Thun's Documentary Thread

Thun

VISIONS OF THE SEA is a glimpse into another world. Behold a dazzling variety of shapes and a rainbow of colors as you meet an amazing assortment of creatures-from tiny, single-celled organisms to massive mammals, from the beautiful to the "icky."

Aria Television presents a short documentary explaining the possible attacks that could take place in the London 2012 Olympics.

Nostalgia for the Light is a great doc.

Apparently there's a desert in Chile which is 1 of the best places on earth to view the stars from, the contrast is the barren land underneath the sky is the resting place for many of the victims of the Pinochet regime.

The women of the people murdered look for their remains on the land and they compare this to the astronomers search in the sky.

• 4 weeks later...
Philly Rap City

Documentary on 80's philly hip hop with Lady B, Jazzy Jeff and Fresh Prince and more.

This doc is crazy

You forget how innocent and fun rap used to be and how they have turned it into a monster

People seem to be more intelligent in the States back then and shows how they been dumb down over the past 30 years

[media=]

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Ol Dirty Bastard - One Word Can Change The World

An intimate look into the life and death of Wu-Tang Clan member, Russell Jones aka Ol' Dirty Bastard, (ODB). This in-depth documentary traces his life from his childhood in Brooklyn to his time spent in prison and finally, to his untimely death. Discover his true legacy, told by his family, his friends and himself, through exclusive footage. This ultimate biography features exclusive interviews and live performances from ODB and many of the Wu-Tang members.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWId9c3KUXA[/media]

• 1 month later...

http://www.missinfo....ke-documentary/

Broke

Getting paid multi-millions to play the game you love to only lose all of your earnings. For ESPN Films’ new season debut of their heralded 30 for 30 documentary series, director Billy Corben shows how some of sports biggest athletes can lose it all by the snap of a finger in Broke. Athletes such as former MLB World Series Champion Curt Schilling, former NBA All-Star Jamal Mashburn, and former NFL Pro Bowler Andre Rison all explain their stories on how easy it is to lose all of their hard-earned millions.

From drug addiction, to groupies, lavish spending on material things, gambling, bad business decisions, and child support payments, the documentary that had some oftoday’s biggest stars watching Tuesdy night shows how ridiculous things can get once the big payoff arrives. While the film focuses on the NFL (the NBA, MLB, and NHL declined to take part) this can also reflect the music industry for some of our star entertainers.

• 7 months later...

Phil Schneider died in 1996. Previous to his death he had been on tour across the United States speaking out about various subjects including his involvement with building a secret underground base in Dulce, New Mexico for the military. During this time, he said to have had an encounter with a violent E.T race in the late 1970's which would change his whole world reality immediately after. This documentary explores some of the information Phil Schneider spoke about to the public in the 1990's by examining each claim in detail with expert opinions from Richard Dolan, Richard Sauder, Neil Gould and Cynthia Drayer (Phil's Ex-Wife).

In this documentary you will find never before published photo's of Phil's Autopsy, documents about the Philadelphia Experiment from Oscar Schneider's files (Phil's father) and a very well explained background about Underground Bases

• Upvote 1

Phil Schneider died in 1996. Previous to his death he had been on tour across the United States speaking out about various subjects including his involvement with building a secret underground base in Dulce, New Mexico for the military. During this time, he said to have had an encounter with a violent E.T race in the late 1970's which would change his whole world reality immediately after. This documentary explores some of the information Phil Schneider spoke about to the public in the 1990's by examining each claim in detail with expert opinions from Richard Dolan, Richard Sauder, Neil Gould and Cynthia Drayer (Phil's Ex-Wife).

In this documentary you will find never before published photo's of Phil's Autopsy, documents about the Philadelphia Experiment from Oscar Schneider's files (Phil's father) and a very well explained background about Underground Bases

Remember reading about Schneider years ago

A bit far fetched but interesting under the circumstances, will watch

• 1 month later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1cXE-bnphc

In the summer of 1939 Albert Einstein was on holiday in a small resort town on the tip of Long Island. His peaceful summer, however, was about to be shattered by a visit from an old friend and colleague from his years in Berlin. The visitor was the physicist Leo Szilard. He had come to tell Einstein that he feared the Nazis could soon be in possession of a terrible new weapon and that something had to be done.

Szilard believed that recent scientific breakthroughs meant it was now possible to convert mass into energy. And that this could be used to make a bomb. If this were to happen, it would be a terrible realisation of the law of nature Einstein had discovered some 34 years earlier.

September 1905 was Einstein's 'miracle year'. While working as a patents clerk in the Swiss capital Berne Einstein submitted a three-page supplement to his special theory of relativity, published earlier that year. In those pages he derived the most famous equation of all time; e=mc², energy is equal to mass multiplied by the speed of light squared.

