Who Has Earned a Starting Place So Far?

Mame Biram Diouf

Van Gaal in Jan

Has to go for

CB

RB

Attacking player(dribbling skills,technique)

Then next summer look for the enforcer

Might live to regret this question, but which players would you put up for sale, considering the squad needs slimming down.

Rafael

Smalling

Mata

Ander

Van Persie(Rooney won't be sold I underestimated his power)

Anderson

All the guys on loan

Van Gaal made mistakes in the market
Defence is sh*t no matter who plays where
Midfield is horrible with Blind in there
Mata is just a sideman
As for the wings its all one sided everything goes through Di Maria(rightly so but he needs someone talented to carry the workload)
Rooney is dead in central positions so he is best of in the left
This is 4-3-3 not 4-5-1 so Rooney job wouldn't be to cover Blind
His job would be to press the RB and pass him onto Valencia,Carrick and Blind to sort it out

You lot need to learn about systems.

Defence is shit, been so for two seasons. A top CB was needed, imo Rojo was bought because he has that 'enforcer cb' look but he looks frail on the field.

I haven't seen much of Shaw to justify his signing but I'm sure he can make the LB his own.

Mata I've never rated outside Chelsea's squad (never really cared for him at Spain) I maintain it should have been him out the door, not Kagawa.

Adnan has the talent to carry the RM, he needs to come into fruition and given time to. I think he's had one start all season.

Rooney is dead in central, put him out left - where is he going to end up?

School me on systems then, if Rooney isn't tracking the RM who is, telling me the two CMS are tracking both runners? This will leave a huge gap no?

Its a 4-3-3 not a 4-4-2 or that dead 4-5-1 which means wide forwards stay up the field as highest as they can.

They press the full backs but don't track them unlike 4-4-2/4-5-1 thats when you have to track the full back and help your full back out.

Dutch and Spanish Football made me realize this.

• Upvote 1

The thread question should've been something more along the lines of pick an 11 based on this seasons performances.

It wasn't that question because we don't have 11 players who deserve to start imo, you may disagree

I agree, ADM & De Gea. Nobody else should be comfortable in their spots.

• 2 weeks later...

De Gea

Right Back 

McNair/Carrick

Rojo

Left Back

Fellaini

Center Midfield

Center Midfield

Di Maria

Center Forward

Right wing

Marc Wilmots said in the summer "I don't understand why Manchester United bought him to play him in a system of two No 6s. Marouane is a box-to-box player."

So it's no surprise that a change in our formation and tactics has so far seen him show more of his potential.

Marc Wilmots said in the summer "I don't understand why Manchester United bought him to play him in a system of two No 6s. Marouane is a box-to-box player."

So it's no surprise that a change in our formation and tactics has so far seen him show more of his potential.

Yeah I was wondering what the contributing factor was in his upturn in fortunes. Hope he can continue what he's doing, always liked him and what he can bring to a team.. All the pressure being off him has probably helped him massively too.

when maroune was at liege suppose he was a box to box midfielder

then at everton he was used as a am but in 2011, he finished the season having won the most tackles, aerial duels and made more passes than anyone else at the club. He won the second highest number of tackles in the league and won possession of the ball 190 times, the most out of any player.

but at united he has been a fish out of water.

personally he aint going to become an advanced player than he is in my opinion