The Official Manchester United Thread

Young £

Shinji Kagawa's transfer to Manchester United from Borussia Dortmund for a total of €22m (£17.m) has moved closer but the midfielder has yet to agree personal terms and sign for the club.

The Japanese midfielder is back in his homeland and it is understood that Thomas Kroth, the 23-year-old's agent, travelled there from Germany in the past few days to discuss the move.

An initial bid of €18m from United was rejected last week but Dortmund have now reportedly agreed a fee that will be worth €22m with add-ons for a player who cost them just €350,000 from the Japanese club Cerezo Osaka.

The United manager Sir Alex Ferguson watched Kagawa a fortnight ago when he scored in Dortmund's 5-2 win over Bayern Munich in the German Cup final. He scored 13 goals in 31 league games as Dortmund won the Bundesliga from Bayern by eight points and he fits the profile currently adhered to by United of a young player who could improve and not cost a premium price.

Kagawa currently earns a modest salary of between €750,000 to €1m and was offered up to €2.5m to re-sign for Dortmund. But as he is intent on playing in the Premier League it is not thought his wage demands to join United will prove a stumbling block.

http://www.guardian....mund?CMP=twt_gu

if that reasoning doesn't float your boat, revert back to my initial one,

the transfer window hasn't even opened yet, and you've already made a significant singing in the German striker anyway,

apart from that the only significant deals have been Hazard, who Chelsea didn't even announce, and I cant spell his name who was on loan at Swansea and made the deal permanant.

relax, if by the mid June theres no movement then start kicking up a stink. but again, seeing as the window doesn't open till Friday no deals will be annouced till then at the earliest anyway.

interestingly enough Chelsea still haven't mentioned anything regarding Hazard on their official site.

i think what your wanting is paper talk to fill these long days without any football to watch. as anything else has either been Hazard led circus' or doesn't actually exist.

i don't know whats been happening at Arsenal but in fairness United brought in 3 significant players last summer, For Mame Biram Diouf who if i remember rightly had trouble seeing Jones Young and De Gea as significant signings what i mean by that is players who were brought in with both a view to the role they can play now and in the future for the benefit of the club and also wern't too cheap either, the Sneijder deal would've happened if he had been willing to lower his wage demands.

this summer, United have already been in heavily for Hazard but again having a sensible wage structure saw him go elsewhere,

both clubs have been linked with Kagawa and i imagine one of the two will get him, good signing for whoever does, and theres been other names banded about,

i'm still expecting the 2/3 significant signings to be made that i've been harping about all season, (i'll stand by that because although it was nice to be linked with him i didn't see Hazard's arrival coming true especially when the other two clubs got involved,)

2 or 3 in the right places will do tbh,

thread bare squad (quality wise) with Evra's mind elsewhere all season, Camel face's body packing up, a different right back every week, a goal keeper bedding himself in, Fletcher on the toilet for most of it, and Vidic's knee in pieces, to finish second on goal difference shows that not much is needed to challenge city,

all those problems being adrressed as well as having our best midfielder for the duration of the season instead of sitting at home in front of the TV for half of it, and Cleverly and Anderson fit, with the 2 good signings i'd back us to take it all the way again,

but as i said, i dunno bout Arsenal

Clubs was either gonna wrap up deals way before the Euros and the get togethers. Then even with players that aren't going Euros, even if domestic based, clubs are in no rush as your effectively paying a player wages while he is on a beach putting on weight. I doubt Arsenal are currently very happy about paying Nicklas Bendtner's wage for a month while he talks about moving away, oh but taking his time...

charity match at 6.30pm tonight (sunday 3).

shown on sporttv 1hd(30west), c+ poland/hd (13east), aljazeera sports 3 and 8 (13 east), sportdigital.tv (19east) and setanta ireland (28east) digi sport3 (1 west). among others. look at live on sat for full listings.

Roy Keane, Denis Irwin, Andy Cole, Dwight Yorke, Jaap Stam, Jesper Blomqvist and Edwin van der Sar to star for United.

And Real with Redondo, Zinedine Zidane, Luis Figo, Fernando Hierro, Ivan Helguera and Fernando Morientes all due to pull on the famous white shirt

streams on pc will be available too