Academic Thread

Yoshie

Dunno if there are any economics accounting etc students here but yh look at this

Globally renown financial news firm Bloomberg are offering finance students the opportunity to take their Bloomberg Assessment Test for free.

For anybody who aspires to pursue a career in finance this is a great opportunity to asses your own abilities as well as sell yourself to potential employers given that your scores will be made available to a host of leading firms who may contact you, that is if you impress of course.

The tests will be invigilated and as such will take place at various locations across the UK, to see where you can take it, register your interest and for further information visit the Bloomberg Institute Website.

Good luck!

• Upvote 1

My situation.

Flopped second year for a few reasons. Ended up getting 53%. To get a 2:1 now I need to average 63 next year.

Now if I retake the year, I'll easily get a much higher mark to take into third year, and take the stress off those last exams.

I'm looking at next years courses and can't see myself pulling off 63. But I'm still torn whether to go for it and potentially get a 2:2 or retake this year and put myself in a sick situation for third year.

Also, I missed out on doing an unrestricted module this year, which my girl did and I tried the work and believe I could actually get 100% in that paper.

The money ain't a problem, I will be coming out with a lot less debt than students joining uni this year.

Advice would be much appreciated.

My situation.

Flopped second year for a few reasons. Ended up getting 53%. To get a 2:1 now I need to average 63 next year.

Now if I retake the year, I'll easily get a much higher mark to take into third year, and take the stress off those last exams.

I'm looking at next years courses and can't see myself pulling off 63. But I'm still torn whether to go for it and potentially get a 2:2 or retake this year and put myself in a sick situation for third year.

Also, I missed out on doing an unrestricted module this year, which my girl did and I tried the work and believe I could actually get 100% in that paper.

The money ain't a problem, I will be coming out with a lot less debt than students joining uni this year.

Advice would be much appreciated.

If you don't think you can achieve the 2:1 without retaking then retake.

Coming out of uni without a 2:1 these days just isn't worth it if your trying to pursue a decentjob in the future.

Employers simply have the choice of thousands of 2:1 and above potential recruits to choose from.

Goin Kingston

owww

Who goes?

Skream at meh

If you don't mind dealing with a load of un-organised 'professionals' then it's alright.

My first year was live and I'd never take it back. But If I could turn back the clock... I would never have gone there.

Kingston have parred my life from the day I got accepted. Can't wait to get this last year out of the way (If I've passed, God willing).

Not started a small business, however, I do surveys, mystery shopping and food testing to earn a little extra dosh on the side.

Thinking of bulk buying toilet rolls and selling them at high markup cos I'm back in halls this year for my 3rd and last. (not one of them wardens, purely financial and we were running out of options) Also thought about buying some disco lights/ smoke machine for house parties, cos there loads of "djs" and people with speakers but no1 really has that covered.

From the facebook group looks like I'm gonna be surrounded by a load of 18yr-old white kids though (I'm 21 two months from tomorrow :rolleyes: )

Guest M12 Part 2

It's a good shout sometimes. Being close to your department/library and being away from all the hype that comes with being in your own house and having people around could help you secure the marks you need.

• Upvote 1

Third year starts Oct 3rd. We've gotta open a joint account before we get internet and TV. I'm tryna get people together to sort it now, but I know we won't bother until we move in, meaning we'll have no internet for atleast a week.

Was the same last year, wasn't that bad as we all had minimal work. We'll have loads this year.

TBH it was cos we wanted 4 bedrooms near both uni and Hallam (2 guys go to Hallam the other 2 of us are uni)- were like none available around Broomhill so went for city centre- left it way too late and didn't wanna pay summer rent. Appled for halls at Hallam and got successful

Pros- no bills to worry about, comes with a tv, cheaper overall than a lot of places, got a dishwasher, no arguments about room sizes etc, new faces, I'm less than 5 mins from lectures and about 10 from the library,

Cons- paying to use laundry services, surrounded by youngers, can't really do whatever we want, I can see when I have an important exam or something I'm gonna have kids around me not caring about noise/ being drunk, might have to actually use the library more now

I move in on the 10th, the other people in my flat are all the 17th I think except maybe one girl- gonna be Mack Central :Y: