R.I.P Robin Williams

Gambino

Williams was a badman Actor A List don't anyone chat shit in that regard.

HOWEVER

Suicide is for punks chumps and cunts so pick which label he gave himself when he made that decision.

To take your own life is a selfish act, you are not there to witness the fallout. I speak as someone who has witnessed the fallout of someones parent committing suicide and its pretty fucked....and yes its COWARDICE. Brave to carry out the decision but overall a cowardly act as you choose to not face the demons head on and give up.

• Downvote 8

Williams was a badman Actor A List don't anyone chat sh*t in that regard.

HOWEVER

Suicide is for punks chumps and cunts so pick which label he gave himself when he made that decision.

To take your own life is a selfish act, you are not there to witness the fallout. I speak as someone who has witnessed the fallout of someones parent committing suicide and its pretty f*cked....and yes its COWARDICE. Brave to carry out the decision but overall a cowardly act as you choose to not face the demons head on and give up.

You ever faced those 'demons'?

“The so-called ‘psychotically depressed’ person who tries to kill herself doesn’t do so out of quote ‘hopelessness’ or any abstract conviction that life’s assets and debits do not square. And surely not because death seems suddenly appealing. The person in whom Its invisible agony reaches a certain unendurable level will kill herself the same way a trapped person will eventually jump from the window of a burning high-rise. Make no mistake about people who leap from burning windows. Their terror of falling from a great height is still just as great as it would be for you or me standing speculatively at the same window just checking out the view; i.e. the fear of falling remains a constant. The variable here is the other terror, the fire’s flames: when the flames get close enough, falling to death becomes the slightly less terrible of two terrors. It’s not desiring the fall; it’s terror of the flames. And yet nobody down on the sidewalk, looking up and yelling ‘Don’t!’ and ‘Hang on!’, can understand the jump. Not really. You’d have to have personally been trapped and felt flames to really understand a terror way beyond falling.” 

― David Foster Wallace

HOWEVER

To take your own life is a selfish act, you are not there to witness the fallout. I speak as someone who has witnessed the fallout of someones parent committing suicide and its pretty f*cked....and yes its COWARDICE. Brave to carry out the decision but overall a cowardly act as you choose to not face the demons head on and give up.

You ever faced those 'demons'?

Not his obviously but my own, indeed

HOWEVER

are you a masochist?

So you would rather a loved one live through another decade or 2 through misery then die? 

the guy was 63 ffs committing suicide at that age is hardly a cop out

guy clearly has a lifetime of demons in his head

not like some 15 year old that gets bullied or some sh*t then decides to top themself

My opinion is that makes it worse. He was rich and had life experience. There are always other options before this.

But then again again, I would refuse whatever ''medication'' they put him on (which likely made him suicidal as they commonly do) 

HOWEVER

are you a masochist?

So you would rather a loved one live through another decade or 2 through misery then die? 

Because I disagree with one aspect doesn't automatically mean I agree with the only other option put forward by yourself.

So you would encourage your mum to kill herself yeah? No you wouldn't

There are always other options than those peddled by mainstream.

Suffer or commit suicide  8-) cos they are the only options right

HOWEVER

are you a masochist?

Because I disagree with one aspect doesn't automatically mean I agree with the only other option put forward by yourself.

So you would encourage your mum to kill herself yeah? No you wouldn't

There are always other options than those peddled by mainstream.

Suffer or commit suicide  8-) cos they are the only options right

lol do you not think he tried other options from childhood all the way to 62?

Let him go ffs.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1563571/Dead-girls-mother-kills-herself-at-same-spot.html

Were your demons bigger than that Hardface?

End of the day you have no idea what how big somone else's demons are. So just because you managed to overcome yours, don't be foolishness enough to call someone else a coward because they could not defeat theirs. 

We aren't all built the same, we don't have the same strength and endurance...and I pray that you never have to find out your own limits.

Guest Chelsea Jack

I held back from commenting on this death for fear of being accused of speaking Ill of the dead

But in all honesty I'm glad another drug using Hollywood junkie choked himself to death in such an undignified trashy way

I feel nothing ...

He was always a poor washed up b list actor in his latter years

His piece on jihad was ignorant crass and I'll informed... A desparate puff piece for an american.audience, from a man desperate to cling onto some notion of relevance

I say nay to this out pouring of cloying false sycophantic grief

/

At least Hoffman and geldoff went out like a champion junkies surrounded by their drugs ...their hollywood fallen star junkie legacy isn't in doubt

Ssnsjsjss

Shssdxdrx

Rd

Rdhwjs

Dd

D

D

F

Ff

Dusisiakas

D

D

Ddisoekwlald

Djsjsjs

S

Sjsis:-$js

Issj

Nah pull that one back up selecktahhh

well done for battling your own demons but you know nothing of the human condition sir

I only know what I feel and experience, the same as everyone else.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1563571/Dead-girls-mother-kills-herself-at-same-spot.html

Were your demons bigger than that Hardface?

End of the day you have no idea what how big somone else's demons are. So just because you managed to overcome yours, don't be foolishness enough to call someone else a coward because they could not defeat theirs. 

We aren't all built the same, we don't have the same strength and endurance...and I pray that you never have to find out your own limits.

This isn't about comparisons, so that's irrelevant. I'm not sure what people are misunderstanding here.

It is MY opinion suicide is a cowardly act regardless of the reasons why.

That doesn't mean I feel no compassion for someone suffering or I may not see why they thought it was the only way out.

