Boy In Da Corner alongside other albums ln the Rap genre it comes up short, it sounds dated, but also the level of lyricism is elementary.

But at the time it was the ting

Same for So Solids They Don't Know album

Shit lyrics nowadays but still a classic

I like the production on 'They Don't Know' better.

after the Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill, albeit a long way after, this is my favourite ever album, (note i didnt say the best, but Favourite)

people who think it/he was/is shit are entitled to their opinion,

on the Kano Vs Dizzee debate, they were both way ahead of their time imo, but Kano was a step above he stood out on every radio set he was on, and Home sweet home was a excellent album musically,. imoon pure talent i think he's the best to come out of the scene.

Thats why Grime failed, how can a genre that came out in the 00's have lyricism compared to rap artists in the 70's and 80's, Grime is a form of music that should have been left to sets. i remember banging Boy In Da Corner in secondary and i was enthralled with Boy In Da Corners simplistic raps and beats, but i went back to listen to the album and i just couldn't listen to it for any prolonged period, that to me is not a good sign. In contrast i stumbled upon Illmatic ATLiens, Tical etc around the same period, and i still listen to them albums everyday.

Agreed. I can't listen to Grime nowadays, and as heavy as that Slimzee and Dizzee tape was, I wouldn't last 10 minutes tryna listen to it now. BITC was a good album THEN, but NOW...

Nah.

Every so often I have days where I play nothing but grime.

Slimzee, Wiley and Diz sidewinder

doogz, titch, delta force and flippy smalls on rinse

Macabre unit with K9 and Logical sidewinder

H, Skepta, Frisco and Dan

These sets get battered every once in a while, It's mad cos I still get hyped the same way.

/

If anyone has the BBC set where PAYG were guests on Dreem Teem's show just after they had the HLC clash please upload.

I remember when grime was like the best thing ever

pirate radio

channel u

the tapes your boy recorded the previous night on deja vu, raw mission etc

the DVDs

damn, I dont think i have ever been as excited about anything like that in my life before and since

4real, it was so relevant to that generation at that time when it was live