iPhone

Mr. Gayle

Guest M12 Part 2

Mines coming on Mon/Tues. Early upgrade cost will be covered by the sale of my iP4 (o2 recycle) so im happy all round.

tell me more. i'll do this if its worth my while

I paid around £250 to do an early upgrade, they have sent me a jiffy bag and are holding the recycle price of my iPhone 4 at £266.00 for 7 days, i will send it back and be paid into my account within a week. I have signed a new contract, iP4s free (im on a £46pm contract though as i need high mins).

o2 existing customer.

alright im exactly same as you. but ive already got an o2 friends and family discount. can i keep this or you think ill have to give it up?

Mines coming on Mon/Tues. Early upgrade cost will be covered by the sale of my iP4 (o2 recycle) so im happy all round.

tell me more. i'll do this if its worth my while

I paid around £250 to do an early upgrade, they have sent me a jiffy bag and are holding the recycle price of my iPhone 4 at £266.00 for 7 days, i will send it back and be paid into my account within a week. I have signed a new contract, iP4s free (im on a £46pm contract though as i need high mins).

o2 existing customer.

alright im exactly same as you. but ive already got an o2 friends and family discount. can i keep this or you think ill have to give it up?

t-mobile werent having it with me.....they said 4s wasn't available on friends & family discount yet....pissed

*goes back to G1*

Can't update for shit

Error: 3194

help me out

Solution:

Exit iTunes

Locate your hosts file:

In Mac OS X /etc/hosts

In Windows c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Open the hosts file with Administrator privileges using Notepad.

Add the following lines to the very bottom of the hosts file:

#74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

Connect your device to the computer

Launch iTunes

Put device into DFU Mode by turning your device off and then holding down the sleep and power button for 10 seconds, then release the power button but hold onto the home button until iTunes tells you that the device is now in recover mode

Use the iTunes Restore feature as usual with the iOS device

Once your iOS update is finished, remove the “#74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com” line from your hosts file again so that iTunes can properly update as usual.

Can't update for shit

Error: 3194

help me out

Solution:

Exit iTunes

Locate your hosts file:

In Mac OS X /etc/hosts

In Windows c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Open the hosts file with Administrator privileges using Notepad.

Add the following lines to the very bottom of the hosts file:

#74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

Connect your device to the computer

Launch iTunes

Put device into DFU Mode by turning your device off and then holding down the sleep and power button for 10 seconds, then release the power button but hold onto the home button until iTunes tells you that the device is now in recover mode

Use the iTunes Restore feature as usual with the iOS device

Once your iOS update is finished, remove the “#74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com” line from your hosts file again so that iTunes can properly update as usual.

This is such a pisstake.

Found this solution online, did it, but it's not working. My phone only displays the 'connect to itunes' sign. Can't do nothing else.

I'm begging someone to help me out...