I liked Robbie but other issues about this story piss me off. Why is it shrugged off that he was a heavy cocaine user? If it was a regular joe, non-famous who went through the same shit but happened to have black skin and smoke cannabis......would the reaction be the same?

Bottom line is my personal opinion on SUICIDE = Cowardly act regardless of whichever endearing person takes that route.

Again.....Robin Williams was a BADBOY actor with genuine talent who I rated highly.

I said it before but, the state of on mind that brings about suicide isn't something I don't think anyone can fathom,unless you've been there, failed and recovered.

It's not rational and goes against our natural instinct to survive, it's not ordinary.

The thought of dying to escape, think about that for a second.... that's real despair yanno.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

But it's not a regular joe non famous what ever his skin colour is?

Obviously it's bad but it's different when it's someone who you see on your TV screen making people laugh all the time.

You really can't compare the 2 ffs.

:confused:  :confused:

Of course you can compare the two, your answer in itself shows why we should.

I said it before but, the state of on mind that brings about suicide isn't something I don't think anyone can fathom,unless you've been there, failed and recovered.

It's not rational and goes against our natural instinct to survive, it's not ordinary.

The thought of dying to escape, think about that for a second.... that's real despair yanno.

I see your point...but you don't know if I've been there myself and I'm not at liberty to explain why my opinions have been shaped and formed into what they currently are.

Being a dad.....any selfish thought I've had eventually gets overwritten when you realize what your children and loved ones will be left with.

Again, seeing more than one relative grow up lost and confused due to a parent committing suicide has had an effect. Maybe your opinion will change when you experience the fall out of such an act.

As sad as the whole episode is when you factor in the fact that he had money and greater access to more resources to receive help than most people suffering similar conditions.

The thing is, he used to on drugs and an alcoholic (Probs due to his ilness)  so obviously been through a lot.  He's always under expectations to be the guy to make everyone laugh.  Even when he's had serious problems and had interviews about them, he would try and slip in a joke here and there.

Quite a few comedians go through alot of stuff but always stay in 'character' when interacting with people they don't know

I remember watching a video how a comedian had to go do shows every night to make people laugh whilst his kid was on their deathbed, it must be a messed up feeling.

Suicide can be considered selfish as you're giving up and leaving everyone to pick up the pieces but got to remember he's had a heart surgery and had to be checked in earlier this year for drinking again.  He was probably struggling to cope any more.  If it happened to me, i would probably see it at selfish as well tbf

However, he can argue that he's children are now older to understand his problems and he's given them everything for the future.  He has no more expectations to keep up with anymore and can be at ease.

Obviously it's bad but it's different when it's someone who you see on your TV screen making people laugh all the time.

The fact that they would both be suicides yes.

But the reactions no.

I see your point...but you don't know if I've been there myself and I'm not at liberty to explain why my opinions have been shaped and formed into what they currently are.

Being a dad.....any selfish thought I've had eventually gets overwritten when you realize what your children and loved ones will be left with.

Again, seeing more than one relative grow up lost and confused due to a parent committing suicide has had an effect. Maybe your opinion will change when you experience the fall out of such an act.

As sad as the whole episode is when you factor in the fact that he had money and greater access to more resources to receive help than most people suffering similar conditions.

I think you being a parent, who would NEVER leave his child behind..must realize the gravity and magnitude of the issue, when a parent actually can. It's true though I don't know if you were there or not, but I would expect anyone who was there to have a much more enlightened opinion on the matter, not just "well they weren't strong enough so their cowards"

I've had close people around me have suicides in their family, next door neighbors son hung himself in his shed on his daughters birthday, one of the barbers cousins (who I went to school with) hung himself in the woods while his mum was battling cancer. Not once did I ever think their actions were cowardice, I just thought I'm not able to comprehend that state of mind.  

Some people have been through things that unless you told you couldnt even imagine, and even if told you could never been to comprehend the pain that never goes away, the anger that always finds itself back, the resentment to life,

Imagine something happened or was happening to you, imagine every time you close your eyes it plays over and over, or everytime you hear a certain name or are in a certain place, you just get flashbacks of stuff that has happened to you, I cant even imagine that and I am lucky enough to have not been exposed directly to that evil, but sadly some people close to me have and hearing their failed suicide attempts I couldnt say to them why would you be a coward and do that, that is wrong imo

Like Joey Badass said about Capital Steezs suicide, ''I hope you come across what you had to find''

Whether that be peace, an end to the mental and physical suffering, I just couldn't sit here and say it is wrong or cowardice for somebody to do

Not sure if anyone has seen this before but the girl featured in this documentary attempted to commit suicide but failed on a couple of occasions.

-Granddad killed himself

-Gran killed herself

-Great aunt killed herself

-Mum was a crack addict, raped and a prostitute irrc

-Cyntonia was sent around 6/7 families at a young age in the care system

-She was raped by over 20 different men from around 10/11-16 (when she was arrested for murder)

-Was forced into prostitution, had a gun put to her head anytime she refused by her pimp

-Some times would get raped by more than one guy at once

-Alot of the guys were unprotected 

-Was hit regularly/threatened with death to her and her family

I dont think anyone could say she would have been a coward if her suicide attempts had been successful, but feel free to try @hardface

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLyenhWOwg8

KMFT

i was tryna type a considered post when i see that bullshit above

now fuck it

that bitch should kill herself

like hardface i wonder how understanding people would be if this shit happened closer to home

fuck a suicide, bunch of bitches man