The equation showed that mass and energy were related and that one could, in theory, be transformed into the other. But because the speed of light squared is such a huge number, it meant that even a small amount of mass could potentially be converted into a huge amount of energy. Ever since the discovery of radioactivity in the late 19th century, scientists had realised that the atomic nucleus could contain a large amount of energy. Einstein's revolutionary equation showed them, for the first time, just how much there was.

However, at the time Einstein doubted whether that energy could ever be released. By 1935 he was convinced it would never be practical. At the Winter Session of the American Association for the Advancement of Science in Pittsburgh, he is quoted as telling journalists: "The likelihood of transforming matter into energy is something akin to shooting birds in the dark in a country where there are only a few birds."

• 2 weeks later...

Propaganda

Here is the formal statement I gave to Federal Police on 16 June 2012: 

On a trip to visit family in Seoul in April, I was approached by a man and a woman who claimed to be North Korean defectors. They presented me with a DVD that recently came into their possession and asked me to translate it. They also asked me to post the completed film on the Internet so that it could reach a worldwide audience. I believed what I was told and an agreement was made to protect their identities (and mine). 

Despite my concerns about what I was viewing when I returned home, I proceeded to translate and post the film on You Tube because of the film's extraordinary content. I have now made public my belief that this film was never intended for a domestic audience in the DPRK. Instead, I believe that these people, who presented themselves as 'defectors' specifically targeted me because of my reputation as a translator and interpreter. 

Furthermore, I now believe these people work for the DPRK. The fact that I have continued to translate and post the film in spite of this belief does not make me complicit in their intention to spread their ideology. I chose to keep posting this film because - regardless of who made it - I believe people should see it because of the issues it raises and I stand by my right to post it for people to share and discuss freely with each other.

I have translated this film, laid in the English voice over and subtitles, and on legal advice have blurred the identity of the presenter and/or blacked out certain elements.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NMr2VrhmFI

This is  a documentary mixed with truth and lies

Lots of joke the way the S. Koreans describe western powers and people

• 7 months later...

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/road-armageddon-free-spiritual-guide/

i watched this last night - good stuff

The Road to Armageddon examines the universal concept of the Apocalypse on an intensely personal and spiritual level, not as the end of the world but as the end of you: your body, your mind and, if you're not careful, your soul.

The film puts the viewer on the front lines of the eternal battle between good and evil, combining academic interviews with firsthand accounts of divine revelation to bring fresh urgency to the teachings of the world's major religions.

Buddhist, Jew, Muslim, Hindi or Christian, the message is the same: spread love, reject hate, walk in the light, avoid the dark, listen to the angels, ignore the demons. The simplest choices you'll ever make lead to the hardest path you'll ever walk...

It is a documentary about reincarnation, spiritual warfare, soul purification and love. The film features Marilynn Hughes (publisher on out-of-body travel and mysticism), Howard Storm (former atheist who had a near-death experience), and Bob Thurman (American Buddhist writer and academic) among others.

• 1 month later...

I watched this documentary this past friday. Very powerful stuff, well worth a watch. I grabbed my copy off a newsgroup site so it should be on torrent sites as well

In the astonishingly gripping LET THE FIRE BURN, director Jason Osder has crafted that rarest of cinematic objects: a found-footage film that unfurls with the tension of a great thriller. On May 13, 1985, a longtime feud between the city of Philadelphia and controversial radical black group MOVE came to a deadly climax. By order of local authorities, police dropped military-grade explosives onto a MOVE-occupied rowhouse. TV cameras captured the conflagration that quickly escalated—and resulted in the tragic deaths of eleven people (including five children) and the destruction of 61 homes. It was only later discovered that authorities decided to "...let the fire burn." Using only archival news coverage and interviews, first-time filmmaker Osder has brought to life one of the most tumultuous and largely forgotten clashes between government and citizens in modern American history.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Maafa 21

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqLyyIsKyCU

Maafa 21: Black Genocide in 21st Century America is a 2009 pro-life documentary film which draws a connection between the targeting of African Americans by the eugenics movement in the United States in the 19th and 20th centuries, and the modern-day prevalence of abortion among African Americans. The film argues that abortion is an attempted genocide or maafa of black people, and has been so since the 19th century.

The film has been praised by pro-life activists and condemned by historical scholars, pro-choice activists, and other writers, particularly in light of its unfavorable depiction of Planned Parenthood founder Margaret Sanger, to whom it attributes racist and genocidal positions. Pro-life activists have said that the film is an exposé of the racism of abortion in modern times, and that Planned Parenthood is especially racist. Critics have called it a shockumentary and propaganda for distorting the role of Planned Parenthood in the eugenics movement, for deliberately misinterpreting Sanger's position about black women, and for blaming institutional racism rather than social conditions for the prevalence of abortion among black populations.